Louisiana has joined the ever-growing list of states to offer online sports betting. With new sportsbooks competing for your business, there are plenty of lucrative bonus offers coming your way to help you build a bankroll right from the start! Learn about all the top bonus offers, how to claim them, and what sportsbook bonus is right for you.
Louisiana delivered legal online sports betting to the state on launch date of January 28th, 2022. While retail sportsbooks have been in business for a bit of time now, online sportsbooks are different than their retail counterparts.
With online sportsbooks, you will be able to take advantage of welcome bonuses and other promos, which make the playing environment that much more enticing.
Here, we will look at the sportsbooks in the state and discuss welcome bonuses as a whole.
Let’s dive in.
Are Louisiana Sportsbook Promo Codes worth it?
Yes, Louisiana sportsbook promos and absolutely worth it for a multitude of reasons.
Here are some examples as to why:
- High monetary amounts.
- On deposit bonuses, you double your bankroll
- On risk-free bets, you can wager on a team/contest you otherwise may not have.
- Create a great first impression for the sportsbook
- Always pay attention to wagering requirements—the lower the requirements the better the offer is for you!
Best LA Sports Betting Sites With Signup Bonuses
In this section, we will look at six of the best online sportsbooks coming to the state of Louisiana.
DraftKings Sportsbook LA
DraftKings is legal in every state that allows online sports betting and is one of the most recognizable brands in the online gaming industry. DraftKings is always competitive with their odds offered and what sets them apart from other online sportsbooks is that they offer player props regularly, which is a highly profitable way of betting, especially in a day and age where COVID impacts game regularly.
DraftKings also offers daily fantasy sports where you will be able to use funds from your wallet for both platforms. This sportsbook comes with a fantastic mobile app that is a carbon copy of the desktop platform and functions as well as any other online sportsbook in the country today. DraftKings offers live betting and a cash out feature.
FanDuel Sportsbook LA
FanDuel is another online sportsbook that comes with daily fantasy sport capabilities. Right before it got into the online sports betting market, FanDuel merged with Paddy Power Betfair, bringing in their knowledge of the industry from overseas markets and infusing it with the United States market.
Player props are also offered regularly on FanDuel, but it does have a website/mobile app layout that is a bit more vibrant than online sportsbooks and comes with icons to demonstrate the league/sport you want to wager on. At FanDuel, you will be able to take advantage of Odds Boosts, as well as live betting and cash out.
BetMGM Sportsbook LA
BetMGM is another online sportsbook that is also found all over the country. Including Lousiana, BetMGM is right around the 20 territories in terms of the states in which it operates. BetMGM does an excellent job of presenting wagers/boosts at the top of its site, including upcoming contests, and showing the boosts. This allows for easy access to make the wager.
You will find a plethora of sports markets to wager on and BetMGM offers fantastic odds. The only thing about BetMGM is the rewards program, M Life Rewards is not exactly rewarding for more casual players due to the high amount of points needed to reach different tiers. For example, you need to reach 25,000 Tier Credits to go from Sapphire to Pearl (this is a five-tier system). You will earn 9 points per every $50 wagered on straight bets and 12.5 points per $25 wagered on parlay bets.
Caesars Sportsbook LA
Caesars Sportsbook may not offer player props as much as I’d like to see, but it is without a doubt ahead of the industry in a lot of other departments, including promotions. Caesars has now offered a free NFL jersey and NBA jersey and this is something players in Louisiana can also expect to see in the future.
Caesars also offers live betting, cash out, and odds boosts. You will find new odds boosts each and every day and there is a banner atop the site that shows them. The layout of Caesars is fairly bland, but the sports offered, odds offered and intriguing promos make Caesars highly desirable to play at.
TwinSpires Sportsbook LA
TwinSpires is owned and operated by Churchill Downs, Inc. TwinSpires earned its name from the double-spired grandstand at Churchill Downs. With that, you are correct to assume that TwinSpires got its start in gambling with horse racing and is fairly new to online sports betting. TwinSpires come with a blue and white aesthetic that is simple but is still visually appealing.
The branding is consistent, too, in that all of the promo offers’ ads are blue and white. The bet slip exists at all times on the right side of the screen (on desktop) where you’ll be able to constantly see what contests your considering wagering on. TwinSpires also offers Super Odds, which are essentially its version of odds boosts, live betting, and cash out.
