The Raiders selected two defensive tackles, one tight end, one edge rusher, one wide receiver, one quarterback, one safety, one linebacker, and one cornerback in this year’s draft.
They got their draft off to a great start, locking in two players who fell past projections in Tyree Wilson and Michael Mayer.
With that in mind, let’s dive into the Raiders NFL Draft Recap.
Raiders NFL Draft Picks 2023
- Round 1, Pick 7 Overall: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
- Round 2, Pick 35 Overall (From IND): Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
- Round 3, Pick 70 Overall: Byron Young, DT, Alabama
- Round 3, Pick 100 Overall (From KC via NYG): Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinnati
- Round 4, Pick 104 Overall (From HOU): Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland
- Round 4, Pick 135 Overall (From NE): Aidan O’Connell, QB, Purdue
- Round 5, Pick 170 Overall (From GB via NYJ): Christopher Smith II, S, Georgia
- Round 6, Pick 203 Overall (From NYG via HOU): Amari Burney, LB, Florida
- Round 7, Pick 231 Overall (From NE): Nesta Jade Silvera, DT, Arizona State
Raiders NFL Futures Odds
Now that the NFL Draft is complete, get ready for the 2023-24 NFL season with the latest Raiders odds and futures betting markets.
Raiders Draft Grade 2023
Raiders NFL Draft Grade: B-
I gave the Raiders a B- for securing two premium talents in Wilson and Mayer, the latter of which was a projected first-rounder who fell to the second.
Click to see our full report card of 2023 NFL Draft Grades.
Note: The following information was written prior to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Raiders Draft Team Needs 2023
While the Raiders signed Garoppolo, he’s more of a bridge type of quarterback to hold down the fort until the franchise signal-caller arrives. Las Vegas would have to move up in the draft to take one of the top prospects, but there’s a decent chance that Will Levis can fall to them at seven.
The Raiders have Duke Shelley, who earned a 86.4 Coverage Grade from PFF last season, but they could use another talented option to help slow down the prolific passing games of the AFC West. Vegas will be in position to draft one of the top corners in this class.
3. Edge Rusher
Maxx Crosby is one of the best edge rushers in the NFL, but Chandler Jones was a disappointment in his first season with the Raiders. The team may look to add another threat on the edge to bolster their pass rush.
However, this is more likely to be addressed later in the draft.
Raiders May Also Consider Drafting: Offensive Tackle, Defensive Tackle
Raiders NFL Draft Round 1 Mock 2023
Round 1, Pick 7 Overall: Paris Johnson Jr, OT, Ohio State
As of April 6, our own Anthony Cervino is predicting the Raiders will pick this high-upside offensive tackle who has the versatility to kick inside in what may be considered a reach at pick seven. Read our full NFL Mock Draft.
Raiders NFL Draft Pick History
Raiders NFL Draft Picks 2022
- Round 3, Pick 26 (90th Overall): Dylan Parham, G, Memphis
- Round 4, Pick 17 (122nd Overall): Zamir White, RB, Georgia
- Round 4, Pick 21 (126th Overall): Neil Farrell, DT, LSU
- Round 5, Pick 32 (175th Overall): Matthew Butler, DT, Tennessee
- Round 7, Pick 17 (238th Overall): Thayer Munford Jr., OT, Ohio State
- Round 7, Pick 29 (250th Overall): Brittain Brown, RB, UCLA