TwinSpires Review & App Experience
TwinSpires is one of the most reputable brands in horse racing betting. They offer everything you need with horse racing, including a user-friendly interface that caters to both experienced and novice players.
There is an expansive selection of betting markets along with valuable data and live-streaming options that really enhances the experience at TwinSpires. It's no surprise that TwinSpires is one of the leaders in horse racing betting.
Overview of TwinSpires Horse Racing App
Robust Betting Markets
Lucrative Welcome Bonus
Limited Customer Service Options
VIP Rewards are Top-Heavy
- Welcome Bonus9/10
- Mobile Experience10/10
- Payment Options10/10
- Overall Score9/10
TwinSpires Horse Racing App QUICK FACTS
AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MT, NE, NH, NM, NY, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
TwinSpires Horse Race Betting Hands-on Review
TwinSpires is one of the leading operators in the horse racing industry. The platform is owned by Churchill Downs, which has been offering horse racing betting since 1875 and is the home of the renowned Kentucky Derby. They’re as reputable of a brand as you’ll find in horse racing, providing online betting through TwinSpires since 2017.
Players are able to place wagers on a variety of horse races, including local and international Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse, and harness races. The website features insightful analysis from several experts to help guide you in your selection. There is even a database with past performance information from Brisnet data to make this an easier process.
The platform is easy to use with an organized layout and accessible interface. Experienced bettors will enjoy the comprehensive selection of horse races, while newcomers will appreciate the helpful advice provided throughout the website and app.
Is TwinSpires Horse Race Betting Legit?
Yes, TwinSpires is backed by Churchill Downs, hosts of the Kentucky Derby, making it a legitimate horse racing betting site.
Can You Win Real Money Playing at TwinSpires Horse Race Betting?
You can win real money playing at TwinSpires in states where betting on horse racing online is legal.
TwinSpires Signup Bonus
TwinSpires offers a lucrative welcome offer for new users, helping you get off to a strong start in your horse racing betting venture. You’ll receive a signup bonus of up to $200, which is a great way to build your bankroll. Find out more details below.
TwinSpires $200 Signup Bonus
The bonus is provided after you wager a certain amount of funds. The way it works is that for every $400 wagered, you will receive $100 in bonuses. In order to max out this offer, you’ll need to bet $800. These requirements must be fulfilled within 30 days of registration.
TwinSpires $10 Refer-a-Friend Offer
Whenever you refer a friend to TwinSpires, you’ll receive $10 in free bets once they’ve placed their first wager. Your friend will also get $10, so it’s a win-win for both parties! You can take advantage of this offer multiple times.
Keep an eye out for any promotions at TwinSpires because they’re added throughout the year. Each offer provides you with more value on your wagers. Below you’ll find a few examples of some of the promos currently available at TwinSpires. You will need to go to “Offers" and opt-in to take advantage of each promo.
You get your bet back if your horse finishes 2nd in an assigned race. It’s a good way to receive some bet credits after missing out on a close call.
There are currently three types of this promo: Scandinavian (races located in this region), International (across the world), and Midweek (any selected race in the middle of the week).
The maximum refund is $10 per race, regardless of the amount of your wager. Check in to see which races have been chosen for this promo.
Earn a 15% boost on a winning Trifecta bet every Tuesday with a maximum of $25.
If two of your chosen horses in an Exacta wager finish in the top three but in the incorrect winning order, you can get a bet back of up to $10. This offer applies to selected races.
Where is TwinSpires App Legal?
Unlike online sports betting, you’ll find more options for horse racing. Online platforms and mobile apps have supplanted traditional simulcasts and Off-Track Betting (OTB), formerly dominating the industry from 1990 to 2010.
The TwinSpires app and website are available in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Whether you’re an experienced player or a newcomer to horse racing, TwinSpires has several betting markets available. You’ll find dozens of races available to choose from each day, including multiple tracks across the world. There are thoroughbreds, quarter horses, or harness-style races.
You can select a horse to win, place, or show with relative ease. Other bet types include Doubles, Exactas, Trifectas, Pick-3, Superfecta, and Pick-5. You can even take “Win/Place/Show" bets, where your wager wins if any of those outcomes occur.
Betting on a horse race has never been easier, as TwinSpires allows you to make your preferred choice from various tracks across the globe. The vast selection of betting markets helps set it apart from the competition.
Below you’ll find a description of several of your betting options at TwinSpires:
- Win: Your horse needs to win the race
- Place: Choose a horse to finish in the top two
- Show: Top-3 finish for your horse
- Doubles: Two-leg parlay of two outright winners
- Exacta: Select the first and second-place horse
- Trifecta: Choose the top three horses in correct order
- Pick-3: Select the winner for three consecutive races
- Superfecta: Get the top four horses correct
- Pick-5: You need to choose the winner for five straight races
You can also combine win, place, and show for a safer bet but at lower payouts.
My TwinSpires App Experience
TwinSpires offers a user-friendly experience with its mobile app, available on both Android and iOS devices. The information is organized in an accessible way to make it easier to navigate.
You’ll find an expansive list of races to choose from, where you’re given the option to toggle between thoroughbred, quarter horse, and harness.
Once you choose your track, you’ll find detailed insights on the jockey, contenders, odds, and more. What’s even better about the app is that the layout is so customizable.
You’re able to switch between seven different menus: classic, basic, advanced, speed, class, pace, and tips. If you’re a beginner and want to keep it simple, you should choose classic or basic. If you want more information, go with advanced or tips. You can even see details about how fast the horses are in the speed and pace sections.
