Set up in May 2020 by a highly successful, award-winning production & social media team, The Game Day is an online entertainment network focused on North American sports and sports betting.
The Hedge Business Centre,
Triq ir-Rampa ta’ San Giljan,
Balluta Bay, St. Julian’s, STJ 1062 Malta
Following positions are currently open. Apply now, join our team.
This list is constantly updating
Chief Commercial Officer
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will be responsible for the company’s revenue performance and commercial growth in the US. As such, the CCO will oversee the company’s commercial expansion in the face of increased legalization opportunities in the US, as well as working closely with relevant departments and key stakeholders to execute against a best-in-class strategy that they are primarily responsible for developing.
Additionally, the CCO will bring unrivaled contacts within the industry, with the ability to establish and build on a range high-profile commercial partnerships. As well as broadening the company’s revenue pipeline, it is also expected that the CCO will identify and develop new business opportunities for the company, as well as acting as a brand ambassador for The Game Day as appropriate.
- Work closely with the CEO to build the company’s revenue performance and commercial growth in the US
- Develop and lead the company’s ongoing commercial strategy
- Conversion of our growing audience into revenue opportunities
- Assess new investment ideas, building business cases to support the company’s commercial decision-making process
- Outlining syndication opportunities for The Game Day’s content onto 3rd-party platforms, including digital TV and online platforms (beyond social media)
- Assess the Game Day’s current channel acquisition strategy, and build an ROI model to rationalize future acquisition activity
- Build partnerships with related sports brands which convert our leadership position in social media into a broader brand equity value
- Alongside the CEO, help define short and long-term marketing strategy for growing the company’s brand profile, both across social media and in the commercial marketplace
- Work with the web team to outline acqusition and retention targets (i.e. CPA, retention rate), as well as audience conversion targets
- Monitor business performance, key revenue drivers and trends, reporting this information back to the leadership team on a regular basis
- Regularly review the company’s P&L to optimize efficiency and profitability
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identifying business partnerships and strategic opportunities for growth
- Build and manage commercial partnerships with 3rd party suppliers, market access partners and platform providers
- Converting strategic objectives into tactical plans, delivering timely results that come in on-budget
- Lead functional planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the business, to ensure cross-company alignment and delivering pre-agreed commercial performance
- Negotiate and maintain consistently favorable commercial agreements with suppliers
- Monitor and assess both the political and legal environment to determine business opportunities and threats
- Liaise with the heads of the company’s respective departments to deliver the company’s business objectives
- Act as a brand ambassador for The Game Day as required
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar commercial function, managing significant budgets and working to ambitious revenue targets
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Online gaming and / or sportsbook experience highly desired
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and analytical skills; able to execute tactically
- Confident, entrepreneurial and an experienced decision-maker
- Unrivalled contacts in the industry
- Excellent communicator, negotiator. and collaborative leader
The role is a senior position on the management team and reports directly to the CEO.
Compensation is equivalent to experience of the qualified candidate, and will be supplemented with a substantial benefits package.Apply on LinkedIn.
Head of Social Media
Reporting into the CEO and Creative Director, the Head of Social Media will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the company’s overall social media strategy. As such, they will be expected to bring a highly-developed understanding of social media best practices, as well a comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape as it relates to the syndication and monetization of digital sports content on third-party platforms.
With proven successes in both managing campaigns and building audience across digital sports properties, not to mention unrivalled contacts across leading social media platforms and third-party websites, the Head of Social Media will also be expected to set performance KPIs, formulate ‘best practice’ guidelines for the company’s social media channels, and clearly communicate short, medium and long-term strategic objectives to both the company’s internal departments and to its senior management.
- Developing and implementing The Game Day’s social media strategy
- Clearly communicating this strategy across the company’s operating groups
- Setting social performance KPIs
- Providing reporting data both for internal performance purposes, and for external stakeholders as required
- Identifying, recommending and licensing social media tools as appropriate to effectively fulfill the company’s social media strategy
- Developing and maintaining third-party partnerships, particularly with leading social media platforms and with potential syndication partners
- Identifying and developing new revenue opportunities for the company’s digital content
- Building and managing a team as required
- Assisting with the development of content planning for social media, including programming
- Working with the social media and production teams to develop, update and execute a community engagement calendar
- Delivering regular strategic updates to the business
- Providing qualitative and quantitative feedback based on consumer insights and close monitoring of community channels
Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Deep understanding of social media best practices, as well a comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape as it relates to the syndication and monetization of digital sports content on third-party platforms.
- Proven success in building audience across digital sports content
- Proven experience developing and implementing social media strategy across digital sports properties
- Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns
- Very strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Current in depth knowledge of social media analytics, best practices and emerging trends in sports media
- Ability to develop and execute community engagement programs
- Minimum of 4+ years in a similar role
YouTube Channel Manager
Reporting into the Director of Social Strategy, the YouTube Channel Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, growth and analytical reporting for our flagship YouTube channel. In addition to managing the channel’s layout, design, and organization, the candidate will also be responsible for optimizing the channel’s video performance both via ‘social hygiene’ best practices (i.e. metatagging, titles, thumbnails, etc), as well as collaboration with 3rd-party channels as appropriate.
Additionally, the YouTube Channel Manager will be responsible for both generating and curating ancillary video content specific to YouTube, with the primary aim of building further audience; this content may be UGC, behind-the-scenes content, or other ‘always-on’ formats that will be produced (or obtained) in conjunction with the company’s production department.
The YouTube Channel Manager will be expected to develop a deep understanding of The Game Day’s managed content, working with the company’s analytics department to extract performance insight with a view to understanding how the business can continually grow and develop its channels. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead ongoing audience analysis in order to validate existing strategies and provide information to guide programming, marketing, and investment decisions going forward.
With primary accountability for the channel’s week-on-week performance, the ideal candidate will be experienced managing a comparable YouTube account (or accounts). They will be a creative thinker with a strong emphasis on organization, whilst also being a clear communicator who can work well within a team structure.
- Run The Game Day’s day-to-day operations across its flagship YouTube channel
- Manage the design, layout and curation of the channel
- Upload content, ensuring channels adhere to YouTube best practices
- Ensure all content is optimized via ‘social hygiene’ best practices
- Manage content schedules and track content production to ensure deadlines are met
- Create performance updates for the wider team and company
- Interrogate data to deliver actionable insights and strategies for growth
- Join meetings with internal and external stakeholders to present channel activities and performance
- Edit and transcode videos as required
- Keeping up to date with YouTube platform developments, trends and training
- Write and edit metadata and copy for videos and channels, as well as do basic design
- Analysis and reporting of YouTube analytics and other data sources
Skills & Experience
- YouTube Certified, with a deep and current knowledge of the platform
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2+ years YouTube channel management experience
- Experience working with sports content preferred
- Proficiency using Photoshop
- Proficiency in video editing using Premiere and/or Final Cut
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office