Pennsylvania legislators legalized online casino gaming in 2017, but it was not until 2019 that players gained access to sites. Since then, the state has evolved into one of the largest providers of iGaming in the United States.
Learn more about the industry as a whole by reviewing our guide below. We provide insight into every aspect of online casino gaming so you can get started, with many sites to choose from.
Are Online Casinos Legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Pennsylvania offers a nice collection of online casino sites from the best providers in the industry. The state is also home to land-based commercial casinos and smaller satellite casinos.
When Did Online Casinos Launch in Pennsylvania?
Online casino sites were live in 2019. The first provider to offer services was Penn National.
PA Online Casino List
With more than 16 online casinos on offer, Pennsylvania provides a quality iGaming market to residents and visitors. The state first legalized online casinos in 2017, and it was not until 2019 that providers officially launched services. Below is a full list of online casino sites in the Keystone State, including a little background info and operating details. Look at your options to find your top choice for gaming in the state.
Launching in partnership with Hollywood Casino on May 3, 2021, Barstool offers a quality online casino experience via app and desktop. Players can access a main menu with slots, video poker, blackjack, and roulette games. The app includes around 60 games, which is small compared to larger providers. Players can also access mychoice rewards to earn benefits from gameplay.
The BetMGM Casino in Pennsylvania is one of the larger providers in the state. Operated in partnership with Hollywood Casino Morgantown, the brand went live on December 4, 2020. Members of BetMGM Casino can access 100s of games, including slots, table games, video poker, and much more. Software providers featured by the brand include IGT, Scientific Games, Konami, and many more. Live dealer is also included and can be accessed via an application.
Get the BetMGM no-deposit bonus and start playing today.
One of the more streamlined online casino sites featured in PA is BetRivers. This brand is connected to the Rivers Philadelphia Casino and began offering services on January 30, 2020. The PA site features a long list of gaming options with plenty of categories to choose from, including live dealer, slots, table games, video poker, and Slingo. One element that makes BetRivers stand out is its software categories. Players can select games from BetRivers by selecting a software company category like Konami, Red Tiger, Everi, or IGT.
Teaming up with Live! Casino Philadelphia, Betway launched online casino services in the state on July 1, 2021. The brand offers a quality site with slots, jackpot games, video poker, and table games. New titles are added and highlighted for quick access. Betway offers fun contests from time to time, giving players a chance to earn incentives from gameplay.
The Borgata online casino operates under MGM International and Entain, with a licensing partnership connected to Rivers Philadelphia Casino. The brand started offering services on February 24, 2021. Borgata was the first to launch in New Jersey in 2013 and has plenty of experience offering iGaming. In PA, Borgata offers a streamlined app for iOS and Android users, plus quality web browser gaming. Enjoy benefits from the MLife Rewards program, plus many gaming options. Borgata is home to slots, table games, video poker, and more, with exclusive titles you won’t find anywhere else.
Get the Borgata no-deposit bonus and start playing in PA today!
Launching on April 23, 2020, the Caesars online casino is partnered with Harrah’s Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. The site offers premium software with a seamless interface for quick navigation. Players can access quality gaming options from top software companies like NetEnt and IGT. There are hundreds of slots to pick from, along with video poker, table games, and live dealer. Evolution provides the live dealer content.
You can get the Caesars no-deposit bonus to start playing slots and other casino games.
The DraftKings brand is known for offering an outstanding online casino experience. The site features hundreds of games and is among the largest in the market. The casino is partnered with The Meadows and officially launched in Pennsylvania on April 30, 2020. Members of DraftKings have access to exclusive branded games plus a large list of slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and live dealer. The best software companies provide content, including NetEnt, NextGen, Amaya, and IGT.
Not to be outdone by its rival DraftKings, FanDuel holds its own in Pennsylvania. The brand partnered with Valley Forge Casino and began offering services on January 24, 2020. Visitors to FanDuel Casino will be satisfied with the site’s layout or app and the game selection. The casino features Everi, IGT, and NextGen Gaming games. There are plenty of slots to enjoy, plus Slingo games, video poker, live dealer, and table games; the list goes on and on. The casino also includes free-to-play games, allowing players to earn rewards.
Hollywood Online Casino
Operated via licensing held by Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, this online casino launched on July 18, 2019. The gaming site includes slots, table games, On the Floor titles, and new games. A unique feature of Hollywood is the casino includes demo mode. Players can test titles before investing real funds, saving time and money.
