The Los Angeles Rams (0-1) will host the Atlanta Falcons (0-1) this Sunday at SoFI Stadium in Inglewood, Calif.
Atlanta nearly pulled out an opening-week victory over the New Orleans Saints before relinquishing a 16-point lead in the fourth quarter. But, unfortunately, things will not get any easier in Week 2 against the defending Super Bowl champions, who are fresh off a lopsided 31-10 defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills.
Who will walk away with their first win of the season in this Week 2 showdown? First, let’s look at current betting lines to identify best bets and props while making a game prediction for the Falcons vs Rams.
Falcons vs Rams Odds
The Rams are a massive 9.5-point favorite at home versus the Falcons. The spread is the largest among sportsbooks for Week 2 and comes with a middle-of-the-road game total of 46.5 points.
Take a look at the best Falcons odds and Rams odds for the 2022 NFL season.
Falcons vs Rams Implied Score
Rams 28, Falcons 18.5
After a poor showing against the Bills on the road in Week 1, sportsbooks expect a one-sided beating in the Rams’ favor on Sunday.
Falcons vs Rams Pick of the Day
Read more on this Falcons vs Rams bet below.
Falcons vs Rams Matchup
- The Rams will be without center Brian Allen due to a knee injury.
- The Falcons’ biggest weakness is their interior offensive line. Expect Aaron Donald to dominate.
- Marcus Mariota and Cordarrelle Patterson combined for 192 rushing yards in Week 1 vs the Saints. Expect a repeat.
- Atlanta allowed the fourth-most yards per play in Week 1 (6.8).
Falcons vs Rams Prediction
Rams 30, Falcons 13
Matthew Stafford had arguably his worst performance as a Rams in Week 1, going 29-for-41 for 213 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. The Bills’ defense smothered the 34-year-old and were able to hold Los Angeles scoreless in the second half.
I expect to see a very different Stafford on Sunday against a Falcons secondary that allowed 269 yards and two touchdowns to Jameis Winston and the Saints last week. Atlanta, who are likely in the mix for the top pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, will have no answer for Cooper Kupp in what should be a blowout loss for the Falcons.
The Rams averaged 27.0 points per game in 2021, and we should see a closer representation of that this weekend. Expect a statement performance from Sean McVay and the Rams on Sunday.
Falcons vs Rams Bet Tips
- The Over has hit in seven of the Rams’ last nine matchups against the Falcons.
- However, the Under has hit in four of Atlanta’s last six away games.
- Atlanta is 5-2 during their last seven matchups against the Rams.
- If looking for a reason to bet the heavy spread on the Rams, history will do you no favors as Los Angeles is 2-5 ATS in their last seven contests.
- Atlanta is 5-3 over the last three seasons in games where they led by 15 points in the 4th quarter. All other NFL teams are 244-2-1 when leading by 15-plus in the 4th.
Falcons vs Rams Best Bets
Rams Cover -9.5 (-118) at FanDuel Sportsbook
WAGER: 1 Unit
Let’s start by acknowledging that 9.5 points is a massive spread in the NFL.
That said, I doubt it will scare off many bettors. The Rams will win by at least two touchdowns, and unless the spread jumps to an absurd 13.5, I will happily roll with Los Angeles to win and win big.
Before placing this bet, get the best Rams promo codes.
Falcons vs Rams Props
Team To Score First: Rams (-172) at FanDuel Sportsbook
WAGER: 1 Unit
I expect McVay and the Rams will come out of the gates on fire against the Falcons. This should result in a quick score to set the tempo against the Falcons.
Falcons vs Rams Parlays
Rams -9.5 and Under 46.5 Points (+255) at FanDuel Sportsbook
WAGER: 1 Unit
As mentioned above, I expect a statement game from the Rams in Week 2. This includes both the offense and defense.
The Over may have hit in seven of the previous nine games between these two teams, but I do not anticipate a strong showing from the Falcons - even during garbage time.
The Rams will announce their presence with authority on Sunday and play hard for all four quarters in front of their home fans.