The U.S. Open is the final Grand Slam tournament of the tennis season. It is one of the oldest competitions in tennis, as this will be the 142nd edition, making it a prestigious event for the top players across the globe.
As the last major of the year, the U.S. Open is a terrific time to place some tennis wagers. With that in mind, let’s dive in to take a look at some of the best sites to bet on this tournament.
We’ll provide an in-depth overview of the best spot to place your U.S. Open wagers.
Benefits of Betting on the U.S. Open Online
Be sure to place your U.S. Open bets at an online sportsbook for the following reasons:
- Take advantage of lucrative welcome bonuses and useful promotions
- Quick access to information to help you research your selections
- The convenience of placing a bet from your personal electronic device
- Each site gets high functionality grades due to their user-friendly experience
- The customer support team is available on multiple platforms
- Place a live wager with a few clicks of a button while watching the match
- Enjoy live-streaming on selected events
Best U.S. Open Betting Sites
Check out the best U.S. Open betting sites below.
Caesars Sportsbook is a renowned operator that expanded following the purchase of popular European betting site William Hill in 2021. It’s a reputable brand where you can feel secure depositing funds into your account.
You’ll find a terrific welcome bonus that can really help you build your bankroll at Caesars. They also have a robust VIP rewards system that provides you with points that can be redeemed for prizes, such as hotel stays and restaurant reservations at Caesars locations.
Ride with Caesars as one of your main spots for tennis bets.
BetMGM Sportsbook has become one of the leaders in the iGaming space, often being among the first operators to emerge in new markets. There are a number of banking methods available here, making the payment process more convenient.
The website is accessible to all forms of players, whether they’re veterans or beginners. This is because the information is easy to find and organized in sections that even include a search bar.
You’ll enjoy several odds boosts at BetMGM, which enhance the moneylines to give you better value.
FanDuel Sportsbook has evolved from a daily fantasy sports provider to a highly successful betting site, among the most popular in the nation. The platform created Same Game Parlays, which allow users to create combinations of their favorite props and other bet types.
The app is among the best in the industry, functioning at a high level with no issues with lagging or crashing. There are numerous promotions to take advantage of at FanDuel as well.
You’ll find a comprehensive selection of props at this site, making it a great choice for U.S. Open betting.
DraftKings Sportsbook became a marquee name in the daily fantasy sports industry before expanding to include sports betting as well. It’s now often one of the first operators to emerge in new markets.
You’ll find a comprehensive selection of props at DraftKings, including some futures that aren’t available on other platforms. The site gets high marks in user experience due to its sleek aesthetic and engaging interface.
DraftKings is a great choice for U.S. Open wagering.
bet365 Sportsbook is known as the world’s favorite sportsbook, so it’s no surprise to see them thrive in the tennis market as well. You’ll want to make this operator one of your staples in U.S. Open betting.
That’s because they have such a large selection of bet types for tennis, including the ability to create Same Game Parlays. This helps set it apart from its competitors because most sportsbooks don’t allow for this option with tennis.
There is also an expansive live betting platform that even includes player props and live streaming on selected events.
How To Pick the Best U.S. Open Betting Sites
Be sure to think about the following important points when considering your U.S. Open betting site:
- Welcome Bonus: Each sportsbook has a useful new-player offer, but some are better than others. First-deposit matches are preferred because you immediately receive bet credits upon funding your account.
- Wagering Requirements: You want lower playthrough requirements attached to your bonus because your goal is to convert the credits into cash as quickly as possible. The lower the multiplier, the better the offer.
- Promotions: Promos like Odds boosts add value to your wagers because they enhance the moneylines of selected outcomes.
- Bet Types: You want to have several options at your disposal, so look for a site with a variety of bet types for tennis.
- User Experience: The information should be provided in an organized layout with a search bar that makes it easily accessible.
- Payment Process: There should be numerous banking methods available for both deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer Support: Live chats are great ways to interact with customer service representatives, so look out for a site with this option.
- Odds: Compare the site’s odds with others in the market to make sure that they aren’t too inflated.
Best U.S. Open Bets You Can Make
Here are the best U.S. Open bets to make:
- Match Handicap: This is like a point spread, where a match handicap is put on each game. The favorite is minus the points, so they must win by more than that number for your bet to hit. The underdog is plus the points, so they can either win outright or lose by fewer than the match handicap. For example, if I took Rafael Nadal at -5.5, so he would need to win by six or more games.
- Totals: Each match has a combined total of games. You choose either Over or Under the number. You may choose Over 26.5 games in the Iga Swiatek-Paula Badosa match. If it ended 6-4, 6-4, you would lose because that adds up to 20 games. Games that project to be close have higher totals while lopsided ones are lower.
- Set Betting: This is where you take a player to win by sets. You may choose Novak Djokovic to win 2-0 in sets as an example. It’s a good way to avoid a bad beat from the match handicap. For example, imagine I took Djokovic at -5.5, but he won 6-4, 6-3. In this case, he won the match pretty easily, but he didn’t cover the handicap, due to his five-game winning margin. Set betting can also include more specific results, like who will get the next point, but I’d suggest avoiding those types because it’s harder to predict.
- Parlays: These are combinations of two or more wagers. You need to hit each bet to win your parlay. The payout is higher than straight bets but can vary based on the combined odds and number of selections. With tennis, it’s best to parlay large favorites. This way, you can avoid the heavy juice and minimize your risk. You can use this type of safer parlay as insurance to cover any losses you may take from your other picks.
