The World Cup is the most popular sporting event in the world. It’s a battle of 32 of the top soccer nations across the globe, competing for glory every four years. From games that mirror fast-paced thrill rides to shocking upsets that will have you on the edge of your seat, this tournament has it all.
This year is a bit different, as the competition will be held from November 21st to December 18th. Usually, it happens in the early summer, but the change in time is because of its location. Qatar is the host of the 2022 World Cup and FIFA opted to have it take place in the winter due to extreme temperatures during the summer months.
Due to its popularity, it’s no surprise that the tournament is a big hit among sports bettors. That means it’s a great time to dive in to find the best World Cup betting sites. We’ll scour through the top sportsbooks on the market to find the optimal spot for you to place your wagers. Let’s dive in.
Benefits of Betting on the World Cup Online
Be sure to take advantage of the many perks that betting online has to offer, such as:
- You can place your wagers on your personal electronic devices, such as desktops, laptops, or cellphones.
- There are numerous welcome bonuses and promotions that add bet credits to your balance.
- Betting online is the most efficient method, as you’ll have quick access to new information and line movement.
- Customer support is easily accessible and available on several platforms like live chat and e-mail.
- There are options for in-game wagers through expansive live-betting platforms that update odds in real time.
- You’re able to accumulate points through the VIP Rewards System, which can be redeemed for cool perks.
Best World Cup Betting Sites
Here are some of the best World Cup betting sites available:
Caesars Sportsbook has become one of the leaders in the industry following the acquisition of the popular European sportsbook William Hill in 2021. It’s a reputable operator where you can feel at ease depositing funds into your account.
The platform features among the most lucrative welcome bonuses in the iGaming space. You’ll also be entitled to a robust loyalty rewards program, where earned points can be used for hotel accommodations and fine dining at Caesars’ properties.
Be sure to take advantage of these perks at Caesars today.
BetMGM Sportsbook was created when casino resort giant MGM and sports betting company Entain Holdings partnered to develop a platform that is among the best in the country.
You’ll find a detailed live-betting platform that features live streaming on selected events, which is great because you’re able to enjoy your wager in real-time while scanning the latest in-game odds.
There are also numerous odds boosts that add value to your wagers.
FanDuel Sportsbook is renowned as the most popular operator in the United States. It features a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for both beginners and experienced players to navigate the website or app.
The site created Same Game Parlays, which have spread like wildfire throughout the industry, as players can combine multiple outcomes from one contest for higher payouts.
This bet type works well with the World Cup, as there are so many bet types to choose from.
DraftKings Sportsbook began as a daily fantasy sports operator before expanding to include a sportsbook, which is now one of the first platforms to emerge in new markets, demonstrating its success across the United States.
You’ll find a comprehensive selection of bet types at DraftKings, including multiple player and futures props available. This is great for the World Cup because you have a ton of options.
If you’re placing a wager on the World Cup this year, be sure to include DraftKings.
bet365 Sportsbook is an operator available throughout the world, making it a great choice for World Cup betting because of its massive selection of soccer bets.
You’ll be able to create Same Game Parlays of several bet types on any game that you like. This includes traditional marks like moneyline and totals as well as props like Anytime Goalscorer.
The live-betting section is among the best around, as you can bet on props and even parlay some in-game selections. There are even odds boosts that add value to your wagers.
Unibet Sportsbook is an international operator that has more of a foothold in the European market, but that makes it a great choice for World Cup bets, as soccer is one of its specialties.
You’ll find an odds boosts section that is virtually unmatched across the industry. This is great to take advantage of the enhanced moneylines to give you more potential winnings.
There are also a ton of bet types at Unibet, so be sure to give it a try for your World Cup wagers.
How To Pick the Best World Cup Betting Sites
When making your selection, be sure to look out for these factors:
- Welcome Bonus: You want a site with a lucrative welcome bonus. First-deposit matches are best because you get the bet credits in your account without having to lose your first bet, as you would in risk-free bets. The higher the maximum, the better the offer.
