The French Open is a highly anticipated competition as one of four Grand Slams in the tennis season. The best players in the world compete on clay courts, which can impact playing styles since this surface results in slower ball bounces.
This is one of many factors to consider when deciding on your French Open props bet. In this article, we’ll provide an in-depth overview of how to target his betting market.
The French Open is a great tournament to dive into tennis prop betting, so let’s get right into it and put you on a path to success.
How French Open Prop Betting Works
Props betting can relate to be player, match, or futures bets. Users either select Over or Under on the projected number or place a wager on the favored (minus) or underdogs (plus) moneylines.
Here’s a list of different props you can expect to see at the French Open, depending on the sportsbook:
Most of these props relate to breaking serve (by player), exact scores, method of victory, and the number of sets in the match.
- First Set Player to Break Serve (winning the game when you are not the server)
- Service Game Bets
- Win From Behind
- Win in Straight Sets
- Player Games Won
Match props are primarily focused on set winners, total games, and combined breaks of serve.
- Total Games in Sets
- First Set Winner
- Set Total Games
- Total Breaks of Serve
- Exact Scores
- Total Tiebreaks
Futures props usually are centered around choosing the winner of the tournament.
- To Win Outright
- To make final
- Exact final matchup
- Win tournament without dropping a set
Best French Open Prop Betting Sites
DraftKings is a popular platform that offers both daily fantasy and sports betting. It’s renowned for its user-friendly interface that makes it accessible for both beginners and experienced players.
The site features a lucrative deposit bonus as its new-player offer, along with other useful promotions like odds boosts, which enhance the moneylines of selected events.
The tennis props market includes some common selections, such as outright winners and set results. You’re also able to place live bets on props like which player scores a given point in a specific set.
FanDuel provides top-of-the-line service in both daily fantasy and sports betting. It’s a reputable platform where you can feel at ease depositing funds into your account. There is also a robust customer support team that efficiently addresses any potential issues.
The site allows you to place wagers on alternative match handicaps for tennis players, which is a nice addition to the props market that helps differentiate FanDuel from the competition. For example, I can take Daria Kasatkina at +2.5 (+175) or +5.5 (-175).
You’ll want to make FanDuel one of your main choices with French Open props betting because its app and other features help optimize the sports betting experience.
Caesars is known for providing some of the best welcome bonuses in the industry. You’ll also be entitled to a comprehensive VIP rewards system that allows you to collect points that can be redeemed for cool perks like hotel accommodations at one of Caesars’ properties.
The sportsbook also has an organized layout, making it easy to find your preferred bet type. It’s nice to be able to find French Open as its own sub-section after clicking tennis.
While the tennis props market is pretty limited compared to some of the other sportsbooks, this is mitigated by the lucrative welcome bonus and user-friendly experience. Caesars is one of the leaders in the sports betting industry.
BetMGM carries the prestigious MGM brand that leaves you feeling at ease when putting money into your account. They are one of the first operators to emerge in new markets, establishing themselves as a trusted sportsbook.
The site has a black-and-gold trim that gives it an engaging aesthetic. They have an expansive live-betting platform that includes live streaming on some events, allowing you to sweat your wager in real-time.
You’ll find numerous choices in the tennis props section, such as set betting and match handicaps. There is also a terrific welcome bonus that can help you get off to a strong start in your French Open betting.
PointsBet is one of the most innovative sportsbooks in the industry, featuring its own distinct bet type, known as PointsBetting. This is where users can win more if their wager has a larger winning margin and vice versa if it loses.
You’ll find a ton of different props for the French Open here, including set bets, where you can select how many sets either player will win in the match. It’s also nice to have a schedule of upcoming matches easily visible on the menu.
This is one of the emerging operators in the nation, impressively securing market share despite originating in Australia. You have to love the way they’re trying to expand sports betting with their PointsBetting wager type.
bet365 is the premier sportsbook for tennis betting, offering an unmatched selection of bet types with a number of player props. This isn’t surprising because the operator prides itself as the “World’s Favorite Sportsbook," which is why you see so many options for a more global sport like tennis.
The live-betting platform is fantastic, as you’re able to parlay different bet types, which is not something usually available with in-game wagers. You can even create Same Game Parlays with tennis matches, another feature that sets bet365 apart from its competitors.
You definitely need to make bet365 your top choice for French Open props betting because it has the best selection of wager types within this market.