- Same Game Parlays: This is where you can put together parlays that include several outcomes from the same match, such as player props and totals. For example, I can go with Stefano Tsitsipas to win outright, Under 22.5 games, and more.
Live Betting on the U.S. Open
Be sure to use live betting to find value in the U.S. Open. Here’s how you can target this market:
- Favorites: Imagine a heavy favorite gets off to a slow start and drops the first set of the match. What was once -350 odds may now be -160, making it much more manageable on your bankroll. This is a good way to minimize risk while betting favorites.
- Totals: Let’s say that a match was projected to be close, so the total was set at a high number of 25.5. The first set ends 6-2, so the live total has dropped to 20.5. You’ve now got the Over at a much better number because of the result in the first set. There’s still a good chance that it can eclipse the pre-game total, so you’ve found a nice line here.
- Props: Some sportsbooks allow you to make live bets on props, such as selecting who will win the next game within a set. If you’re watching the match, you may notice that one player is starting to take over, but it’s not reflected in the overall score yet. This is where you can get an edge.
- Underdogs: You may have liked an underdog to win before the match, but you weren’t confident enough to take them at +275. However, while watching the match, you see that your player looks really good and the set is tied 2-2. The odds wouldn’t have changed yet, but you now feel more comfortable in your selection. This is where you take the live bet.
Betting Site Offers to Keep in Mind
There are several offers to be mindful of when choosing your sportsbook. Below you’ll find a description of each bonus.
No Deposit Bonus/Free Bet
No-Deposit Bonus is provided to new users following registration without requiring them to fund their account. This can be used as a trial run to test out a new sportsbook before deciding to deposit funds.
Free bets are either given as loyalty rewards to active players or to generate interest in a major sporting event, like U.S. Open tennis.
Both types of bonuses are smaller amounts, ranging from $5 to $20.
First-Deposit Bonus is a welcome offer where new players get their first deposit matched to a maximum number, ranging from $200 to $1,000. Most of these bonuses are 100% matches.
The offer is provided in bet credits, which have wagering requirements. This is a multiplier of cumulative bets required to either convert the credits into cash or make them usable in any bet.
For example, if I put $1,000 into my account with a 100% deposit bonus at 3x wagering requirements, I would receive an additional $1,000 in credits, putting my balance at $2,000. Next, I’d be required to place $3,000 in cumulative bets in order to have my $1,000 credits become withdrawable.
You want your bonus to have a lower multiplier, making it easier for you to obtain these credits to use on wagers or withdraw.
Risk-Free Bets, also known as First Bet Insurance, are when sportsbooks refund your first wager if it loses. This is capped at a maximum number, usually ranging from $200 to $1,000. It helps remove some of the financial risk involved in sports betting.
Each offer varies in its distribution of the reimbursed credits. Some sites provide it as one free bet matching the initial wager, while others have them in smaller denominations. You may even find a sportsbook that allows you to use the free bets to your own preference.
For example, if I lost my risk-free bet at $1,000, I may get one $1,000 free bet or four $250 bets, depending on the sportsbook.
Bet & Get
Bet & Get is when you receive bet credits just for participating in an assigned market. It can be used as a welcome offer or to entice users to participate in a specific sport.
For example, a Bet & Get may be “Bet $25+ on U.S. Open Match Handicap, Get $50 in Bet Credits."
It’s a great offer because you’re able to rack up free bets for just participating — you don’t even need to win your bet.
Where Can I Legally Bet on the U.S. Open Online?
You can bet on the U.S. Open in these states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Why You Should Avoid Illegal Betting Sites
Be sure to avoid illegal sportsbooks for the following reasons:
- Odds: The odds are inflated and often don’t match with the rest of the market.
- Payment: Fewer payment methods, delayed withdrawal times, and longer wait periods for settled bets to appear in your balance.
- Illegal: The site’s identity is masked on your bank statement because it’s illegal. This makes it feel shady.
- Promos: There are fewer promos like odds boosts and welcome bonuses like risk-free bets.
- Support: If you have an issue, it’s harder to resolve because customer service is inaccessible.
- Bet Types: There are fewer bet types available at offshore sites.
- Apps: You’ll often find that your illegal site does not have a mobile app, making it less convenient.
Choose More Than One U.S. Open Betting Site
Be sure to choose more than one U.S. Open sportsbook. Here’s why:
- Welcome Bonus: You can stack your balance with bet credits by taking advantage of multiple welcome bonuses. Instead of depositing your entire bankroll in one site, spread it out across a few to secure these offers.
- Odds Shopping: Compare odds to exploit any discrepancies and find value. For example, Rafael Nadal may be +300 to win the U.S. Open at one site, but +400 on another. Every dollar counts because you want to get the best bang for your buck. This is how you find value.
- Odds Boosts: Sportsbooks have odds boosts on different events. On one site, you may find that Novak Djokovic is boosted from -150 to +100, while on another, you notice that Iga Swiatek has enhanced odds. Signing up for more than one site allows you to take advantage of these offers.
- Trying Different Sites: Each sportsbook specializes in different areas of betting. One may be great for tennis, while another could have a terrific new-player offer. You can use each betting site for different functions. This is how you optimize the betting experience.