Ohio Sportsbook Promos & Bonuses
Your Guide to the Best Ohio Sportsbook Promos
Check out the best Ohio sportsbook promos and bonus codes available from sports betting sites in the state.
Sports betting is finally live in Ohio as of January 1, 2023. Ohio bettors will be excited to know that they’ll have an assortment of options to choose from when placing an online wager.
This means that there will be multiple signup bonuses available. These new-player offers are terrific ways to build your bankroll, as you’re supplied with bet credits through first-deposit matches and risk-free bets.
It’s important to secure these promos when signing up for an Ohio betting site. You’ll find an in-depth explanation about OH sportsbook promos throughout this article.
Are Ohio Sportsbook Promos Worth It?
Ohio sportsbook promos are worth it because they put you in a better position to succeed in your sports betting venture. Let’s dive in to explore some of the benefits provided by these welcome bonuses.
- Bet credits are free and can be used to build your bankroll.
- Test out an unfamiliar betting market with bet credits.
- Take a shot on a longshot parlay because this isn’t your money.
- Feel at ease placing a wager without incurring financial risk.
Best OH Sports Betting Sites With Signup Bonuses
DraftKings Sportsbook started off as a popular daily fantasy sports platform before evolving into one of the most successful sportsbooks in the industry. It is now one of the first operators to enter new markets, demonstrating its status as a leader in the sports betting space.
The sportsbook features a user-friendly app that enhances the betting experience. There are multiple bet types among their expansive selection of betting markets, including several player props and futures bets that you may not find at most other sites.
They are currently offering Ohio bettors with a “Bet $5, Get $200" signup bonus. Simply enter promo code OHGAMEDAY, place a $5 wager on any market, and you’ll get $200 in bonuses, it doesn’t matter if your bet wins or loses!
FanDuel Sportsbook is another site that expanded its operations from a daily fantasy sports provider to sports betting leader with the creation of its sportsbook in 2018. The site features everything you can ask for as a sports bettor, from fair odds to useful promos.
The sportsbook created Same Game Parlays, a popular bet type that enables you to combine multiple bet types from a single game. This is a great way to shoot for the moon for a higher payout. It goes perfectly with the site since there are so many player and game props available to include in your parlay.
Ohio players will receive a “Bet $5, Get $200" welcome bonus. All you need to do is place a bet of at least $5 and you’ll receive $200 in bonuses. It can be on any sport and your bet does not even have to win for you to reap the benefits!
Caesars Sportsbook was created in 2018, but it blew up as a betting site following the acquisition of popular U.K.-based sportsbook William Hill in 2021. The site has become one of the go-to options for sports bettors.
You’ll find some of the most lucrative welcome bonuses at Caesars. There are also several odds boosts to add value to your wagers. Let’s not forget the rewards system which can be redeemed at Caesars properties, an added benefit that isn’t available at most other sites.
Caesars is providing Ohio bettors with bonuses up to $1,500 when you enter promo code GAMEDAY1BET. If your first wager loses, you’ll get refunded up to $1,500. This gives you a terrific opportunity to become profitable on the platform.
BetMGM Sportsbook emerged when casino resort giant MGM Resorts and Entain Holdings formed a partnership. MGM is a reputable brand throughout the gaming industry, putting your mind at ease when depositing money into the account.
The site features useful promos such as odds boosts as well as a detailed live-betting platform that includes live-streaming of selected events. It’s got a sleek interface, which really enhances the betting experience due to its accessibility and convenience.
BetMGM is providing Ohio users with Bet Insurance up to $1,000 as a signup bonus. If your initial wager loses, it is matched in bonuses up to $1,000. Take advantage of this generous offer today!
Betfred Sportsbook was an established brand in the U.K. before venturing to the United States in 2020. They continue to grow within the American market and have partnered with the Cincinnati Bengals in time for the launch of OH sports betting.
This is a user-friendly platform that features a number of promos and bet types to keep you feeling satisfied. They offer competitive odds compared to the rest of the market, giving you good value on your potential wagers.
Betfred has a “Bet $50, Get $111" signup bonus, where you also receive up to $1,000 in bonuses! Once you place your $50 wager, you’ll get $111 in bonuses. After that, you’ll get 50% of your losses for the first five weeks at up to $200 per week, totalling $1,000 as the maximum.
Superbook Sportsbook has been serving users since 1993, making them a veteran in this industry. You can feel at ease putting your money into such a reputable and experienced brand.