Horse racing betting can be overwhelming to newcomers, so it was great to see that TwinSpires was able to break apart information or layouts in different ways to cater to the bettor.
I was also happy to see that the app offered live streaming for the races. The best part about horse racing is watching your thoroughbred go to work as you sweat out your wager, so this was a terrific feature.
Overall, I was pleased with the mobile app, able to navigate it with ease and enjoy horse racing through its live streaming. There weren’t any technical issues that detracted from the experience.
Should You Bet at TwinSpires?
I would highly recommend choosing TwinSpires as your horse racing betting app because it has everything you need in a platform.
If you’re new to horse racing, it’ll be easy for you to learn about it through the site’s insightful analysis. You won’t have to worry about being overwhelmed with information because you can toggle the layout to make it more suitable to your needs.
Experienced players will enjoy the database of information that includes past performances from horses. It’s also great to be able to learn about each jockey and horse by switching through the “advanced" and “speed" layouts.
There are a plethora of betting markets to choose from at horse tracks across the world. You won’t have to wait for major races like The Kentucky Derby to have fun here, as there are always options available.
The welcome bonus can be lucrative and rewards you for being active, and earning more money just for placing wagers. It’s also great to have insurance on the promos offered for the various bet types available on the site.
You can feel safe and secure depositing your funds through their numerous banking methods at such a reputable brand that is run by Churchill Downs, creators of the Kentucky Derby.
Whether you’re dabbling in horse racing as a newcomer or looking for another profitable year as a veteran, you need to join TwinSpires today.
How To Join TwinSpires
Joining TwinSpires is an easy process, outlined below.
- Click one of our “Get Bonus" links
- Enter the promo code if required
- Input your information (name, address, and more)
- Deposit funds into your account
- Keep an active account to earn bonus funds from the welcome offer
- Place your bets!
You can feel comfortable putting money into your account because TwinSpires is a renowned brand in horse racing. Check out their payment methods below.
There are several ways to deposit funds into your TwinSpires account, such as:
- ACH Bank Transfer: Transfer funds from your bank account (checking, savings) using EZMoney at the cashier. First-time maximum is $1,000, after that it goes up to $2,000.
- Bill Pay: Choose your preferred bank and log in with your credentials. Deposit up to $500 per transaction using EZBank. Make sure that you have this feature enabled at your bank.
- MoneyGram: Deposit cash at a physical MoneyGram location. From there, it can be used to fund your TwinSpires account. There is a $3.95 fee per transaction. You are limited to $899 per deposit.
- Debit/Credit Card: Fund your account with your debit or credit card. You will be charged a $5 fee per deposit. The maximum is $500 on each deposit.
- Check: You can mail a personal or cashier’s check as well as a money order. Cashier’s checks and money orders fund your account on the same day they are received, but personal checks take five days to process. The maximum deposit is $10,000.
- Wire Transfer: Visit your bank and send a wire to TwinSpires. There is a $10 fee for deposits under $1,000, but no fee for those that exceed this number.
- Green Dot @ The Register: Print or save the bar code provided by TwinSpires. Visit a Green Dot in person, provide this bar code and make your deposit. There is a $4.95 fee and the maximum is $500 per transaction.
- PayPal: Log in to your PayPal eWallet and deposit up to $1,000 per day. There is a $5 service fee.
While there are fewer withdrawal methods, there is still plenty to make this a convenient process. You’ll find them listed below.
- ACH Bank Transfer: There is no fee for using this method, but it can only be used it you deposited this way as well.
- PayPal: Withdrawal sent to PayPal, where you can transfer to your bank account. There is a $1 fee. Can only withdraw here if this was the same method for deposit.
- Physical checks: Have a check mailed to you in up to 15 business days.
- In-person kiosks: Process your withdrawal over the phone or in-person at the following locations: Churchill Downs, Keeneland Racetrack, The Red Mile, Arlington Park, Fair Grounds Racecourse, Scioto Downs, and Emerald Downs.
TwinSpires offers a valuable rewards system, which provides you with 1 point per $1 bet at assigned tracks or 4 points per $1 bet at any Churchill Downs location.
You can rack up these points online or at physical racetracks, which can be redeemed for bet credits or more Brisnet data tools to help you on future wagers.
Since the TwinSpires reward program applies to TSC Elite VIP Program, you can get access to more perks by making $25,000 in cumulative wagers for the full year or $12,000 within the first three quarters. This grants you Bronze VIP status.
Here’s more on how it works:
- Bronze: $25,000 for year, $12,000 first three quarters
- Silver: Increases to $50,000 and $20,000
- Gold: Goes up to $100,000 and $40,000
- Platinum: You need to be invited, bet at least $250,000 for the year or $100,000 in first three quarters
These levels grant you free entries to races, invites to VIP events, additional Brisnet data, and concierge service for the Kentucky Derby if you’re at a Platinum level.
TwinSpires features a detailed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section to help guide you in your query. In addition to this, there are the following options:
- Live Chat: Talk to a representative available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Phone: Dial 1-877-SPIRES-1 (9:00 am to 12:00 am EST)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does TwinSpires Horse Race Betting Have An Online Sportsbook?
TwinSpires decided to put an end to their sportsbook in February 2021, at least for the time being. We could see them return to operations in the foreseeable future. If you are located in a state with legal sports betting, check out our top picks for online sportsbooks and take advantage of all the top bonus offers.