- Wagering Requirements: Each bonus has a wagering requirement with a multiplier of 1x to about 8x, depending on the site. This refers to the number of times you need to play through your initial deposit before being able to withdraw. The lower the multiplier, the better the bonus.
- Promotions: Valuable promos like odds boosts and parlay insurance add value to your bets and put you in a better position to succeed.
- Bet Types: You want several bet types for the World Cup, including the option to create Same Game Parlays that feature player props. The more choices that you have, the better the experience.
- User Experience: The information should be presented in an organized layout and the app needs to function at a high level. You don’t want to have to deal with technical issues like lagging or crashing.
- Payment Process: There should be multiple banking methods to make payment a convenient process for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer Support: You should be able to find assistance easily through various platforms, like live chat, email, and more.
- Odds: The site’s odds should be fairly priced in accordance with the betting markets.
Best World Cup Bets You Can Make
Check out this list of best World Cup Bets along with a description of each type below.
- Full-Time Result: There are three options: Team A, Team B, or a draw after full-time (90 minutes). Each selection has plus (+) or minus (-) odds, depending on the implied probability. If it’s a tournament match, you’ll also have the option on selecting the team to win. This bet includes Extra Time.
- Asian Handicap: This functions like a point spread, where your team must win by the assigned winning margin if you take the favorite. If you take the underdog, your team can lose by fewer than that or win outright. Asian Handicap also has fractional spreads, where you can get half of your money back if it ends in a draw. For example, if I took Brazil -0.25, I would win the full amount if they won but lose only half if they tied.
- Totals: Each game is assigned a total, where you bet Over or Under on the combined score. You can also place a wager on the first or second half totals. There are even bets based on each team, where you can pick whether they’d score more or less than the projected number.
- Parlays: Combine two or more bet types for higher payouts. You need each leg to hit in order to win your bet. The payout varies based on the odds of each wager and the number of selections. There are single-game options for this too, where you can include player props from the same match. Some sites even allow you to parlay props from multiple games.
- Props: These are player or team-based outcomes. You can bet Over/Under on the projected prop, or it will have a moneyline of plus or minus odds. For example, you could take the Over on Total Shots on Target or bet on a player to be the First Goalscorer.
- Both Teams to Score: This is one of the more popular props, where you select “Yes" or “No" on both teams to score at least one goal. It can be used as an alternative to betting Over or Under the game total.
- Anytime Goalscorer: Another of the most commonly selected props. You choose a player to score a goal at any time of the match. You’re also able to pick the first or next goalscorer. Each player has minus or plus odds, depending on the likelihood.
Live Betting on the World Cup
Live betting can be a valuable tool while placing a wager on the World Cup. Find some of the best ways to target this bet type below.
- Favorites: It’s not a good idea to pay heavy juice on inflated moneylines, so if you like a favorite, it may be a good idea to wait it out and place a live bet. For example, if Argentina was -250 to win pre-game, but it’s now 0-0 with 20 minutes left, they’ll have reduced odds. You can take a shot at a lower price this way.
- Totals: You can find a better number depending on what’s happening in the match. For example, a pre-game total could be 2.5, but after an early goal, it may be bumped up to 3.5. If you like the Under, this would be a great time to pounce. The opposite works for the Over — if there hasn’t been a goal at halftime, you can get a reduced number.
- Props: Some sites provide you with the option to make live bets on player props. You can also find value this way. Let’s say that you’re watching the game and Neymar is playing great, getting a ton of scoring chances. This could be a good opportunity for you to place a live bet on him to be the Next Goalscorer.
- Underdogs: Imagine you liked an underdog to win the match, but you didn’t feel confident enough to place a pre-game wager. However, after watching the first half, you saw that this team was putting up a strong fight. You now feel more comfortable taking them to win, so you can place a live bet at similar odds, as long as the game is still tied.
