Table of contents
Also referred to as the Granite State, some form of real money gambling in New Hampshire has been on the books for quite a long time. It started with pari-mutuel betting and horse racing way back in 1933. The online gambling sector has developed exponentially within just a few years.
New Hampshire State has authorized online lottery sales, mobile sports betting, and daily fantasy sports since 2019. As of right now, DraftKings is the only online sportsbook launched in the state.
Here’s what you need to know about sports betting in New Hampshire.
Can I Bet on Sports in New Hampshire?
Absolutely, yes! You can legally bet on a variety of sports in New Hampshire through the state-sponsored DraftKings Sportsbook. You can also place wagers at one of the two land-based sportsbooks.
Do I Have to be a Resident of NH to Bet Online?
To enjoy online sports betting in NH, you don’t need to be a resident of the state. All you have to do is be within NH borders. Betting within New Hampshire’s borders is strictly enforced by operator sites and apps, which use geolocation technology to track your position when betting.
When using a desktop computer, your location is detected by triangulating the computer’s IP address with Wi-Fi data. If you are betting with your phone, you must turn location services on.
What Is the Legal Betting Age in NH?
In order to legally bet on sports in New Hampshire, you must be 18-years-old.
Why Should I Join a New Hampshire Betting Site?
Betting in New Hampshire is a safe and fun experience. Here are some reasons why you should bet in New Hampshire:
- DraftKings, which is currently the only option, is safe, legal, and regulated by the New Hampshire Lottery Commission.
- Have secure deposits and withdrawal methods, so your money is safe.
- It’s convenient as you can bet from the comfort of your home or on the go.
- Most sportsbooks offer welcome bonuses and promotions.
- There are more betting odds, and they are more consistent.
Why Avoid Offshore Sportsbooks
- Offshore sportsbooks are unregulated.
- It is illegal for offshore betting sites to process financial transactions.
- Users are often asked to convert their money to cryptocurrency to help overcome the illegal nature of offshore sports betting.
- There are way fewer banking options for deposits and withdrawals.
- You can’t trust that you’ll be paid.
- There are fewer betting options available.
- There are no online sports betting apps available, so it’s more inconvenient.
NH Sports Betting Sites
At the moment, DraftKings Sportsbook is the only betting site active in New Hampshire:
DraftKings became the first sports betting operator to launch in New Hampshire. It is state-sponsored and offers novel ways for you to jump into the action of sporting activities across the world. Unique features such as prop bets as well as traditional betting on games mean that you will be engaged and entertained for every pitch, shot, and snap.
DK of course has daily fantasy sports and partnerships with the PGA, NFL, and MLB. It is also an authorized gaming operator of MLB and NBA and is an official gaming operator of the PGA TOUR.
How Do I Join A New Hampshire Sports Betting Site?
Joining a New Hampshire sports betting site is fun and easy! Here’s how:
- Choose the sportsbook you want to join and click on one of our “Get Bonus” or “Claim Now” buttons to activate the welcome bonus (DraftKings in this case).
- Once you are redirected to the NH mobile sportsbook of your choosing, you will fill out a registration form with the following information that includes name, address, email, last 4 digits of SSN, DOB, geolocation check, etc.
- Agree to all terms of service and hit submit, which completes the process and triggers your bonus. However, keep in mind that most bonuses could require your first-time deposit to receive their benefits.
- You will receive an email confirmation for your records. You may also be asked to confirm your email and account.
- Click ‘Deposit’ and choose a banking method.
- Deposit into your new account. If receiving a deposit match bonus, both your money and the bonus will appear in your account
How To Fund My Account
New Hampshire sportsbooks make it easy to deposit and withdraw money. Not every betting site shares the same options, but it’s still relatively easy across the board.
Once you find the sportsbook of your choice, depositing money into your account is easy.
- Click Deposit or Add Funds.
- Choose your preferred banking method.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- If you’re using an eWallet such as PayPal, enter your password to confirm the process.
- The site will verify the process is complete and will be reflected in your deposit.
- Check email for further confirmation.
There are fewer withdrawal options available than depositing, but it’s still easy to withdraw money.
- Find the withdrawal option on the sportsbook app or website.
- Choose a method of withdrawal.
- Enter the amount you want to take out.
- If using an eWallet such as PayPal, you will need to type in your password to complete the transaction.
- Your balance will reflect the withdrawal and you will receive an email confirmation.
