Parlay betting is a thrilling wager because of the potential to hit a big payout while risking less money. Players have a chance to put together two or more of their favorite bets to try to either reduce risk in odds or win a longshot.
Soccer, also known as football around the world, works perfectly with parlays because there are so many options at your disposal. Whether you like traditional markets like full-game totals or prefer player props like anytime goalscorers, there is no shortage of plays you can make in the “Beautiful Game."
Let’s take an in-depth look at how to approach parlays in soccer.
How Soccer Parlay Betting Works
Soccer parlay betting involves combining two or more bet types into one wager. You need to win each leg in order for your bet to hit. You’re able to choose most bet types, including moneyline, totals, and props. The payout depends on the odds of each selection along with the number of wagers. There are also Same Game Parlays, which we’ll dive into later in this article.
Let’s take a look at an example of two parlays, one with five legs and one with two bets.
Parlay 1: +320 odds, risk $100 to win $320
- Manchester United Moneyline (-300)
- Chelsea Moneyline (-400)
- Manchester City Moneyline (-500)
- Tottenham Moneyline (-250)
- Arsenal Moneyline (-200)
Since each of these bets has low odds, the final payout isn’t as high for a 5-teamer.
Parlay 2: +650 odds, risk $100 to win $650
- Leicester City Moneyline (+150)
- Newcastle United Moneyline (+200)
Even though this bet has two legs, it has a greater payout because each selection has higher odds.
Parlay betting can be fun and profitable, but be sure to manage your risk and limit the number of wagers. It’s difficult to win even a two-teamer, so the more additions you make, the harder it will be, especially on your bankroll.
Best NFL Parlay Betting Sites
bet365 Sportsbook classifies itself as the “World’s Largest Sportsbook," so it’s no surprise that it thrives in the soccer betting market. This is a platform with a ton of options that work well with parlay betting.
You’re able to cash out of your bet early, which is great if you want to secure a victory without risking another leg. Not only do you have a chance to create Same Game Parlays with numerous player props, but you can even create parlays for live betting.
This is a feature not often provided by other operators, so be sure to take advantage of bet365 today.
FanDuel Sportsbook started out as a pioneer in the daily fantasy sports industry before branching out to include what has become the most popular betting site in the country.
They created Same Game Parlays, which have spread like wildfire throughout the iGaming space. Players love to shoot for the moon with combinations of player props from a single game, so this is a great feature for your soccer wagers.
You’ll enjoy a user-friendly experience at FanDuel, making it another good choice.
DraftKings Sportsbook was originally one of the first daily fantasy sports operators, but it’s now become one of the leading platforms in the United States.
You’ll find a sleek interface at DraftKings, making it easily accessible to find your desired betting market. There are useful promotions frequently available, such as odds boosts that enhance the moneylines of selected events.
The site also features a comprehensive selection of props, so be sure to try out DraftKings for your soccer parlays.
BetMGM Sportsbook carries the reputable MGM Resorts brand which is a giant in the casino industry. The company partnered with Entain Holdings to create this betting site that has taken the nation by storm.
It’s easy to find what you’re looking for due to the site’s search bar function. There are also pre-arranged parlays, allowing you to place your bet more efficiently.
The site has an expansive live-betting platform with live streaming available, giving you a chance to sweat out your bet in real-time.
Caesars Sportsbook evolved into a titan in the iGaming space following the purchase of reputable European site William Hill in 2021. The site features one of the most lucrative welcome bonuses in the industry.
You’ll also gain access to an unmatched VIP Rewards system, where you rack up points that can be redeemed for cool prizes like hotel accommodations and dinner reservations at Caesars properties.
There are also enough bet types to satisfy your parlay cravings at Caesars.
How To Pick the Best Soccer Parlay Betting Sites
Here are some key factors to consider when selecting your soccer parlay betting site:
- Welcome Bonus: Each site has a new-player offer, but the best type is a deposit bonus. This is because you get bet credits just for funding your account. The higher the maximum, the better the promo, so look out for this as well.
- Promotions: There are valuable promos like Parlay Insurance, which give you back bet credits if your parlay loses by only one leg. This is a nice consolation prize that should be valued when choosing your platform.
- Bet Types: You want your sportsbook to include more than just traditional markets like moneyline and totals. There should be props available to be used in parlays as well.
- Same Game Parlays: Some operators may not have this feature available, while others only allow a limited selection of bet types. You want your site to not only allow Same Game Parlays, but feature a number of options for you, specifically with player props.
- Live Betting: It’s a nice bonus to be able to parlay in-game wagers because this is another way to find value, especially if you’re watching the game.
- Pre-Arranged Parlays: Sometimes you may want to place a quick parlay without thinking about which selections to include. Having the option for pre-packaged combinations can be convenient at times.
Soccer Parlay Betting Promotions
Soccer parlay promos primarily consist of Parlay Insurance, Parlay Bonuses, and Odds Boosts.
Parlay Insurance is an offer where you are provided with bet credits if your wager loses by one leg. This is a way of giving the player some money back to compensate for the bad beat of the close loss.
You’ll usually find minimum requirements on stake and selections within this offer. For example, it may be something like bet at least $25 on four or more selections.
Some sites give you additional winnings if your parlay hits, depending on how many legs. The larger your parlay, the higher the percentage of added profit provided with this Parlay Bonus.
