New England Patriots (2-5) at New York Jets (0-8)All odds and lines from PointsBet, current as of Thursday at 8:45 a.m. ET.
Patriots Jets Bet Tips
Patriots Jets Odds and Betting Lines
- Against The Spread: Patriots -7.5 (+100)/Jets +7.5 (-121)
- Moneyline: Patriots (-351)/Jets (+265)
- Total: 42.5 — Over 42.5 (-110)/Under 42.5 (-110)
- Implied Team Totals: Patriots 25, Jets 17.5
[esi cache="public" adrotate group="1" ttl="60"]
Patriots Jets Injury Report
- WR Isaiah Ford (recent acquisition), Out
- TE Devin Asiasi (personal), Out
- WR N’Keal Harry (concussion), Questionable
- CB Stephon Gilmore (knee), Questionable
- LB Patrick Onwuasor (knee), Questionable
- WR Jamison Crowder (groin), Questionable
- K Sam Ficken (groin), Questionable
- WR Breshad Perriman (concussion), Questionable
- QB Sam Darnold (shoulder), Questionable
Patriots Jets Players to WatchPatriots RB Damien Harris is one of the bright spots on the reeling club. In two of his past four games, Harris has handled at least 16 carries and has gone for at least 100 yards on the ground. Harris scored his first touchdown of the year last week to go along with his 102 yards on the ground. Facing a Jets defense yielding the seventh-most rushing scores to enemy running backs, the odds are in Harris’ favor to put together his second straight game with a touchdown for the first time in his career. Jets QB Sam Darnold aggravated his previous shoulder injury but will try to play through it on Monday night. While Darnold has played in two games in his career against New England, he never fared-well in those matchups. Darnold has thrown for fewer than 187 yards in each of those matchups with zero touchdowns and four picks. In his last outing against the Patriots, Darnold threw for 87 yards and four picks. If the Jets have a chance to pick up their first win of the season against a bruised and beaten Patriots club, Darnold will have to pitch a perfect game. Darnold has never won a game against New England.
Patriots Jets Weather ReportThe weather report at Met Life Stadium calls for a partly cloudy evening at the time of kickoff with an 0% chance of precipitation. The temperature is forecast at 62 degrees Fahrenheit with 4 mph winds blowing SouthWest.
Patriots Jets Bet Tips
BEST BET: Under 42.5 (-110)Both the Jets and Patriots are in the top five in fewest points scored this season. The Under is 4-0 in New England’s past four games on Monday night. The Under is 4-0 in New York’s past four games overall. The Under is 5-0 in the Jets’ past four games as an underdog. The Under is 7-1 in the last eight games between the Patriots and Jets.
[esi sportsbookgrid num=3 ttl=”0″]
CONSIDER: Patriots -7.5 (+100)The money seems to be going in the Jets’ direction, but I can’t buy into the worst team in the NFL, even when facing a Patriots team that is a shell of itself. The difference in this matchup, as it usually is, is the coach and the quarterback. I will take Bill Belichick and Cam Newton over Adam Gase and Sam Darnold any day. The Patriots are 5-4-1 against the spread in their last 10 meetings with the Jets and 4-1 in their past five. The Patriots are 3-4 ATS this season while the Jets are 1-7.
PASS: Jets (+265)Even when facing an inferior Patriots team, I can’t buy into the Jets. The “any given Sunday" narrative does not apply with an Adam Gase coached team, at least not in 2020. The Patriots are 9-1 against the Jets in their last 10 meetings and have not lost to them since 2015. Anthony Cervino is 14-8-1 on his NFL Best Bets in 2020.
Prepare Week 9 betting tips and plan
- Read our latest NFL news, analysis, tips, predictions and betting tips.
- Learn how to bet on sports, including strategies, key terms, and betting process.
- Watch videos of our latest NFL analysis and predictions from experts.
- Choose the sportsbook and betting offer that fits your budget and strategy.