Tennis may be down the list of sports to bet on in the United States, but it is one of the most popular sports globally, which makes it a priority for every major sportsbook.
Unlike major American sports like football, basketball and baseball, there is still tremendous value gained by in betting on tennis. Plus, the sport’s four annual Grand Slam tournaments, the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and United States Open, are marquee betting events both in the U.S. and globally.
Maybe all that piqued your interest, but you’re also not sure where to begin. Don’t fret. We’re here to help.
Here’s a look at the best ways to bet on tennis in the United States.
Benefits of Betting Tennis on Mobile
Betting on tennis on your mobile device is super-convenient. You can live-bet, or bet while an individual match is going on, which isn’t allowed at brick-and-mortar sportsbooks. You can peruse options in bed, on the couch or basically anywhere instead of putting on hard pants and trekking out to a physical sportsbook.
The case could be made that tennis is the best sport to bet on online since tennis events are ongoing around the clock. Matches take place across the globe, which means your favorite tennis player might play a quarterfinal match at 9 a.m. Eastern time then have his/her semifinal match open at 11:10 p.m. where you live.
Plus, matches can change on a dime. It’s certainly not unheard of for a player to lose the first set or fall behind a break in the decisive set and rally to win. This makes live-betting extremely lucrative and a major pro to online betting on tennis.
Best Tennis Betting Apps
Betting on tennis is most convenient on your phone, and here is a look at a few of our favorite betting apps:
Caesars Sportsbook App
Caesars is one of the best sportsbook apps around with exceptional odds, boosts and props for each ATP and WTA match every day, plus odds for doubles and even lower-tier matches across the globe.
Plus, bettors can wager on Futures, like Grand Slam winners, year-round, with evolving odds each day. Plus, all bets on the Caesars online sportsbook and app come with Caesars rewards, which can be cashed in for dining and hotel credits as well as other perks at Caesars properties.
BetMGM Sportsbook App
BetMGM has an awesome app with dozens of markets and elite odds for all your tennis betting needs. Plus, the BetMGM app has an awesome live stream options for users who want to keep tabs on their bets while they’re going on.
Plus, the BetMGM app is tailor-made for tennis bettors. The app makes tennis matches easy to find, and users can create their own custom parlays while the events are going on.
FanDuel Sportsbook App
FanDuel is the No. 1 sports-betting app in the nation, and it’s not hard to see why. FanDuel has elite odds and tons of markets to wager on tennis, plus, like BetMGM, has a live-streaming option for many tennis matches each day.
Plus, FanDuel is constantly changing the game with its innovative practices. It’s the only sportsbook app that allows depositing by Venmo, was the first to create the same-game parlay — that has since become the standard across U.S. sportsbook apps — and even upped the ante by enabling bettors to place Same-Game Parlay+ where they can combine multiple markets across multiple events for crazier odds and more lucrative payouts.
DraftKings Sportsbook App
DraftKings, like FanDuel, became a household name thanks to its growth in the daily-fantasy space and has since become the most widely available online sportsbook in the country.
The DraftKings app is an excellent option for online tennis betting, with easy-to-find props and a plethora of betting options on each match and tournament each day. DraftKings also offers live scoring as matches are going on so you can track your bets in real-time.
BetRivers Sportsbook App
BetRivers (SugarHouse in NJ and CT) is one of the best apps especially for new and novice online sports bettors. The BetRivers and Sugarhouse apps provide informative stats and analysis while also breaking down terms that may seem foreign to unseasoned gamblers.
The BetRivers app offers competitive odds and dozens of betting markets for singles, doubles, challenger and other pro series, plus has an exceptional welcome offer where new bettors get a 100% deposit match up to $250.
PointsBet Sportsbook App
PointsBet is revolutionizing the way sports is gambled on with its unique “PointsBetting" style of wagering, and that includes tennis. Users who want to up the ante by PointsBetting will receive bonus funds if they are extra-right and will lose more if they’re more wrong.
If PointsBetting sounds nervewracking or confusing, don’t fret. The PointsBet sportsbook app also provides traditional betting and also has a livestream function that lets bettors watch tennis matches as they’re going.
Betfred Sportsbook App
Betfred may not be the most widely available online sportsbook — bettors can only use it in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa and Pennsylvania — but it has a robust number of tennis betting markets, including great odds for Futures.
The Betfred app is user-friendly and offers a strong array of betting types and options, especially for tennis gamblers.
How To Pick the Best Tennis Betting Apps
Picking the best app to bet on tennis is a matter of preference, but here’s a helpful guide to how to decide which app to start with.
- Odds. Obviously, bettors want the best odds to max out their profits. We bet to win money, and the best odds give us the best opportunity to do so. Sometimes it’s that simple.
- Welcome Bonus. The best welcome bonuses entice users to play with that app. We’re partial to risk-free bets that pay out in site credit and deposit matches, since they enable bettors to max out their playable funds without needing to constantly re-deposit.
