World Cup Prop betting gives you an opportunity to follow the most anticipated sporting event in the world at a closer level. You’re able to choose between both player and team outcomes, providing more options than traditional markets like moneylines and totals.
Before putting in your prop wagers, you need to consider a number of factors, including effective strategies, best sportsbooks, and valuable promotions.
In this article, we’ll provide you with an in-depth overview to guide you in this selection process.
How World Cup Prop Betting Works
The World Cup is a tournament that consists of 32 teams from around the world. The first round is a round-robin with eight groups of four. Each team plays the others in their group once and the top two ranks will advance to the next round. From there, we have four knockout rounds before the winner is decided.
Throughout this tournament, you’ll have a chance to place prop bets, which are related to either player or team performance. There are some props that have assigned odds, while others are Over-Under selections.
Here’s an example of each:
- England to win the World Cup (+550)
- Betting $100 would pay $550
- Harry Kane Anytime Goalscorer (-140)
- Risking $140 to win $100
- Total Corners: Over 10 (-120)
- Stake $120 to win $100
- Toni Kroos: Over 50.5 Completed Passes (-110)
- Risk $110 to win $100
Some of these props can be from one game, like Harry Kane Anytime Goalscorer, while others are futures, which are settled at the end of the tournament, like England to win the World Cup.
There are several props that you’ll be able to choose from, such as:
- World Cup Winner
- To Win Group
- To Advance
- Anytime/First/Last Goalscorer
- Total Corners
- Total Tackles
- Total Passes
- Shots on Target
- Clean Sheet
Prop betting is fun because it really requires you to dive into a specific match, thinking about player performance and game flow. It adds another dimension to sports betting and can be a great way to find an edge.
Best World Cup Prop Betting Sites
There are several good sites available for World Cup prop betting, but here are a few of our favorites:
Caesars has become a titan in the sports betting industry, especially following the purchase of William Hill back in 2021. The site is renowned for its lucrative welcome bonuses and robust VIP Rewards System.
You’ll find all of the traditional markets for props at Caesars, including Anytime Goalscorer. Expect to see some useful promos centered around the World Cup, as the site always earns high marks in this regard.
Beyond that, you can enjoy an accessible platform that provides a user-friendly experience for beginners and veterans alike.
DraftKings offers both daily fantasy and sports betting on their platform. You’ll find an organized layout and a sleek interface that helps optimize the user experience here.
The site is always one of the leading providers in the props market, including a comprehensive selection of futures. You’ll enjoy useful promotions like odds boosts, especially during marquee events like the World Cup.
You can feel safe and secure when depositing funds into one of the leaders in the industry.
FanDuel was the pioneer of daily fantasy before expanding to include a sportsbook, which has evolved into one of the most popular in the country, often being among the first operators to emerge in new markets.
They created the Same Game Parlay, which allows users to combine multiple wagers from one game to try to hit that larger payout. This will work well with soccer, as there are several options for props in this market.
The app functions at a high level, so you won’t experience technical issues at FanDuel.
bet365 is considered to be one of the top sportsbooks in the world. It’s renowned for its abundance of betting markets along with an expansive live-betting platform.
Users are able to parlay their in-game wagers, including props. You’re often unable to bet live props, so this is a cool perk that sets bet365 apart from the competition.
Their soccer selection is among the best in the industry as well, so be sure to make bet365 a staple of your World Cup prop betting.
BetMGM is a reputable brand where you can feel safe and secure depositing funds into your account. They have an accessible platform that caters to the needs of both beginners and experienced players.
You’ll enjoy odds boosts along with prepackaged Same Game Parlays here, which include props. The selection for World Cup props will have you feeling satisfied when betting on this market.
The welcome bonus will also have you in a good spot for success in sports betting.
PointsBet is an innovative operator that originated in Australia. They have been able to capture some market share in North America partly because of their unique wager type, known as “PointsBetting."
This is where users have a chance to win more if their selection has a greater winning margin and vice versa if it loses. It’s a thrilling way to bet, so it’s definitely something to try out.
There are enough World Cup props to make PointsBet another top choice for this market.
How To Pick the Best World Cup Prop Betting Sites
There are several factors to think about when betting on World Cup props, such as:
You want there to be several options for World Cup props because this gives you more of a chance to find an edge. There should be props like Anytime Goalscorer, Total Passes Completed, Shots on Target, and more. It’s more fun when you have a wider variety of choices, so this is an important factor to consider.
It’s important that the odds on your props align with the rest of the betting market. You don’t want to be paying inflated prices because this can have an impact on your bankroll in the long run. For example, if one site offers -125 instead of -110, that additional 15 cents means that you’re risking $15 more on a $100 wager.