Odds boosts enhance the moneylines of selected events. While they’re usually only available on straight wagers, there are some pre-arranged parlays that have boosted odds, which are valuable.
Best Soccer Parlay Bets
While each bet type is in play for a parlay, some are more suitable than others.
The best wager is moneylines, where you choose a team to win in 90 minutes (plus stoppage time). You’ll notice that it can be difficult to lay a straight bet on a favorite because the odds are too expensive, which makes them better to be used in parlays, where you won’t be risking as much of your bankroll.
You may also go with totals, selecting Over or Under on the combined score in a match. It’s better to stick to the full game rather than the first or second half because it’s tough enough to determine how many goals will be scored, let alone when they will occur.
Player props are great as well because these are easier to project. The best market to target is Anytime Goalscorer. If your player is a striker who scores at a high rate, you can parlay them with another similar type of player. While the odds will be expensive in this case, the risk will be reduced because it’s in a parlay rather than straight bet.
The next best choice would be Same Game Parlays, which have taken the industry by storm. Find out more about this bet type below.
Soccer Same Game Parlays
What are Soccer Same Game Parlays and how do they work?
Same Game Parlays are when you combine several bet types from one game to create a parlay.
Here’s an example of one, using the recent Champions League Final between Liverpool and Real Madrid, at +1100 odds:
- Match Result - Draw: the game must be tied after 90 minutes
- Both Teams to Score: both teams score at least one goal in the first 90 minutes
- Karim Benzema Over 2.5 Shots: does not need to be on target
- Ferland Mendy Over 0.5 Tackles: a tackle is when they dispossess the opposing attacker
- Toni Kroos Over 46.5 Passes: passes must be completed
When creating a Same Game Parlay, you want to construct a narrative on how the match may play out.
In this case, I projected a 1-1 result, with Real Madrid getting their fair share of possession. If they had the ball more, chances are that Benzema would have taken more shots and Kroos would have completed more passes.
Since Liverpool is an attacking team, that meant that Mendy would get more action on the wing, giving him more opportunities to make a tackle.
Keep in mind that if you make your parlays too correlated, they will become redundant and won’t affect the odds. For example, if I took Benzema Over 2.5 Shots and Anytime Goal, this will be lower odds for my parlay than if I didn’t play those two props together.
Check to see what your sportsbook allows you to play with this bet type because some platforms have more options than others.
How to Place a Soccer Parlay Bet Online
Placing a soccer parlay bet online is a simple process, just follow these steps:
- Click one of your links to access your betting site
- Input our promo code to unlock the welcome bonus
- Deposit funds into your account using one of the many banking methods
- Get to the Soccer betting market
- Select your preferred wagers to add to your Bet Slip
- Type in your stake to see your potential winnings
- Place your bet
Soccer Parlay Betting Strategy
Your soccer parlay betting strategy starts with money management. Risk more of your bankroll on combinations of safer results and be sure to limit the number of wagers within your parlay.
For example, let’s say that I wanted to use $100 on soccer parlays on a day’s slate of English Premier League matches.
I put $50 on a two-team parlay consisting of two heavy favorites, like Manchester City (-300) and Liverpool (-200). This would come in at +100 odds, paying out a total of $100 ($50 stake plus $50 profit).
Next, I would use $25 on a Same Game Parlay. Perhaps I can combine Harry Kane Anytime Goalscorer (-150) with Tottenham to win (-150), which would pay +233 odds. It’s a bit riskier of a wager, but it’s not something totally outlandish.
I would use the remaining $5 to create five different longshot parlays, four of which are capped at four selections and +500 odds. I’d use the last parlay to create a total “shoot for the moon" bet that can pay +2500 to +5000 odds. This is a way to try to a hit a home run.
With this strategy, my original parlay would ideally act as insurance to help cover any potential losses with my other wagers. This would be the key bet to win to ensure that my day will be profitable.
Overall, the main takeaway here is to limit your risk by including a safer parlay. Don’t go crazy by constantly trying to it a longshot because that’s a sure way to drain your bankroll.
Benefits of Soccer Parlay Betting Online
There are numerous benefits to placing a soccer parlay wager online, such as:
- Convenience: Place your bet from the comfort of your own home on your personal electronic device
- Promotions: Get access to lucrative welcome bonuses and valuable promotions to help you succeed
- Information: Quickly find any pertinent information on the Internet while researching your selection
- Support: Customer service is available on multiple platforms, allowing any issue to be resolved efficiently
- Payment: Deposit or withdraw funds with a few clicks of a button with several convenient methods.
- Live Betting: Put in a live bet while watching the game to find value on odds
Where Can I Legally Soccer Parlay Bet Online?
You can legally place a soccer parlay bet online in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Choose More Than One Soccer Parlay Betting Site
In order to optimize your soccer parlay betting venture, you need to choose more than one site. Here’s why:
- Odds: Shop around multiple sites to find the best line, saving you money in the long run.
- Promotions: Rack up bet credits by securing multiple welcome bonuses from more than one platform.
- Optimization: Each sportsbook specializes in certain areas, such as live betting, promotions, and more. Using more than one platform helps you get the best of what each site has to offer.
Remember that these bonuses are one-time offers, so be sure to try your best to maximize the bonus so that you can fully take advantage of the bet credits provided.