The National League Cy Young race continues to keep bettors interested as the final month of the MLB season is halfway complete.
The once odds-on favorite Spencer Strider has fallen off (and so has Atlanta’s pitching staff), which opens the door for multiple other candidates, including a starter who will be booking tee times in a couple of weeks.
Let’s take a look at our updated 2023 NL Cy Young Award predictions and best bets.
NL Cy Young Odds 2023
NL Cy Young MLB betting odds are current as of Friday, Sept. 15, and courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Blake Snell, San Diego Padres (-350)
- Justin Steele, Chicago Cubs (+200)
- Zac Gallen, Arizona Diamondbacks (+1600)
- Spencer Strider, Atlanta Braves (+6000)
- Zack Wheeler, Philadelphia Phillies (+7500)
- Logan Webb, San Francisco Giants (+10000)
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers (+10000)
The books are making the NL Cy Young a two-horse race.
Sportsbook Play of the Day
Go Full Caesar this season and cash in on their excellent new user promotion.
New sign-ups can and use promo code GAMEDAY1000 and get your first bet risk-free, up to $1,000.
You can read more about this welcome bonus in our Caesars Sportsbook review, or click "Get Bonus" below to activate the offer!
[toplist type="sport" state="" items="1" include="386"]
NL Cy Young Prediction 2023
Justin Steele, Chicago Cubs (+260)
FanDuel Sportsbook • WAGER: 1 Unit
The Cubs ace has the lowest HR/9 in the National League and is 0.006 points behind Blake Snell for the ERA title. The reason Steele is (should) be the choice is simple - the Cubs wouldn’t be in the playoff hunt without him.
The lefty’s consistency is uncanny, and his top-five pitching WAR in MLB indicates as much.
NL Cy Young Contenders 2023
Blake Snell, San Diego Padres (-350)
Snell has had a very good season, but his WAR is 1.1 points behind Steele, and 1.8 behind WAR leader Zack Wheeler.
His 5.01 BB/9 is enough to remove him from winning the award because he has depended on an MLB-best 85.3 Left On Base percentage (LOB%). If that number is even 2% lower, he is not in the conversation for Cy Young.
Zac Gallen, Arizona Diamondbacks (+10000)
FanDuel Sportsbook • WAGER: 0.1 Units
Gallen has pitched better on the road, but his season-long home/road splits is probably what takes him out of contention. That said, this number is egregious and worth a sprinkle.
See the latest MLB futures odds and picks
- World Series Predictions & Odds
- AL Pennant & Division Predictions & Odds
- AL MVP Predictions & Odds
- AL Cy Young Predictions & Odds
- AL Rookie of the Year Predictions & Odds
- NL Pennant & Division Predictions & Odds
- NL MVP Predictions & Odds
- NL Rookie of the Year Predictions & Odds