How To Pick the Best French Open Prop Betting Sites
Choosing the best French Open Prop Betting site requires you to consider the following factors:
- Bet Types: It’s best that your site has as many choices as possible
- Same Game Parlays: Being able to combine props into a single game parlay for higher payouts is huge
- Live Betting: You want a detailed platform with several choices in bet types
- Promotions: A lucrative welcome bonus with promos like odds boosts is important
- Payment Methods: More payment methods make it more convenient for you
- Customer Support: Multiple platforms like live chat and e-mail are preferred
- Odds: The site should have fair odds that align with the rest of the market
The French Open Prop Betting Promotions
You’ll find some of the following French Open prop betting promotions available:
- Odds Boosts: Enhanced odds on selected outcomes, such as Rafael Nadal to win the French Open at +100 instead of -150. This helps give you more value on your selection.
- Parlay Bonus: Earn a percentage of additional winnings if your parlay hits, depending on the number of legs in your bet.
- Parlay Insurance: Get back some bet credits if your parlay loses by only one leg.
Best French Open Prop Bets
Here are some of the best French Open prop bets you can make throughout the competition:
- Set Bets: Choose a player to win 2-0 or 2-1. This is a nice alternative to taking the Match Handicap because you only need to choose the set winning margin as opposed to the games.
- First Set Winner: You can also pick who you think will win the first set.
- First Service Game: You can bet on the score while your player has their first serve, ranging from win to love (zero) to 40.
- Break Serve: Choose a player to break their opponent’s serve in a specified game in the match or pick which player is the first to accomplish this feat.
- Total Sets: Deciding on how many sets are in the match is easier than betting on the total games.
- First Set Score: You can wager on the exact score in a set for higher payouts.
The French Open Prop Betting Strategy
It’s important to come up with a strategy to attack the French Open prop betting market. Below you’ll find a useful approach.
- Prioritize Set Betting: Betting on a player to win 3-0 or 3-1 in sets is easier than taking them on the Match Handicap. This can help you avoid bad beats, such as when you take a player at -4.5, only to see them win by four games in straight sets. Put more units on this type of wager.
- Sprinkle Exact Set Score: You can put fractional units on trying to nail the exact score in a set. I would focus on looking at a game with a heavy favorite. There’s a reasonable chance that they’ll win by a larger margin, like 6-1 or 6-2, so this would be a good way to find value.
- Focus on Same Game Parlays: Player props are fun in tennis, but sometimes they can be difficult, especially when you’re betting on who breaks serve first or the exact score in a given set. This is why you can reduce your risk for potentially higher rewards by combining them into Same Game Parlays.
- Avoid Laying Heavy Juice: It’s tough to be profitable over the long run if you’re consistently betting on moneylines at -150 or lower. This means that you need to win at a higher rate in order to make money. Try to limit your risk by targeting fewer of these types of bets. Parlaying these heavy favorites can be the exception here.
Benefits of French Open Prop Betting Online
There are a number of benefits to deciding to bet on the French Open props online, such as:
- You’re able to place your wager from the comfort of your own home on your desktop/laptop, or on your mobile device while you’re out on the town at a sports bar or running errands.
- It gives you access to welcome bonuses that help stack your bankroll with bet credits.
- You can even take advantage of useful promotions like odds boosts.
- The customer support team is widely available to handle any potential issues that may arise.
- The payment process is robust, with tons of deposit and withdrawal methods available.
- Live betting is a great way to find value and you can only do this online.
How to Place a French Open Prop Bet Online
Follow these steps to place your French Open prop bet online:
- Click one of our links to get taken to the sportsbook’s home page
- Put in our promo code if it’s required
- Input your personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Choose your preferred deposit method
- Put money into your account and receive the welcome bonus
- Go to “Tennis" and find the match that you want
- Access the game and player props
- Add the prop to your Bet Slip
- Type in how much you want to bet
- Place your wager!
Where Can I Legally Bet on The French Open Online?
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Choose More Than One French Open Prop Betting Site
Be sure to register for more than one French Open prop betting site. Here are some reasons why this is to your benefit:
- Welcome Bonus: You can really build your bankroll by obtaining bet credits from new-player offers across several sportsbooks. Remember though, these can only be once, so try your best to maximize the bonus.
- Promotions: Sportsbooks usually have odds boosts on different events, so you’re able to get the best value by putting a wager on enhanced moneylines across more than one site.
- Odds Shopping: Shop for the best odds by using our Odds Comparison Tool to find the best bets across the industry.
- Strengths among Sites: Some sportsbooks have a terrific live betting platform but limited props market. Others have a great welcome bonus but not too many promos. This is where using several sites at the same time helps you out. You have a chance to use the best that each site has to offer.