It’s also not uncommon to see better lines at TwinSpires, but with a cost in the form of giving up a few points in the juice. For example, it’s not uncommon to see a spread in the NFL that is commonly 3, but at TwinSpires you may get two and the hook, but instead of it being -110, it’s -115, etc.
Barstool Sportsbook LA
Starting as a media company, Barstool’s brand has exploded over the years and now they’re also in the online sportsbook market, too. The layout is much more modern than rival online sportsbooks and their “Quick Pick 6” tool makes creating a six-leg parlay fast and simple. For this mode, you will pick a certain sport and a timeline for days in which you want the picks to extend.
You will then pick six options and wager $1, $2, $5, $10, or $20 and make your wager. Overall, Barstool Sportsbook has not been around as long as some others, but it has all the makings of being a top name in the industry in no time. Live betting and cash out are offered, too.
LA Sportsbook Promo Code vs Bonus Code
Throughout this page and other online sportsbook content we have here at The Game Day, you will see the words “promo” and “bonus” used.
These are mostly interchangeable terms. These both apply to offers from online sportsbooks that not only enhance your playing experience but give you a potential monetary boon, based on the offer and how effectively you use it.
With that said, you will mostly find the word “bonus” used in the context of a welcome offer, whereas “promo” is for ongoing, “static” promotions offered by the online sportsbook.
Do You Need A Louisiana Promo Code?
While promo codes may be needed at a certain online sportsbook, there are instances where they are not required. However, when a promo code is required, you’ll want to make sure you use the appropriate code to unlock the offer.
With that said, whether a promo code is needed or not, we here at The Game Day will have a direct link for you to click to claim the offer.
Be on the lookout for our “Get Bonus” link.
Best Louisiana Sports Betting Promos
Risk-Free Bets have become my favorite type of welcome bonus. With these, you can almost always throw wagering requirements out the window. This offer allows for you to take a swing on an offer that you otherwise may not have if you were using your own cash. With the risk-free bet, yes, it is cash, so if you win, you just keep the winnings. However, if you lose, you will receive the risk-free bet back. The most common method you receive the bet back is with site credit in free bets. It’s common to see this offer in the $500-$1,000 range.
LA Sports Betting Deposit Match
Deposit matches essentially allow for you to double your initial wager. The problem with deposit matches is that some online sportsbooks can make the wagering requirements a bit out of hand. The goal with a deposit bonus is to not only wager more money than you otherwise would have but to always be able to withdraw the bonus you receive. The higher the wagering requirement, the harder that is.
Free Bets are an excellent welcome bonus. Depending on the online sportsbook, you may also get some in addition to a larger offer. Nonetheless, with free bets, you are able to use them without any wagering requirements. On losses, the free bet simply dissipates whereas, on wins, you will keep the winnings from the wager minus the free bet. For example, if you wager a $10 free bet on something with odds of +100, you would typically get $20 if it was done in cash, but with a free bet, you keep the $10.
LA Sports Betting No-Deposit Bonus
A no-deposit bonus is somewhat like a free bet in that you receive a smaller amount of cash to use on wagers. With no-deposit bonuses, you typically receive them just for creating an account. Where no-deposit bonuses and free bets delineate a bit, though, is that no-deposit bonuses come with wagering requirements most of the time, albeit relatively low such as 1x.
Bet & Get
While Bet & Get is my least favorite, the one positive is that you are able to earn the bonus credits at your own pace rather than needing to complete a massive wagering requirement so quickly. However, that can all change when it comes down to time constraints. The whole point of a welcome bonus is to feel that instant gratification and Bet & Get offers do not allow for that. Instead, you may need to wager $25 before receiving $1, for example.
How To Pick the Best LA Sportsbook Promos
- Wagering Requirements: The lower the wagering requirements are, the better. Wagering requirements are what keep you from being able to withdraw a bonus received as cash. So, when you receive a wagering requirement of 25x you will need to wager more in cash to unlock the bonus funds versus if you had a wagering requirement of 1x.
- Odds Restrictions: This is something that can easily slip under the rug, but is quite important. Whenever a bonus has odds restrictions, you have to make sure you stay within those limits, otherwise, you could place a wager that does not help the cause of the bonus or you may not even be able to use the bonus the way it was meant to be used. Of course, the less stringent the odds restrictions are, the more leeway you have in terms of what wager to make to use toward the bonus.