Betting Site Offers to Keep in Mind
There are tons of betting site offers to keep in mind when choosing your sportsbook. Below you’ll find a description of each type.
No Deposit Bonus/Free Bet
No-Deposit Bonus is provided as a smaller amount of bet credits ($5-$20) to allow new users to test out the sportsbook before making their initial deposit.
Free Bets can be provided to generate interest in a marquee sporting event, like the World Cup. They are also given out to reward users who have maintained an active account. They are also usually between $5 and $20.
First-Deposit Bonus is when a sportsbook matches a user’s initial deposit up to a maximum amount, usually of at least $100. This doubles their balance with bet credits that can be used to generate more profit.
Each sportsbook has different terms and conditions within this offer. Most are 100% bonuses, but some ask that you play through the deposit a number of times before the bet credits can be used. Others allow you to use them right away, but you must meet the wagering requirements before they are withdrawable. The multiplier for this stipulation often ranges from 1x to 8x.
For example, if I deposit $200 on a 1x First-Deposit Bonus up to $200, I would have $400 in my balance. I’d be required to place $200 in cumulative wagers before my balance is fully withdrawable.
Risk-Free Bet is when your first bet is reimbursed if it loses. This is capped at varying figures, usually between $500 and $1,000. You won’t have as much risk with this offer because you’ll get back bet credits if your initial wager loses.
The way that the bet credits are distributed is different among sportsbooks. Some provide it as one free bet that is the same as your first wager. Others provide it in smaller denominations. The best form of this bonus is the one that allows you to use the bet credits to your own preference.
Here’s what it could look like on a Risk-Free Bet that refunds $1,000:
One $1,000 Bet
Five $200 Bets
Four $250 Bets
$1,000 in Bet Credits that can be wagered in any denomination
Bet & Get
Bet & Get is when the user receives credits just for participating in a betting market. It can be provided as a welcome bonus or to generate action on a specific sport, like the World Cup.
Here’s an example:
“Bet $25+ on the World Cup, Get $50 in Bet Credits."
Where Can I Legally Bet on the World Cup Online?
You can place a legal bet on the World Cup online in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Why You Should Avoid Illegal Betting Sites
Be sure to avoid illegal betting sites for the following reason:
- Odds: Inflated prices that don’t match the rest of the market.
- Payment: Fewer options, longer withdrawal times, and often pushed towards cryptocurrencies.
- Illegal: Since it’s illegal, it’s a more shady process. Your withdrawal shows up as a masked identity on your bank statement.
- Promos: There are fewer promos with limited welcome bonuses at offshore sites.
- Support: Customer support is often hard to reach and available on fewer platforms.
- Bet Types: You won’t find as many bet types on illegal sportsbooks.
- Apps: They usually don’t have a mobile app, making it inconvenient to place a wager on your cellphone.
- Functionality: Your bet may take longer to settle and the site is more prone to lagging.
Choose More Than One World Cup Betting Site
Remember that you should definitely choose more than one World Cup betting site. Here are some reasons why:
- Welcome Bonus: Joining multiple sites allows you to rack up bet credits from more than one welcome bonus across the industry. Get the first-deposit bonus on one site while using your risk-free bet at another operator. This sets you up nicely for a successful sports betting experience.
- Odds Shopping: Use our Odds Comparison Tool to find the best lines, then place the wager at that site. You can get the best bang for your buck this way. Using only one site removes this advantage.
- Odds Boosts: Some sportsbooks have odds boosts on different events. Using multiple operators allows you to get each of these promos. For example, France may be boosted from -150 to +100 on one site, while England could move from -140 to +120 on another.
- Trying Different Sites: Some operators excel in one area but need improvement in others. Using more than one allows you to get a complete sports betting experience by targeting the strengths of each site. For example, one site may be great for live betting, another is best for its welcome bonus, and a third could have the best selection of props.