They’ve got a comprehensive selection of betting markets, giving you an assortment of wager types at your disposal. Their organized layout makes the website accessible, easy to find your preferred market.
Superbook has one of the best welcome bonuses in the industry, offering users a deposit bonus up to $1,000. This means that your initial deposit is matched, capped at $1,000.
Tipico Sportsbook started off in Germany but has ventured into the U.S. They are a reputable brand with a user-friendly platform that enhances the sports betting experience.
You’ll find several useful promotions here, such as odds boosts. There’s also a helpful signup bonus that can get you off to a strong start in sports betting.
Tipico is giving Ohio users a 125% deposit bonus up to $250. This means that if you put in $200 as your first deposit, you’ll receive $250 in bonuses. Most deposit bonuses are at 100%, so this is a terrific offer.
OH Sportsbook Promo Code vs. Bonus Code
When registering for an account at an OH betting site, you’ll notice that the terms promo and bonus code are used interchangeably.
These two terms have the same meaning, so it’s not like you need to get separate codes for a bonus or promo. One code will unlock the welcome bonus for the sportsbook you’ve chosen.
Do You Need An Ohio Promo Code?
Welcome bonuses can either be accessed through one of our “Get Bonus" links or promo codes at The Game Day.
The link or promo code will take you to the sportsbook’s landing page, where you can then input your information to create your account and unlock your signup bonus.
You’ll never have to worry about finding a promo code because everything that you need is here for you.
Best Ohio Sports Betting Promos
OH Sports Betting Deposit Match
Deposit matches are when sportsbooks match your first deposit up to a maximum amount, which usually ranges from $250 to $1,000 across the industry.
For example, if your site’s deposit match is up to $1,000 and you deposit $500, you’ll receive $500 in bet credits. If your deposit exceeds the maximum match, you will still get back $1,000.
Deposit matches can either be the full amount or provided in denominations. For example, you might get a 20 percent first-deposit match up to $1,000 as an alternative offer. In this case, you’d need to deposit $5,000 to get $1,000 in free bets.
OH Sports Betting Bet Insurance
Bet insurance refers to offers where betting sites refund your first bet if it loses. These bonuses are capped at certain amounts, varying from $250 and $1,500.
Let’s say that your bet insurance is up to $1,000. If your first bet is $1,000 and it wins, you’ll receive your winnings as any regular wager. If it loses, you’ll get back $1,000 in bet credits.
The refund can vary across sites. You might get your risk-free bet back as one $1,000 free bet in the example listed above, or it could be provided in denominations, such as five separate $200 bets.
OH Sports Betting Bet & Get
Bet & Get lives up to its name — all you need to do is place a bet on an assigned market and you’ll get back bet credits. These offers are usually provided not only to attract new users but also to direct them towards specific betting markets during marquee sporting events.
You might see an example of a Bet & Get as “Bet $25 on March Madness, get $100 in bet credits."
This is a great way to build your bankroll because all it requires is participation. You don’t even need to win your bet.
OH Sports Betting No-Deposit Bonus
No-deposit bonuses are helpful to new sports bettors because they provide bet credits without requiring a deposit. This means that you can use it as a trial run to decide if you’d like to deposit funds into the betting site.
It’s also a great way to test out a new betting market that you haven’t tried in the past since you aren’t using your own money.
No-deposit bonuses are provided in smaller figures, usually ranging from $5 to $20.
How To Pick the Best OH Sportsbook Promos
Be sure to establish criteria on what to look for in an OH sportsbook promo. You’ll find a useful list below.
- Type of Bonus: While each welcome bonus is useful, some are better than others. First-deposit matches are at the top of the list because you’ll receive bet credits just for depositing funds, regardless of whether your first bet loses. Bet insurance is next because they’re insured up to a large figure, the only issue is that you only get the bonus if your first bet loses. Both offers are great but prioritize deposit matches.
- Size of Bonus: Even though every bonus is capped, you want to choose the one with the highest maximum. This is because if you’re able to max out the offer, it’s a terrific way to really build up your bankroll. It’s also preferred if your bonus is fully matched as opposed to only a percentage. To sum it up, the more bet credits that you get, the better the offer.
- Odds Restrictions: Always check the terms and conditions so that you’re fully aware of the stipulations within the offer. One of those could be odds restrictions, which limit your odds to (-200) or greater, preventing you from just using your bet credits or first bet on a massive favorite. Be sure to use your first bet on these types of odds, otherwise, it won’t qualify for the bonus.
