Below you’ll find the best CFL betting sites on mobile devices, desktops and laptops. The list is based on the welcome bonus, bet types, weekly promos, payment methods, and the overall user experience.
The CFL season is in full swing, giving us a chance to get our football fix during the summer. It also means that it’s time to give you a better understanding of where to lay your CFL bets.
In this article, we’ll provide an in-depth overview of CFL betting sites, including a description of different promotions along with the benefits of placing a wager online. Without further ado, let’s get right into it and talk some Canadian football!
Benefits of Betting on Football Online
Betting online is the way to go, as there are numerous benefits to take advantage of that you won’t get when placing an in-person wager, such as:
- You’ll be able to quickly place a bet from your personal device, making it much more convenient.
- There are welcome bonuses that give you bet credits to help build your bankroll.
- Sites often feature ongoing promotions throughout the year which give you more value, like odds boosts.
- The customer service team is easily accessible and available on multiple platforms.
- You’ll enjoy an expansive live-betting platform with live streaming on selected events.
- It’s much easier to research your bet on the Internet when you place your wager online.
What is the CFL?
The CFL stands for the Canadian Football League, which has been around since 1958. The 2022 season will be the league’s first full, 18-game campaign since 2019, as 2020 was cancelled due to the pandemic, while 2021 was shortened to 14 games.
Nine teams will compete for a chance to secure one of the six playoff spots in the three-week postseason. The top two teams in each division secure a bye in the first round.
There are a few notable differences between the CFL and NFL, but the most significant is that there are three downs instead of four. This means that it’s even more of a pass-heavy league, as there isn’t much margin for error, so a negative rushing play is even more detrimental. This leads to more scoring since both teams are often forced to air it out.
Another key rule change is called a rouge, where one point is awarded for kicking the ball into an opponent’s endzone during the kickoff. The stoppage in play during the second and fourth quarters occurs at three minutes, instead of the two-minute warning in the NFL.
The league is filled with exciting games that often feature thrilling comebacks. It’s a nice prelude to satisfy our football hunger before the start of the NFL season.
There are nine teams in the CFL:
- B.C. Lions
- Calgary Stampeders
- Edmonton Elks
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Montreal Alouettes
- Ottawa Redblacks
- Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Best CFL Betting Apps & Sites
DraftKings Sportsbook emerged as a daily fantasy sports provider, but now also includes a betting site that has developed into one of the most popular in the country and is usually one of the first to set up shop in new markets.
The platform is renowned for its functionality, featuring an organized layout that makes it easily accessible. The interface is displayed in an engaging black, green, and white trim, giving it a sleek aesthetic.
You’ll find your desired bet types at DraftKings, including futures picks that will update in odds throughout the season, depending on the performance of each team.
FanDuel Sportsbook was a pioneer in the daily fantasy sports space, so it’s no surprise to see the betting site become one of the favorites in the industry. You won’t want to miss out on what FanDuel has to offer.
The site created Same Game Parlays, which allow you to combine multiple bet types from one game for a higher payout. This was one of the first bet types where you can parlay player props.
Expect to see an assortment of props available at FanDuel, giving you an opportunity to project the performance of your favorite players throughout the league.
Caesars Sportsbook is considered a powerhouse in the industry, especially after acquiring popular European operator William Hill back in 2021. You should definitely make Caesars a part of your CFL sportsbooks.
This platform is best known for its welcome bonus, which is among the most lucrative in the industry. You’ll also be able to enjoy frequent promotions that will add value to your wagers, such as odds boosts.
The VIP Rewards system is fantastic, as you can redeem your accrued points for cool perks like hotel accommodations or fine dining reservations at Caesars properties.
BetMGM Sportsbook is a reputable operator where you can feel safe and secure depositing funds by using one of the many banking methods that they have available. The operator is the creation of established brands like MGM Resorts and Entain Holdings.
Not only does the site have odds boosts and bet builders, but you’ll also enjoy a detailed live-betting platform that will allow you to live-stream some of your favorite events.
BetMGM offers a user-friendly experience that you won’t want to miss out on, as the information is presented in an organized fashion, allowing you to easily navigate the platform.
PointsBet Sportsbook is an innovative betting site that originated in Australia but has done a terrific job establishing a foothold in the North American market. This is an operator that created its own betting type, known as PointsBetting.
This is where users can place a wager and win more money if their selection has a greater winning margin, but potentially lose more if the opposite is true. It’s a thrilling way to place a bet, so be sure to give it a try.
Beyond that, the sportsbook also features numerous promotions to give you more value. You’ll have no issues using the platform, especially with their robust customer support team available to address your needs.
