The Bengals took two cornerbacks, two wide receivers, one edge rusher, one safety, one running back, and one punter in this year’s draft.
Cincinnati made a great pick by nabbing a falling edge rusher in Myles Murphy, who was projected to go in the top 20 at one point.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the Bengals NFL Draft Recap.
Bengals NFL Draft Picks 2023
- Round 1, Pick 28 Overall: Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
- Round 2, Pick 60 Overall: DJ Turner II, CB, Michigan
- Round 3, Pick 95 Overall (From KC): Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
- Round 4, Pick 131 Overall: Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue
- Round 5, Pick 163 Overall: Chase Brown, RB, Illinois
- Round 6, Pick 206 Overall: Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton
- Round 7, Pick 217 Overall (From KC): Brad Robbins, P, Michigan
- Round 7, Pick 246 Overall: D.J. Ivey, CB, Miami
Bengals NFL Futures Odds
Now that the NFL Draft is complete, get ready for the 2023-24 NFL season with the latest Bengals odds and futures betting markets.
Bengals Draft Grade 2023
Bengals NFL Draft Grade: B+
I gave the Bengals a B+ for addressing team needs with intriguing prospects who can make immediate impacts, especially Murphy and Brown. Cincinnati could have key contributors to help them on their Super Bowl run in 2023.
Click to see our full report card of 2023 NFL Draft Grades.
Note: The following information was written prior to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Bengals Draft Team Needs 2023
1. Running Back
The Bengals can save cap space by releasing Joe Mixon, who has had legal issues this offseason. Cincinnati lost Samaje Perine in free agency, so they have a thin running back room right now. We could see them use their first-rounder on a top running back prospect like Jahmyr Gibbs.
Cincinnati could use some help at cornerback to go along with Chidobe Awuzie (69.9 PFF Grade) and Mike Hilton (67.1 PFF Grade). They need to bolster their pass coverage to help slow down their biggest threats in the AFC in Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.
3. Edge Rusher
While Trey Hendrickson is a major threat off the edge, the team could add some depth through the draft. You can never have too many pass-rushers, especially in a conference that is flush with some of the top quarterbacks in the NFL.
Bengals May Also Consider Drafting: Safety, Tight End
Bengals NFL Draft Round 1 Mock 2023
- Round 1, Pick 28 Overall: Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
As of April 11, our own Anthony Cervino is predicting the Bengals will pick this agile rusher with prototypical size to give them an imposing defensive line. Read our full NFL Mock Draft.
Bengals NFL Draft Pick History
Bengals NFL Draft Picks 2022
- Round 1, Pick 31 (31st Overall): Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
- Round 2, Pick 31 (63rd Overall): Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska
- Round 3, Pick 31 (95th Overall): Zachary Carter, DE, Florida
- Round 4, Pick 31 (136th Overall): Cordell Volson, G, North Dakota State
- Round 5, Pick 23 (166th Overall): Tycen Anderson, S, Toledo
- Round 7, Pick 31 (252nd Overall): Jeffrey Gunter, EDGE, Coastal Carolina