It’s NBA All-Star season, which means the league’s brightest stars will be on display at the 2022 NBA All-Star Game on February 20 in Cleveland, OH. For the second year in a row, Kevin Durant and LeBron James will lead their respective All-Star squads against each other.
Unlike other All-Star games, the action really heats up during the NBA’s annual event, especially late in the game. That makes the fourth quarter must-watch TV, and betting on the game means you can cash in when either team wins.
Looking to bet on the game but aren’t sure what the format is? Didn’t follow the live draft or haven’t had time to check in on the rosters? We’re here to help with our NBA All-Star Game predictions and best bets.
All NBA All-Star Game odds are courtesy of FanDuel Sportsbook as of 1 p.m. ET on Feb. 15, 2022.
NBA All-Star Game Bets to Consider
- Team LeBron is a -255 moneyline favorite over Team Durant (+210), meaning a moneyline bet of $255 is required to profit $100.
- Conversely, a Team Durant bettor would turn a $210 profit on a $100 wager.
- The Over/Under is set at 318.5 (-110), meaning an Over or Under bet would require a $110 bet to win a $100 profit.
- The same is true of the spread (-110), which is currently set at -5.5 points in favor of Team LeBron.
Basketball Betting Play of the Day
Slam home your basketball bets with BetMGM’s welcome offer: New BetMGM Sportsbook customers can bet $10 to win $200 in free bets.
Make a $10 moneyline bet on any game. If either team makes a three-point basket, you’ll win!
🏀 NBA Bet $10, Win $200: .
Read Anthony Cervino’s hands-on BetMGM Sportsbook review to learn more.
🤔 Want a different BetMGM welcome offer? New users can instead get up to $1,000 risk-free with code GAMEDAY. 👇
Where Is the NBA All-Star Game?
The 2022 NBA All-Star Game will be played at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, OH, at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 20. This marks the third time that Cleveland is hosting the NBA All-Star Game and the first time since 1997.
Team LeBron vs Team Durant
Both All-Star Game teams were chosen via the All-Star Draft on Feb. 10. The team captains were the two players with the most fan votes (Durant and James), who then drafted their teams from the pool of All-Star players voted in by the fans.
- Kevin Durant, F, Brooklyn Nets (Injured, will not play)
- *Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
- *Ja Morant, G, Memphis Grizzlies
- *Jayson Tatum, F, Boston Celtics
- *Andrew Wiggins, F, Golden State Warriors
- *Trae Young, G, Atlanta Hawks
- LaMelo Ball, G, Charlotte Hornets
- Devin Booker, G, Phoenix Suns
- Rudy Gobert, C, Utah Jazz
- Draymond Green, F, Golden State Warriors (Injured, will not play)
- Zach LaVine, G-F, Chicago Bulls
- Khris Middleton, G-F, Milwaukee Bucks
- Dejounte Murray, G, San Antonio Spurs
- Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Minnesota Timberwolves
- *LeBron James, F, Los Angeles Lakers
- *Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks
- *Stephen Curry, G, Golden State Warriors
- *DeMar DeRozan, G-F, Chicago Bulls
- *Nikola Jokic, C, Denver Nuggets
- Jarrett Allen, C, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jimmy Butler, F, Miami Heat
- Luka Doncic, G, Dallas Mavericks
- Darius Garland, G, Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden, G, Philadelphia 76ers (Injured, will not play)
- Donovan Mitchell, G, Utah Jazz
- Chris Paul, G, Phoenix Suns
- Fred VanVleet, G, Toronto Raptors
NBA All-Star Game Prediction
Each team’s roster is loaded, as is customary for an All-Star Game, but Team LeBron features four former NBA MVPs in its starting lineup. The Team LeBron bench is undersized due to being guard-heavy, but should be able to compensate with strong ball distribution and scoring.
Team Durant is stacked with size and is a better defensive team, which could matter if the game is close going into the fourth quarter since the final frame is untimed. Even so, expect Team LeBron to win this game fairly easily.
NBA All-Star Game Score Pick
Team LeBron 164, Team Durant 157
Team LeBron took down Team Durant, 170-150, in last year’s game. With a limitless supply of scoring options at Team LeBron’s disposal and Durant being sidelined, Team LeBron should prevail by a comfortable margin once again.
Check out more of our NBA All-Star Weekend Predictions
NBA All-Star Game Best Bets
Best Bet: Over 318.5 Total Points (-110) at FanDuel
Five of the past seven All-Star games have gone over this number, including last year’s 320-point explosion. The format also lends itself to extra offense since players are saving their defensive energy during the first three quarters and the winning team is guaranteed to score at least 24 fourth-quarter points.
Take the Over and cash in for our NBA bet of the day.
Best Bet: Team LeBron -5.5 (-110) at FanDuel
As mentioned above, Team LeBron is the more talented and healthier team at the moment. With a ton of star power even by All-Star Game standards, they shouldn’t have too much trouble covering the spread here after winning by 20 points in last year’s game.