When it comes to depositing and withdrawing money, sportsbooks give plenty of options for bettors to choose from. Whatever payment method you feel most comfortable using, most betting sites will accept it.
Each operator will have different payment methods, so check that your preferred payment method is available before signing up. Here are some of the depositing options available in New Hampshire:
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Discover)
- Prepaid Cards
- Play+ Cards
While there are fewer withdrawal options than with deposits, there are still enough options:
- Play+ Prepaid Cards
- Check By Mail
- Cash At Casino Cage
How to Download a New Hampshire Betting App
Downloading NH betting apps to your phone or mobile device are quick and easy. Below is the step-by-step process for both iOS and Android:
- Go to the App Store
- Search for the sportsbook of your choosing
- Click on the app and click “Get”
- Confirm the installation with verification
- Wait for the app to download
- Open Google Play and use the Play Store app
- Search for the betting site of your choosing
- Tap Install and wait for the app to download
If you cannot find the app in either Store, you can download it from the official sportsbook website.
What Sports Can I Bet on in NH?
Sports bettors in New Hampshire are able to place a wager on any of the options provided by the eligible sportsbooks that are operational in the state. You don’t need to worry about missing on a potential bet that is only available in another state. The list of options includes:
- Football (NFL, NCAA)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Motorsports (NASCAR, Formula 1)
- Mixed Martial Arts (UFC)
Each sportsbook has its own rules and regulations, so not every betting site follows the same guidelines. There are, however, certain restrictions that all sports bettors must follow in the state of NH. Below are the following restrictions:
- Bettors can not place wagers on in-state collegiate teams.
- Bettors can not wager on high school athletics.
Local Sports Teams to Bet On
New Hampshire does not have any major professional teams to cheer on. However, the following teams are local to New Hampshire’s surrounding states:
- New England Patriots
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Red Sox
- Boston Bruins
- Connecticut Sun
- New England Revolution
- New England Black Wolves
Bet Types Available
- Moneyline: The moneyline is the most basic form of sports betting. It’s simply the bettor picking which team will win, balanced by the sportsbook’s odds that it will happen. The favorite will have a negative moneyline, while the underdog will have a positive moneyline.
- Point Spread: The margin of victory involved in betting Against The Spread (ATS). The bettor is wagering on the point margin between two teams.
- Totals: Also known as an Over/Under, Totals is betting on a game or prop total for more (Over) or fewer (Under) than a sportsbook-designated total.
- Props: Bet on an item not directly involved with the score/result of a game. A prop could be a player’s total points scored, home runs hit, touchdowns scored, and it can be team totals like passing yards, three-pointers made, etc.
- Live Betting: Live betting allows a sports bettor to place wagers on games as they happen. The sportsbook will change the odds as the game progresses depending on what’s happening in the game.
- Futures: Betting on an event, statistic, or anything similar to occur after the end of a full event or season. An example of this would be betting on next year’s Super Bowl winner in the preseason.
- Parlays: A single bet that links together two or more individual wagers and is dependent on all of those wagers winning together. If any of the bets in the parlay lose, the entire parlay loses.
New Hampshire Sportsbook List
Currently, you can bet at two DraftKings Sportsbook locations at The Brook and Filotimo Casino.
Can I Play at Online Casinos in NH?
While sports gambling is legal in New Hampshire, online casinos are currently not available in the state.
When Did NH Online Sports Betting Become Legal?
Sports betting in New Hampshire was officially legalized in July 2019. After the H 480 bill was approved by the House members of New Hampshire, the sports betting bill was signed into law by Governor Chris Sununu.
The original bill was then amended to allow multiple operators, with land-based operators being capped at 10 and mobile operators at 5. This allowed several betting operators and sports bookies to conduct business in the state, regulated and licensed by the New Hampshire Lottery Commission.
In the absence of tribal or commercial casino gambling, pari-mutuel horse racing bets and state lottery were the only types of gambling that New Hampshire residents would have enjoyed up until 2019.
Mobile sports betting became live in NH and first launched in December 2019. New Hampshire residents can now bet on sports online from their phones as well as play a range of games at land-based casinos.
New Hampshire Sports Betting Timeline
- May 14, 2018 – After a long and uphill battle, the Supreme Court rules in favor of New Jersey and declares the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 (PASPA) unlawful. This allowed all states to legalize sports betting.
- July 16, 2019 – Governor Chris Sununu signed bill HB480, making sports betting legal in New Hampshire.
- December 30, 2019 – Governor Chris Sununu placed the first legal sports wager in the state on the New England Patriots.