- Time Constraints: We briefly mentioned this with the Bet & Get offer. Time constraints allow you more or less time to complete a wagering requirement. Most of the time you’ll find these to be 30 days, so any time beyond that allows for you to stretch your wagers out over time and pick spots better versus trying to get it all done quickly and potentially losing money in the process.
- Percentage Match: It goes without saying, but the higher the percentage match you receive means the more money you will receive. This could be upward of 100 percent. Anything lower than 100 percent is still fine, of course, but 100 percent or even higher is something to always look for.
- Types of Bets: Some online sportsbooks put limits on what types of wagers you can and cannot leverage toward an offer. This is something to always pay attention to. For example, you may be able to use a free bet, but it cannot be used on live wagers or some other type of market.
How To Use Louisiana Sportsbook Bonuses
- Deposit Bonus: There are a few ways to effectively use a deposit bonus. The first is to either double-up on a wager you were going to make that you feel confident in (assuming the deposit match was at a 100 percent rate). Another tactic to use these is to just expand your per unit wager and keep your account intact for a longer amount of time.
- Risk-Free Bet: With risk-free bets, the way I always recommend using them and how I actively use them is to look at the odds restrictions and use them on an offer that is as close to the line as possible while also believing the team I’m wagering on has a reasonable chance of winning.
- Free Bets: Depending on the amount of the free bet and if you are given multiple free bets, this can greatly change up how to use a free bet. However, since you will lose the offer if you lose, the best bet is to use them similar to how you’d wager if you were using cash.
- No-Deposit Bonus: You can almost use these in a similar way as a deposit bonus. You can use it in addition to a cash wager to increase your wager, or just it by itself to win additional cash.
- Bet & Get: Unfortunately, there is no real best way to use this offer. You simply just need to wager cash in order to get the bonus funds. So, the only recommendation here is to keep up on your wagers to ensure you take full advantage of the offer.
Do LA Sports Betting Bonuses Have Restrictions or Limitations?
Throughout Louisiana Sportsbook bonuses, you will find a series of different restrictions, limitations, and terms and conditions. These mostly revolve around a few of the items mentioned above, such as time constraints, and odds restrictions.
With time constraints, you will need to complete whatever the offer demonstrates within that certain amount of time. If you do not, you will sacrifice the entire offer.
Looking at odds restrictions, it’s not uncommon to see something that says you cannot wager on contests with odds of -200 or greater (-201 and beyond). This is important because if you make a wager on a contest with a line outside of the restrictions, it will not be a valid wager for the offer.
Lastly, the types of wagers are important. You’ll often find language that says “a qualifying wager”. This can apply to not only the odds but the type of wager. Some bonuses will limit what betting types you can engage in that will count toward the offer.
What Are Wagering Requirements?
Going off of the last section, wagering requirements are the biggest restriction/limitation to monitor.
We’ve mentioned them a few times already, but wagering requirements are the number of times in which you must wager the bonus received (and sometimes the deposit made, too, for deposit bonuses) in order to withdraw the bonus cash as actual cash.
Let’s run through an example:
- Offer: 100 percent deposit match up to $1,000
- Wagering Requirement: 10x the bonus received
- Deposit Made: $100
- Bonus Received: $100
With this example in mind, you’d take the wagering requirement and multiply it by the bonus. So, using this example, you’d need to wager $1,000 (10 multiplied by $100) in order to gain access to the $100 bonus as withdrawable cash.
Free Bets vs No-Deposit Bonuses
Free bets and no-deposit bonuses are fairly close in terms of what it means to you to use, but there are differences.
First, though, they are similar in that they can sometimes be add-on offers to a larger bonus and they are also, usually, in a smaller monetary amount ($10-$25).
Free bets, however, do not come with wagering requirements and can be used as a one-time wager where, if you win, you keep the winnings from the wager. The winnings do not include the initial free bet amount.
With a no-deposit bonus, you can use this as a wager and win money. However, you will need to complete the wager requirements it comes with in order to withdraw the no-deposit credit as cash.
Look for More Than One Louisiana Sportsbook Promo
We went over several online sportsbooks here today, but Louisiana has more than that to offer out of the gate and even more to come in the future.
This helps you as a player because you are not beholden to one online sportsbook. Instead, you can join all of these online sportsbooks and take advantage of all of the welcome bonuses.
From here, sure, you can choose your favorite online sportsbook for myriad other reasons, but at first, you do not want to leave any welcome bonus stone left unturned.
So, when online sports betting launches in Louisiana officially, make sure you take advantage of as many welcome bonuses that are within your wagering budget.