- Promos. Many apps do not offer daily boosts for non-Grand Slam tennis matches, and some don’t offer boosts even for early-round Grand Slam matches, but if tennis is your preferred sport you’ll want to use the app that boosts odds on matches each day.
- Fast Live Bets. Tennis momentum can swing drastically, and you want to make sure that you’re getting the best odds for your live bets before the odds turn against your betting.
- User-friendly. You don’t want a lag time while logging in to place a live bet nor do you want to spend your whole day seeking out tennis odds — which can be difficult to find in some sportsbooks. The best apps let you navigate easily and place your bets without much of a hassle.
- Markets. Tennis markets can vary from app to app, and there are better apps with a more robust selection of wagers for all of your tennis bets each day and not just during Grand Slams.
- Ease of payment/withdrawal. You don’t want to wait a week for your payout to come in right? Find the app and sportsbook that makes taking out your money as easy as it is to put in.
Tennis Betting Apps vs Desktop
You might ask why betting with an app is better or more convenient than betting on a website? Well:
- Speed. This is especially important since laptops and desktops are not as widely mobile as our, well, mobile phones. The ease with which we can place bets on sportsbook apps is a gamechanger is even more important as tennis odds are constantly evolving, especially in-game.
- Betting live. Live odds change quickly, and you’ll want the convenience and speed of betting on your mobile device as opposed to racing to your computer, unlocking it, waiting for the website to load and all the other clunky features that comes with using a laptop or desktop.
- Confirming Location. A website might need to download an additional geotagging plug-in to confirm where you are, whereas your phone will automatically confirm your location. It might seem silly or trivial, but it’s real and can adversely affect your ability to profit, especially in the early going.
- Odds Boosts. Apps sometimes will curate regionally specific odds boosts or promotions, which again your phone will enable you to take advantage of more easily than a computer. Some sportsbooks will offer app-only promos that entice users to download the app instead of gambling on the website.
How to Download an iPhone Betting App
You’ll want to sign up on The Game Day website since our partnerships enable new bettors to cash in on the best offer that each sportsbook has. But once you take advantage of that, having each sportsbook app is essential, since app betting is fast, convenient and safe.
Here are the steps to downloading a sportsbook app to your iPhone
- Open the App Store app
- Search for a specific sportsbook app if that’s what you’re interested in doing or peruse the available sportsbook apps
- Tap ‘Get’
- Start playing after it downloads
How to Download an Android Betting App
Sports betting isn’t reserved just for iPhone users. Every online sportsbook has an app available for Android as well. Here’s how you download those apps:
- Open the Google Play store
- Search for the app you’re looking for
- Tap ‘Get’
- Wait for it to download
- Begin playing
Tennis Betting App Offers to Keep in Mind
Sportsbook apps offer unique promotions to entice bettors to use their service. Here is a look at the best ones that the top sportsbooks offer
No Deposit Bonus/Free Bet
A no-deposit bonus is typically rolled out in markets that are close to launching online sports betting. BetMGM will sometimes give users up to $200 just for signing up in a state where online betting is coming.
Still, most apps and websites do not offer no-deposit bonuses as those are reserved for the casino space. Sometimes sportsbooks will give free bets but only after depositing or as part of a promotion.
The first-deposit bonus is my personal favorite new-user signup bonus since those offers essentially double your playable funds without breaking the bank. First-deposit matches of 100% are the best, but every offer that enhances your playable funds without needing to constantly deposit more is good.
Risk-free bets are wagers that are reimbursed if they are unsuccessful, which is pretty self-explanatory given the name. There are two different types of risk-free bets, those that reimburse in site credit and those that reimburse in a second bet, and some apps will offer up to $5,000 back if your first bet fails.
The best risk-free bet reimbursements are the ones that pay back in site credit since they again max out your playable funds without the added stress of losing all that money if your initial bet fails. But each offer is still better than not having a reimbursed first bet.
Bet & Get
Bet-and-get promos are really fun and really popular lately. They enable bettors to put out a small amount of money, usually between $1-$10, then cashing in on a large number of free bets, sometimes up to $300. The best part about bet-and-gets is they enable users to play and have fun betting without putting out a lot of money in an initial deposit and will usually provide those funds whether your initial bet hits.
Where Can I Legally Bet on the Tennis on Mobile?
Betting on tennis on mobile apps is available pretty much anywhere online sports betting is legal. Those states include:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Choose More Than One Betting App
You’ll want to have money in more than one account to odds-shop, boost-shop and cash in on those new-user bonuses. Plus, spending time on each sports-betting app is the best way to choose a favorite for yourself. I know I have my favorite online sportsbook, but it took playing with most of the legal ones in my state to determine which one I prefer.
Plus there are better apps than others especially while betting on tennis, which again is popular but not among the most wagered-on sport in the United States. If you’re especially prone to bet on tennis you’ll especially want to shop around for your favorite app.