Parx Online Casino
The Parx online casino operates under the betPARX brand, with licensing provided by Parx Casino. The online casino launched on July 17, 2019, and is one of the smaller options in Pennsylvania. The site offers around 70 games, including slots, table games, and live dealer. Because the online casino is smaller, it is easier to navigate than other brands. However, the game selection will be less robust, which may be a downside for some players.
With a similar setup to BetRivers Casino, PlaySugarHouse offers a quality lineup of games and promotions for players to enjoy. Connected to Rivers Philadelphia, the online casino went live on July 19, 2019. The brand features tourney options, hot games, live dealer, table games, slots, and more. Narrow down the selection of games to software providers, or check out new titles that are highlighted within the platform.
With its unique platform setup, PlayLive is a breath of fresh air in Pennsylvania. The online casino teamed up with Live! Casino Philadelphia to launch iGaming on August 14, 2020. The online casino has a quality platform with jackpot prizes, recent wins, and leaderboard competitions located on the left side f the home page. Find all the games in the site’s main section, with featured titles, slots, table games, jackpots, live dealer, and video poker. The site also includes an In Casino section where you can play online games that you would also find in the land-based Live! Casino.
Sports bettors tend to gravitate towards PointsBet Casino as it offers a smaller casino section connected to its sportsbook platform. Partnered with Hollywood Casino York and Penn National Gaming, the online casino site opened on April 13, 2022. This site offers a smaller section of games with slots, card and table games, live casino, and video poker.
Launching on November 6, 2019, the PokerStars Casino is partnered with Mount Airy Casino Resort. PokerStars is known for its poker gaming, of course, but they also dabble in casino options as well. In Pennsylvania, players can enjoy slots, live casino, card and table games, plus races. Access the poker site and sportsbook via the same platform for seamless all-around betting.
A unique brand offered in the iGaming sector of Pennsylvania is Stardust. Working with Valley Forge Casino, the site went live on April 19, 2021. The Stardust brand is a tribute to the olden days of the Starburst Casino from Las Vegas, Nevada. Enjoy the golden age of casino gaming on desktop or mobile devices by accessing slots, live casino, jackpot games, and table games. There is a nice collection of titles to pick from, and the site is easy to navigate, even for beginners.
Unibet is an online casino brand with decades of experience under its belt. Launching via the Mohegan Sun Pocono on November 15, 2019, the brand was among the first to get started in Pennsylvania. The provider offers a solid collection of casino games, including professional sports team-based titles. The site is home to a Philadelphia Eagles branded slot and Philadelphia Eagles Blackjack. These games are a fun way to support local teams and play casino games. The site also includes slots, table games, progressives, and video poker.
Wind Creek Casino
Another smaller online casino site in PA can be found via Wind Creek. The site is licensed in partnership with Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem and started offering services on July 24, 2020. The site has a simple layout, offering slots, table games, video poker, and Slingo. Don’t expect a large collection of games here, but there are enough popular titles to peak player interest.
Upcoming Pennsylvania Online Casinos
In its recent annual report, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board announced that up to 10 online casino licenses might be issued in 2023. WynnBet is among the providers that recently earned approval and should be live sometime in 2023.
Best PA Online Casinos
With so many casinos to choose from, you may need help figuring out where to start. Below we list our top three suggestions to give you a good starting point. Sign up for a new player account with any of the providers below for a top-rated experience.
- DraftKings: This online casino site is a top pick in Pennsylvania for a few reasons. First, the brand has a large collection of games. Hundreds of titles are on offer, making it easy for players to get started with slots, blackjack, poker, and other options. One main benefit to DraftKings in demo mode. The site offers a demo for most games, giving you a chance to try a title before spending real cash. This helps weed out the games you don’t want to play without wasting money.
- FanDuel: Members of FanDuel can enjoy a nicely stylized site or app with a solid collection of games. Use the many categories to find titles you like with options for slots, table games, and live casino games.
- BetMGM: Players tend to gravitate towards BetMGM due to its seamless platform and quality gaming options. The brand includes all types of gaming options with an exclusive section of games you won’t find anywhere else. Top that with promotions and rewards, and you have a winning combination.
How to Choose the Best PA Online Casino
If you are a new player in the Pennsylvania online casino market, you may be wondering how to select a gaming site. Are there features or certain elements you should look for? The Game Day Casino takes the guesswork out of selecting a casino site by providing a few key checkpoints below. Read through these options to help you choose a site that works for your gaming needs.
