The Chiefs selected two edge rushers, two cornerbacks, one wide receiver, one offensive tackle, and one defensive tackle in the 2023 NFL Draft.
While Kansas City addressed team needs by prioritizing premium positions, their overall class feels a bit underwhelming.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Chiefs NFL Draft Recap.
Chiefs NFL Draft Picks 2023
- Round 1, Pick 31 Overall: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
- Round 2, Pick 55 Overall (From MIN via DET): Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
- Round 3, Pick 92 Overall (From CIN): Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
- Round 4, Pick 119 Overall (From DET via MIN): Chamarri Conner, CB, Virginia Tech
- Round 5, Pick 166 Overall: BJ Thompson, EDGE, Stephen F. Austin State
- Round 6, Pick 194 Overall (From DET): Keondre Coburn, DT, Texas
- Round 7, Pick 250 Overall: Nic Jones, CB, Ball State
Chiefs NFL Futures Odds
Now that the NFL Draft is complete, get ready for the 2023-24 NFL season with the latest Chiefs odds and futures betting markets.
Chiefs Draft Grade 2023
Chiefs NFL Draft Grade: C
I gave the Chiefs a C for reaching on edge rusher Felix Anudike-Uzomah and taking Rashee Rice over other wideouts such as Jalin Hyatt.
Click to see our full report card of 2023 NFL Draft Grades.
Note: The following information was written prior to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Chiefs Draft Team Needs 2023
1. Wide Receiver
The Chiefs’ wide receiver room currently consists of Kadarius Toney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Skyy Moore. That’s an unproven group that could use another talented prospect.
Tight end Travis Kelce is the top target, but they need some depth as he enters his age-34 season.
2. Offensive Tackle
Kansas City replaced left tackle Orlando Brown (77.2 Pass Blocking Grade, per PFF) with Jawaan Taylor (76.4). However, they lost right tackle Andrew Wylie (60.8) to free agency. Replacement Lucas Niang only played 10 snaps last season, so depth is needed here.
3. Edge Rusher
The team hit on 2022 first-rounder George Karlaftis, but you can never have too many edge rushers in this passing league. Kansas City would do well to add another defensive end to join Karlaftis and Charles Omenihu (75.6 Pass Rush Grade, per PFF).
Chiefs May Also Consider Drafting: Defensive Tackle, Safety
Chiefs NFL Draft Round 1 Mock 2023
- Round 1, Pick 31 Overall: Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
As of April 6, our own Anthony Cervino is predicting the Chiefs will pick this offensive tackle with good size and instincts to be a productive asset in his rookie season. Read our full NFL Mock Draft.
Chiefs NFL Draft Pick History
Chiefs NFL Draft Picks 2022
- Round 1, Pick 21 (21st Overall): Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
- Round 1, Pick 30 (30th Overall): George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
- Round 2, Pick 22 (54th Overall): Skyy Moore, WR Western Michigan
- Round 2, Pick 30 (62nd Overall): Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati
- Round 3, Pick 39 (103rd Overall): Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin
- Round 4, Pick 30 (135th Overall): Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
- Round 5, Pick 2 (145th Overall): Darian Kinnard, G, Kentucky
- Round 7, Pick 22 (243rd Overall): Jaylen Watson, CB, Washington State
- Round 7, Pick 30 (251st Overall): Isiah Pacheco, RB, Rutgers
- Round 7, Pick 38 (259th Overall): Nazeeh Johnson, CB, Marshall