- Wagering Requirements: There are also wagering requirements for each offer, which means that you can’t just withdraw your bet credits immediately upon receiving them. These requirements often range from 1x to 5x your original deposit. This means that you need to bet a cumulative figure that amounts to or exceeds your first deposit.
- Expiration Dates: If you don’t use your bet credits, you are going to lose them, as they expire after a certain timeframe. Be sure to maintain an active account because you don’t want to throw away your bet credits. The longer the expiration date, the better the bonus for you, since you have more time to spread out your free bets.
How To Use Ohio Sportsbook Bonuses
In order to optimize your Ohio Sportsbook bonuses, you need to treat your bet credits as if they were your own money. Research your bet in the same process that you would if you were spending $100 of your hard-earned cash.
Don’t just throw away your bet credits on longshots to try to hit a home run. Be prudent with your selections.
Diversify your bet types. Parlays are harder to win, so you don’t want to only include these types of bets. You want to mix in parlays at lower stakes with straight bets at higher stakes since these are safer wagers.
Think of your straight bets as insurance for your parlays because most of the time, you’re going to lose since you need to hit multiple bets to win a parlay.
If you want to test out a new betting market with your bonus, stick to a small amount because this will be riskier than a sport that you know well.
Allocate most of your bet credits towards your preferred betting market, since you have a greater chance at winning money while wagering on a sport that you follow closely.
Do OH Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions or Limitations?
There are restrictions and limitations that come with welcome bonuses. Check them out below.
- Restricted to Certain Bets: You’ll usually see that you can only use your risk-free bet on straight bets. There are also odds restrictions that are (-200) or greater. Check to see your site’s playthrough requirements before you can withdraw your bonus. There are sometimes odds restrictions on bets that are eligible to be included in your cumulative figure within these requirements.
- Limited a Certain Amount: Your new-player offer is capped at a certain amount, usually ranging from $250 to $1,500. Some sites match your first deposit in full amount, while others offer percentages. The same goes for risk-free bets, where some sportsbooks refund as one bet and others allow you to use the bet credits at your own discretion.
- Wagering Requirements: Most offers have wagering requirements, which are the number of bets you need to make before your bet credits are withdrawable. If your bonus is non-withdrawable, there won’t be any wagering requirements. You can track your progress by accessing your account information.
- Expiration Date: Be sure to stay on top of the expiration dates. You don’t want to lose your bet credits due to inactivity, as each site removes them after a certain timeframe.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Wagering requirements are the cumulative figure that you need to play through before you are able to withdraw your bet credits.
For example, you might need to play through your original deposit five times. This means that if you deposited $1,000 on a first-deposit match of $1,000, you’ll need to make $5,000 worth of bets in order to withdraw the bet credits.
There are also odds restrictions that limit which bets are eligible to be included within your cumulative amount.
For example, one site might limit you to bets that have odds of (-200) or greater, which prevents you from betting on heavy favorites.
You also may be required to only make straight bets, as parlays may not count towards your playthrough requirements.
You’ll be able to keep track of your progress at your betting account.
Bonus Credits vs OH No-Deposit Bonuses
Bonus credits can either be provided as loyalty rewards to long-time users or to entice players to place wagers on a major sporting event. For example, you might get a $10 bonus if you’ve been active at a sportsbook for a while. You could also be provided with $25 in bet credits that can only be used on March Madness.
No-deposit bonuses are given to new users as a welcome offer, often alongside a more lucrative bonus like a first-deposit match or bet insurance.
While no-deposit bonuses are lower figures, they are still great to use as a trial run for a sportsbook. This is because you get bet credits without even putting money into your account. All you need to do is sign up at a betting site.
Be sure to take advantage of both types of promos because they can help you succeed in sports betting.
Look for More Than One Ohio Sportsbook Promo
You’ll want to take advantage of more than one Ohio sportsbook bonus. This is because you can rack up bet credits by signing up for more than one betting site. You are also able to compare lines across sportsbooks, which is a great way of finding value in your bets.
At the same time, it’s a good idea to max out the bonus because these are one-time offers. Once they are used once, you are unable to receive any future bonus.
I could deposit $250 into one site and get $250 in my first-deposit match. After I’ve met my wagering requirements, I could withdraw $250 of that money and deposit it into a new sportsbook, taking advantage of their first-deposit match. In this case, I would have racked up $500 in bet credits. This is a great way to build your bankroll.
Signing up for more than one sportsbook puts you on the right track to be successful in your sports betting venture.