Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Week 27: Top MLB Pickups This Weekend
Here is The Game Day’s Week 27 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Top Free-Agent Pickups. Set these key Week 27 MLB Pickups for your waiver wire list this weekend.
Week 27 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire
Week 27 Best Fantasy Baseball Pickups
- Bobby Dalbec, 1B/3B, Boston Rex Sox (49% rostered in Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Leagues)
- Jarred Kelenic, OF, Seattle Mariners (47%)
- Austin Hays, OF, Baltimore Orioles (46%)
- Enrique Hernandez, 2B/SS/OF, Boston Red Sox (44%)
- Dylan Floro, RP, Miami Marlins (44%)
- Logan Gilbert, SP, Seattle Mariners (44%)
- Gavin Lux, 2B/SS/OF, Los Angeles Dodgers (42%)
- Joe Ryan, SP, Minnesota Twins (36%)
- Daulton Varsho, C/OF, Arizona Diamondbacks (32%)
- Chris Stratton, SP/RP, Pittsburgh Pirates (30%)
- Evan Longoria, 3B, San Francisco Giants (29%)
- Joe Barlow, RP, Texas Rangers (27%)
- Brendan Rodgers, 2B/SS, Colorado Rockies (27%)
- Shane Baz, SP, Tampa Bay Rays (25%)
- Drew Steckenrider, RP, Seattle Mariners (25%)
- LaMonte Wade Jr., 1B/OF, San Francisco Giants (15%)
- Keibert Ruiz, C, Washington Nationals (12%)
- Tyler Clippard, SP/RP, Arizona Diamondbacks (12%)
- Leody Taveras, OF, Texas Rangers (10%)
DFS Play of the Week
Before checking out our fantasy baseball waiver wire, consider signing up at PrizePicks! PrizePicks is a user-friendly platform that features a wide array of games, easy-to-understand contest formats and an excellent first deposit match of up to $100 when you use the code GAMEDAY to sign up.
Read Juan Carlos Blanco’s PrizePicks review for more insight and fantasy football tips get your welcome bonus below, or continue reading our fantasy football tipster picks.
The Boston Red Sox are scheduled for six games during fantasy baseball championship week, and three are at hitter-friendly Oriole Park at Camden Yards against the lowly Baltimore Orioles. That’s excellent news for Bobby Dalbec and Enrique Hernandez.
According to FanGraphs, the O’s rank dead-last in team ERA (6.84) since August 1. However, it gets better, as the Red Sox have had the third-highest ERA (5.43) in that time.
Therefore, I’m not expecting them to slow Dalbec’s white-hot bat that’s amassed a .290/371/.639 slash with 13 homers and 40 RBIs in the second half. Hernandez is rounding back into form with a four-game hitting streak and a solid-if-unspectacular season overall.
Unfortunately, Jarred Kelenic’s rookie season hasn’t lived up to the hype. Thankfully, he’s closing the year on a high note, hitting .257 this month with 6 homers, 13 runs, 15 RBIs, and 3 stolen bases.
Kelenic’s teammate, Logan Gilbert, is on a roll this month as well. In four September starts totaling 22.1 innings, he’s twirled a 2.01 ERA, 0.94 WHIP, and 9.27 K/9.
Gilbert isn’t the only rookie righty shoving it down hitters’ throats this month, as Joe Ryan is downright filthy. Summoned for his big-league debut on September 1, Ryan’s come out of the chute hot, generating a 2.45 ERA, 3.17 SIERA, 0.59 WHIP, and 32.1 K% in four starts.
He projects for a two-start week against the Detroit Tigers and Kansas City Royals, so gamers should prioritize him above all featured starting pitchers in this piece.
I’m highlighting Shane Baz specifically for gamers who can add him before his Sunday start against the Miami Marlins. The highly-touted prospect was baptized by fire in his MLB debut, facing the Toronto Blue Jays.
He came out of the start unburned, holding them to two runs on a pair of solo homers with five strikeouts and zero walks in 5 innings.
Week 27 Best Fantasy Baseball Streamers
- Elieser Hernandez, SP/RP, Miami Marlins (42% rostered)
- Alex Cobb, SP, Los Angeles Angels (25%)
- Lorenzo Cain, OF, Milwaukee Brewers (22%)
- Jesus Sanchez, OF, Miami Marlins (20%)
- Brandon Nimmo, OF, New York Mets (20%)
- Yoshi Tsutsugo, 1B/3B/OF, Pittsburgh Pirates (10%)
- Bobby Bradley, 1B, Cleveland Indians (3%)
- Bradley Zimmer, OF, Cleveland Indians (2%)
Alex Cobb has been pitching brilliantly since his reinstatement from the injured list on September 16. Unfortunately, he’s backed by the lackluster offense of the Los Angeles Angels, reducing his odds at earning a win.
Jesus Sanchez showcased his power in Triple-A this year, slugging 10 homers in 155 plate appearances. He earned a promotion to the Miami Marlins, and his power has followed him to The Show, resulting in 13 homers in 226 plate appearances. He’ll get a lift from a seven-game week next week.
Yoshi Tsutsugo failed in stops with the Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers, but he’s rewarding the Pittsburgh Pirates’ faith in him. He’s smashed 8 homers in only 104 plate appearances with them while also sporting an average north of .300. He and the Bucs play seven games next week.
Thanks for reading our Week 27 Top Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Pickups! For more fantasy baseball advice, check out our Week 27 Fantasy Baseball Closer Updates and Fantasy Baseball Closer Rankings.