The Broncos took one wide receiver, one linebacker, one cornerback, one safety, and one center in the 2023 NFL Draft.
While Denver got good value on third-round pick Drew Sanders, there was no need to take a wideout in Round 2 given its current roster.
Let’s take a closer look at the Broncos’ NFL Draft Recap.
Broncos NFL Draft Picks 2023
- Round 2, Pick 63 Overall (From KC): Marvin Mims Jr., WR, Oklahoma
- Round 3, Pick 67 Overall (From IND): Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
- Round 3, Pick 83 Overall (From SEA): Riley Moss, CB, Iowa
- Round 6, Pick 183 Overall: JL Skinner, S, Boise State
- Round 7, Pick 257 Overall (From NO): Alex Forsyth, C, Oregon
Broncos NFL Futures Odds
Now that the NFL Draft is complete, get ready for the 2023-24 NFL season with the latest Broncos odds and futures betting markets.
Broncos Draft Grade 2023
Broncos NFL Draft Grade: C+
I gave the Broncos a C+ for their questionable selection of a wideout with their first pick, but also reflecting how they stole linebacker Drew Sanders in the third round.
Click to see our full report card of 2023 NFL Draft Grades.
Note: The following information was written prior to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Broncos Draft Team Needs 2023
1. Edge Rusher
The Broncos traded star edge rusher Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins at last year’s trade deadline, leaving a glaring hole at this position. While they signed Randy Gregory in free agency, they would be wise to add some depth through the draft.
Denver did a good job addressing the offensive line through free agency, signing offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey (71.5 PFF Grade) and left guard Ben Powers (86.5 Pass Blocking Grade). However, they could add a center to help with Lloyd Cushenberry III (56.2 PFF Grade).
3. Defensive Tackle
The Broncos currently have D.J. Jones (63.6 PFF Grade) and Mike Purcell (67.7 PFF Grade) leading the way at defensive tackle. New defensive coordinator Vance Joseph could use some more depth on the interior.
Broncos May Also Consider Drafting: Linebacker, Cornerback
Broncos NFL Draft Round 3 Mock 2023
- Round 3, Pick 67 Overall: Andre Carter II, Edge Rusher, Army
As of April 7, our own Anthony Cervino is predicting the Broncos will pick this long and rangy edge rusher with strong college production with their first of two picks in the third round. Read our full NFL Mock Draft.
Broncos NFL Draft Pick History
Broncos NFL Draft Picks 2022
- Round 2, Pick 32 (64th Overall): Nik Bonitto, EDGE, Oklahoma
- Round 3, Pick 16 (80th Overall): Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA
- Round 4, Pick 10 (115th Overall): Damarri Mathis, CB, Pittsburgh
- Round 4, Pick 11 (116th Overall): Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State
- Round 5, Pick 9 (152nd Overall): Delarrin Turner-Yell, S, Oklahoma
- Round 5, Pick 19 (162nd Overall): Montrell Washington, WR, Samford
- Round 5, Pick 28 (171st Overall): Luke Wattenberg, C, Washington
- Round 6, Pick 28 (206th Overall): Matt Henningsen, DT, Wisconsin
- Round 7, Pick 11 (232nd Overall): Faion Hicks, CB, Wisconsin