If you want to take advantage of an online casino with a good sign-up deal, you need to review the welcome offer. Most online casino sites offer a welcome deal with a no-deposit bonus or a deposit match promotion. Do you want to test a site for free or see your deposit matched?
The answer to this question determines what type of deal you should look for. A no-deposit promotion gives you a small amount of bonus cash to use for gaming at no cost to you. A deposit match will give you bonus funds based on your first deposit amount. You get more cash for gaming but do have to add funds to take advantage of the deal.
Consider the welcome deal a site provides before joining. Such promotions also have wagering requirements. Take note of the steps you must take to clear a deal and only claim the promotions that offer lower wagering requirements to lower the amount you need to play before being able to cash out.
Existing Customer Promotions
As an existing customer, you may want access to promotions as well. What type of deals does the casino offer its members? Are there reload bonuses to help boost your bankroll? Does the site offer free spin deals or slot leaderboard competitions? Think about what type of promotions appeal to you and check the appropriate section of a casino to see what they offer. This will help you to decide if a casino is worth your time and effort.
This category is a must for many of our Game Day Casino researchers. The types of games a casino offers are important. If you enjoy live dealer, you don’t want to join a site that does not offer live dealer titles. Look through the game portfolio of an online casino before you create an account. Do they have slots, table games, video poker, etc.? Make sure the games suit your playing style.
The platform of a casino is also important. Is the site easy to use? Are there categories that break down your gaming choices? If a platform is cluttered or unorganized, it may be annoying to use. Look for streamlined platforms with easy-to-navigate gaming sections, clear account information, and other seamless features.
If you are playing casino games at a real money site, you want to be able to deposit easily. Withdrawing is also important, as you want to cash out big wins. Before joining an online casino, read through the FAQ section or look for a banking header to see what methods they provide. Support can also help find out this information. Don’t join a site until you know if you have banking options, including the minimum and maximum amounts allowed, plus potential fees.
Mobile capability is important if you like using your smartphone or tablet for gaming. Does a provider you are considering have an app? What about instant mobile browser gaming? Check to see your options. This allows you to play with your mobile device instead of being restricted to a desktop or laptop.
Lastly, customer support is an important factor. You need to reach support if a problem arises or you have a question. Look for your support options at an online casino. Do they have a live chat? This is the fastest way to receive assistance. If not, what other options are offered? We also suggest reading through reviews of online casinos for complaints about support. Some sites may take days to get back to you via email, and you should avoid those providers.
Who Is Eligible for Pennsylvania Online Casino Account?
Players are eligible for an online casino account in Pennsylvania if they are 21 or older and located in the state.
Do I Have to be a Resident of PA to Play Online?
Players do not have to be a resident of Pennsylvania to play online. However, you must be within state borders to access services. Geolocation software is used to detect your location.
What Is the Legal Gambling Age in PA?
Players must be 21 to play online casino games or visit casinos. The same age limit applies to other gambling options like video lottery terminals.
Why Should I Join a Pennsylvania Casino Site?
Joining an online casino site is a great way to play your favorite casino games from the comfort of your home. Online providers offer similar games to land-based casinos, plus additional features that reward you for gameplay. Here are a few reasons why you should join a PA casino site.
Play From Anywhere
An online casino site in Pennsylvania allows you to play games from anywhere inside the state. This means you can play from your living room, on a work break, on a weekend trip, etc. The online gaming market is highly accessible, making it easy for players to access games within its borders. The convenience factor is a huge plus, allowing you to avoid the added costs of traveling to a land-based casino to play games.
Online gaming sites also have lower buy-in amounts for many of their games. You can pay less to play slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and many other game types. With lower buy-ins, you can stretch your budget even further to play as many games as you like for longer sessions.
Many top operators also offer reward programs for their members. Caesars has Caesars Rewards, BetMGM has its own program and others. Once you become a member, you are enrolled in the program. You earn points for your gameplay which can help to build up your reward level and give you access to incentives like casino bonuses, free play, or in-person benefits.
There are also promotions to consider. Online casinos can offer more contests to their members than traditional land-based ones. An online casino site starts with a welcome deal, giving you bonus cash for gaming upon sign-up. You can then take advantage of other deals as an existing member. The promotions will vary but can include reload bonuses, free spins, and leaderboard contests.