How To Pick the Best CFL Online Sportsbook
It’s important to consider a number of factors when choosing your CFL betting sites, such as:
- Welcome Bonus: Each operator will offer a new-player bonus, but some are better than others. Deposit bonuses are preferred over risk-free bets. It’s also important that the wagering requirements aren’t too high because you want to be able to quickly convert your credits into withdrawable cash.
- Promotions: The site should provide you with frequent promotions, such as odds boosts, which enhance the moneylines of selected events. There are other good ones, like parlay insurance, which refunds you with bet credits if your parlay loses by one leg.
- Bet Types: CFL isn’t nearly as popular as other leagues, so you may find a more limited selection of bet types. Look for the sportsbook that provides you with more options, such as player props and Same Game Parlays.
- Payment Methods: The payment process should be as convenient as possible, so you should have multiple options to deposit and withdraw funds from your balance.
- Customer Support: The customer service representatives should be easy to reach. Live chat that is open 24/7 is the preferred choice because it’s the most efficient.
- Live Betting: This is a great way to find value on a team that is losing early in the game. Odds are updated in real-time, so you can always scan the board for the best bet while you’re watching the game. A live-streaming feature is an added bonus here.
Why You Should Avoid Illegal Betting Sites
Illegal betting sites need to be avoided at all costs. Here’s why:
- They often don’t provide you with the same type of welcome bonuses and the promotions are limited.
- Since they’re illegal, they often push you towards cryptocurrencies as payment or hide their identity on your bank statements.
- Bets may take longer to be settled, making the process more inconvenient and untrustworthy.
- The customer support team is harder to reach and available on fewer platforms.
- The odds don’t align with the rest of the market and you’re often paying inflated prices.
- The bet type selection is much more limited, especially with player props.
Where Can I Legally Bet on the CFL Online?
You can bet on the CFL online in the following states:
Current Legal Online Betting Locations
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington D.C
- West Virginia
CFL Betting Site Welcome Offers to Keep in Mind
There are several welcome offers to be mindful of with the CFL. Be sure to check in on the wagering requirements for each bonus, as you need to play through your initial deposit a certain number of times before your funds become withdrawable.
No Deposit Bonus/Free Bets
No Deposit Bonus is when you’re provided with bet credits immediately after registering for an account. There is no need for you to deposit any money in order to activate this bonus. It’s a great way to test out a new sportsbook before you decide whether or not it’s the right fit for you.
Free Bets are generally given out as loyalty rewards to active users. They can also be provided as a way to generate interest in a major sporting event or to push users to a niche betting market, like the CFL.
These offers usually range from $5 to $20.
First-Deposit Match is the best welcome bonus on the market, as you’re given bet credits that match your initial deposit. This usually ranges from $100 to $500 as the maximum.
For example, if I deposit $500 into an offer capped at this number, I’ll receive an additional $500 in free bets, putting my balance at $1,000.
If the playthrough requirement here is 5x, that means I’d need to rack up $2,500 in cumulative wagers before my bonus is withdrawable. This is because the multiplier relates to your first deposit, which in this case is $500.
Risk-Free Bet, also known as First Bet Insurance, removes some of the financial risk involved in sports betting. That’s because you’re refunded up to a maximum on your first bet if it loses.
There are wagering requirements and odds limits (usually at a minimum of -200) involved with this bet. It can vary from $200 to $1,000, depending on the sportsbook. You also will be refunded in different ways across the industry. Some sites give you back one free bet token, while others provide it in smaller denominations.
For example, if I lose my first bet of $200, I may get back one $200 bet or four $50 bets.
Bet & Get
Bet & Get provides new users with free credits just for participating in a specific market. This is used to entice players into placing wagers on specific sports, such as the CFL. It may also be provided as a new-player offer.
An example of this bonus can be “Bet $25+ on the CFL, Get $25 in credits." It’s a great promo because you don’t need to win your selection in order to receive the free bets.
Choose More Than One CFL Betting Site
Be sure to choose more than one CFL betting site. Here’s why:
- Compare odds across sportsbooks to find the best line. You can use our Odds Comparison Tool, which finds the best bets for you. All you need to do is have an account at that site.
- Take advantage of more than one welcome offer. This is a great way to build your bankroll. Get a risk-free bet at one site while enjoying a first-deposit match at another one.
- Enjoy the best of what each operator has to offer. Some sites are best for their bet type selection, others have great promotions, while another may have a terrific live-betting platform. This will help optimize your experience.
Try your best to max out each offer because they can only be used once. You want to take full advantage of these bonuses.