Make sure that you’re able to create parlays with your props, whether it’s in the same game or multiple matches. This gives you an opportunity to hit a higher payout, so you want to have that option at your disposal. You can even combine correlated outcomes to increase your win probability.
Promotions are huge because they add more value to your wagers, such as odds boosts, which enhance the moneyline of a selected event. Welcome bonuses are another important promo because you often get bet credits after registering for an account, such as a first-deposit match, where your balance is doubled up to a maximum amount.
World Cup Prop Betting Promotions
There are a bunch of promotions to consider when betting World Cup props, such as the following:
- Odds Boosts: The moneyline is enhanced on a certain event. For example, Lionel Messi may be boosted from -140 to +120 to score at any time in the match. That’s a 60-cent gain in odds, which means that your wager will pay more.
- Parlay Insurance: This is where you are refunded if your parlay of at least four legs ends up missing by one. It’s often provided as a free bet that can range from $5 to $20.
- Parlay Boosts: You get additional winnings if your parlay of four or more ends up winning. Your bonus profit increases if your parlay is larger. For example, a six-teamer would get more in bonuses than a parlay with four legs.
Best World Cup Prop Bets
There are so many props to choose from, so it’s best to narrow down your focus to specific player props and futures.
- Anytime Goalscorer: Choose a player to score at any time in the match. This is preferred over “First" or “Last" goalscorer because it’s hard to determine at what point the goal will happen.
- Total Passes Completed: This is a good one because you can project when some of the high-usage midfielders will complete more passes. For example, Toni Kroos would be great in a matchup where Germany is expected to retain the majority of possession throughout the match.
- Shots on Target: You can focus on attacking players who will have numerous opportunities for scoring chances because of a good matchup. You may also choose the safer option in going with Shots Attempted, as these don’t need to be on goal.
- Total Tackles: Here’s a good prop to take on a defender or central midfielder who will have to be active, as the opposing attack projects to have a lot of chances. For example, if you take a player on an underdog team, there’s a good chance they’ll have more opportunities to make a tackle, since they’ll have possession at a lower rate.
- World Cup Winner: Choosing the potential champion at longer odds is a great way to find value.
- Group Winner: Pick the team that finishes first in their group.
- To Advance to 2nd Round: Select a team that you believe is underpriced and can pull off an upset.
I prefer to steer clear from team props like Total Corners because it’s easier to project player performance, as you can take a look at their usage and matchup.
Make sure to target value on your futures props, since they are settled at the end of the tournament. You don’t want to be tying up your bankroll on plays with shorter odds.
World Cup Prop Betting Strategy
Here’s what you should do when attacking the props market in the World Cup:
- Start by placing a futures bet on a couple of teams to win the tournament.
- Choose a few dark horses to advance out of the group stage.
- Target games with high totals because that means they’re projected to be high-scoring.
- Look for players that are in good spots for heavy usage such as Luka Modric in a game that projects to see a lot of goals, which could mean more passes for the Croatian midfielder.
- Focus on props that are easier to project, such as Anytime Goalscorer and Total Passes Completed.
- Stay away from team props or longshots like First Goalscorer because these are lower probability bets.
- Always search the live betting market because this can be a great way to find value, including on props.
Benefits of World Cup Prop Betting Online
There are numerous benefits involved with placing a World Cup Prop wager online, such as the following:
- Make your selection from the comfort of your personal electronic device. You don’t have to travel to your local sportsbook and wait in line. This makes the process much more convenient.
- You’ll have access to an abundance of information available on the Internet, helping you research your play.
- The customer support team is easily accessible, so any potential issues can be quickly resolved.
- Take advantage of lucrative welcome bonuses and useful promotions at a betting site.
- Find value in an in-game wager on a live prop.
How to Place a World Cup Prop Bet Online
Placing a World Cup Prop Bet online is an easy process, just follow these steps:
- Click one of your links to get to the sportsbook’s landing page.
- Sign up for an account by inputting your personal information.
- Type in our promo code to activate the welcome bonus.
- If you already have an account, you can just sign in with your username and password.
- Go to “Soccer" or “World Cup."
- Click your desired game to open up the props market.
- Select your preferred bet to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Type in your stake and click “Place Bet."
Where Can I Legally World Cup Prop Bet Online?
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Choose More Than One World Cup Prop Betting Site
It’s important to choose more than one World Cup Prop betting site for the following reasons:
- Shop around for the best odds using our Odds Comparison Tool, which does the heavy lifting for you.
- Take advantage of multiple welcome bonuses from different sites, adding bet credits to your bankroll.
- Each sportsbook has its own specialization, so joining a bunch will optimize the user experience.
Be sure to max out each offer because it can only be used once, so you want to take full advantage.