Live Dealer Games
If you like live casino table games, you can find similar gaming options via the live dealer section of a site. In this category, players have many titles to consider, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. The live dealer games are played in real-time in a physical casino or studio. Professional dealers lead the way, and you get to enjoy live action from your home. The live dealer games are a great way to enjoy quality casino content in a live format without traveling to a casino.
Why Avoid Offshore Casinos
In the United States, players have access to other gaming options that are not legalized. Known as offshore casinos, these sites are not licensed in the US, so they are not bound by local regulations. We suggest that players do not access gaming from such sites due to the following:
- Unregulated Gaming: Offshore sites are not regulated in Pennslyvania or other states where iGaming is legal. Because of this, you are not protected by an overseer. In PA, licensed sites must adhere to regulations and are held accountable if they treat a player unfairly. This is not the case with offshore sites; you are putting yourself at risk by playing at one.
- Bad Actors: In an unregulated market, there are always bad actors. These companies have a bad reputation in the gambling world, from actions such as not paying customer wins or breaching personal information to third parties. Avoid these types of sites at all costs to ensure you don’t lose wins or have your information handed out to others.
- Possible Unfair Games: Online casino sites in Pennsylvania and other regulated states provide fair gaming through random software testing and random number generators. Unlicensed offshore sites are not held to such standards. It is not uncommon for a site to offer unfair games that favor the casino.
How Do Welcome Offers Work?
A welcome offer is a special deal that an online casino provides its new members. It is an incentive to entice newbies to create an account. A welcome offer will vary based on the online casino you select. Some provide a no-deposit bonus which gives you free funds to use for gaming.
Others provide a welcome bonus with a first deposit match. This deal requires you to add the minimum deposit or higher to your account. Once completed, the site matches your deposit, usually at 100%. An example would be a deal offering a 100% match up to $500. You deposit $50, and the site gives you $50 in bonus funds.
Keep in mind that welcome deals have wagering requirements. Read the terms and conditions to see what requirements must be met before you can cash out. This may include playing the bonus cash several times. A 10x or lower wagering requirement is best as it can help clear the deal faster than a higher rate of 30x-40x.
How to Sign Up to a PA Online Casino
- Click on our link at The Game Day to visit the selected casino.
- Select the Sign-Up or Join Now tab. This is usually located at the top right of the home page.
- Fill out the registration form with personal information. This includes the address, birthday, email, and last four numbers of your social security account.
- Submit your information and wait for a confirmation email.
- Verify your account and location if needed, then log in
- You are now ready to deposit funds and play.
How to Download a Pennsylvania Casino App
Most online casinos in Pennsylvania offer a mobile applications for Android and iOS devices. You can use a tablet or smartphone to play. Learn how to download these apps below.
- Open the Apple App Store on your device.
- Use the search box and enter a PA online casino name.
- Locate the appropriate app and click GET.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- If you have an account, log in. If not, fill out the form and use any bonus code we offer at The Game Day to earn bonus funds.
- After you are logged in, deposit funds to play.
- Using a smartphone or tablet, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Use the search option to look for a PA casino app.
- Click the app to download it once you locate it.
- Wait for the app to install, then open it.
- Log in to your account or create a new one.
- After logging in, deposit funds if needed. Now you can play slots and table games from your mobile.
How To Fund My Account
- Log in to your online Pennsylvania casino account.
- Click on the cashier within the My Account section.
- Select Deposit.
- Enter the amount you wish to add.
- Select a banking method.
- Complete the transaction following the instructions provided by the casino.
- Once the funds are in your account, you are ready to play.
- Credit/Debit Card: Use a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express to fund your account. Options will vary based on the casino.
- PayPal: Use an existing PayPal wallet to add funds.
- Play+: Many PA online casinos use this specialty card for deposit needs.
- Apple Pay: Use your iOS payment method to add funds.
- Instant Bank Transfer: Connect your bank account to add funds.
- Online Banking: Many financial institutions in Pennsylvania offer funding options.
- PayNearMe: Use this secondary location option to deposit with cash.
- VIP Preferred: Sign up for a VIP Preferred account to add funds whenever you like.
- Cashier Cage: Some online casinos use their connected land-based gambling venues to offer deposit banking options.
- PayPal: Receive your payment within 24 hours or less by using your e-wallet.
- VIP Preferred: Use a VIP Preferred account to claim your winnings.
- Online Banking: Financial institutions will offer you online banking methods for withdrawals.
- Instant Banking: Utilize a bank transfer to receive cash within 2-4 business days.
- Play+ Card: Payments via this method are quick, taking 24 hours or less to complete.
- Cashier Cage: Land-based casinos connected to online providers may offer withdrawal options.
- Check by Mail: Some online casinos will provide payment via a cashier check sent through regular mail.
Casino Games Available
The number of games offered at online casinos in Pennsylvania is astounding. Most online gaming sites include hundreds of titles in their portfolio, with each game provided by a top-rated software company. The collection of games on offer will vary based on the operator, but for the most part, players will have access to slots, table games, live dealer, video poker, and additional content.
Look through the categories below to see what you can expect from an online gaming site in the Keystone State.
An online casino’s largest selection of games is generally the slot category. Players love to spin the reels and operators oblige. Most sites have 100s of games on offer with classic titles, modern games, progressives, megaways, and more.
You will be able to find an online slot to play in Pennsylvania. Games come in various themes, including Irish, Egyptian, Adventure, Gem, Mining, Buffalo, and many more. There is something for everyone through the theme, plus features like free spins, bonus rounds, and wild symbol substitutions.
Easily review an online casino site’s slot category to learn more about what an operator provides. Games are listed based on type or software provider, depending on the brand.
If you are a fan of table games, you will find plenty of options here. Table games can be broken down into individual categories, or games will be lumped all together. Game types in this category include:
- Casino Poker
- Sic bo
- Pai Gow Poker
- And more.
Each game will have a varying buy-in and should offer options from low to high. Classic table games are on offer, along with unique variants.
Table game fans will also enjoy the live dealer collection in Pennsylvania. The casinos offer traditional table games in a live format, plus gameshows and other options. Live dealer games are played in real-time from a studio setting. Players stream the gaming footage to their mobile or desktop and make decisions from home.
Live dealer games can operate 24/7 or during a limited time frame. Buy-ins also vary so that players can find affordable options at all times.
If you enjoy poker gaming, then this section is where you want to look for games in Pennsylvania. The online casinos in Pennsylvania offer a nice selection of video poker games with options like Game King, Bonus Poker, Joker Poker, and more.
Even more gaming content may be offered in the portfolio. Be on the lookout for Slingo, keno, bingo, and scratchcards. Many of these games may be located in a separate section of the site labeled Other or Additional Games.
Each online casino has restrictions regarding which game types it offers, plus minimum and maximum bets. There may also be restrictions on game time frames available in the live dealer section. Each online casino operator will have such restrictions listed, so you can easily understand how the gaming options work.
Pennsylvania Retail Casinos
- Harrah’s Philadelphia Casino & Racetrack: 777 Harrah’s Blvd, Chester PA, 19013
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course: 777 Hollywood Blvd, Grantville, PA 17028
- Hollywood Casino at the Meadows: 210 Racetrack Rd, Washington, PA 15301
- Hollywood Casino Morgantown: 6021 Morgantown Rd, Morgantown, PA 19543
- Hollywood Casino York: 2899 Whiteford Rd, York, PA 17402
- Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin: 4067 National Pike, Farmington, PA 15437
- Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia: 900 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Live! Casino Pittsburgh: 5256 US-30, Greensburg, PA 15601
- Mohegan Pennsylvania: 1280 PA-315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
- Mount Airy Casino Resort: 312 Woodland Rd, Mt Pocono, PA 18344
- Parx Casino: 2999 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino: 8199 Perry Hwy, Erie, PA 16509
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: 1001 N Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: 777 Casino Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Valley Forge Casino Resort: 1160 1st Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: 77 Sands Blvd, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Can I Bet at Sportsbooks in PA?
Yes. Pennsylvania casinos offer sports betting in-person and online.
When Did PA Online Casinos Become Legal?
PA online casinos were legalized in 2017 due to the approval of a new legislative casino gaming package.
PA Online Casino Legal Timeline
- October 2017: A gambling expansion bill was passed in the state, paving the way for online casino gaming, truck stop slots, and satellite casinos.
- 2018: Officials approved keno gaming and virtual sports betting.
- 2019: Five operators launch online gaming services and start a new market.
- 2020: Seven more providers launch casino/sports betting services.
- 2021: Five additional operators launch.