FanDuel DFS Review & Bonus
It is difficult to think of Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) and not immediately also think of FanDuel. Along with DraftKings, FanDuel shares a spot atop the daily fantasy sports industry in terms of powerhouse brands. In addition to DFS, the operator also offers its users sportsbook and online casino platforms in states where it is legal.
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, you will find a contest to meet your needs at FanDuel, from the NFL to League of Legends.
Overview of FanDuel DFS
Operational in almost every state
Contests cover wide range of sports and markets
Daily GPP tournaments with massive payouts
Best Ball for NFL
Strong presence of DFS experts (sharks)
Website is difficult to navigate
Limited DFS promotions
- Mobile experience10/10
- Payment options8/10
FanDuel DFS QUICK FACTS
DFS, Sports Betting, Casino
43 States (Not Available in LA, NV, ID, HI, MT, WA)
“This page contains references to products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. This compensation does not impact our opinions in this review or elsewhere about these products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Affiliate Policy, please visit this page. Thank you.”
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports Hands-on Review
The FanDuel brand was established in 2009 by Nigel Eccles, Lesley Eccles, Tom Griffiths, Rob Jones, and Chris Stafford. In its infancy, FanDuel held contests based on NFL seasons and games and was categorized as a web-based prediction market game.
Pivoting to DFS in July of 2009, FanDuel began its ascension to the top of the daily fantasy sports industry’s food chain. Today, along with DraftKings, FanDuel is one of the most recognizable brands in all of sports while establishing partnerships with numerous professional sports leagues that include the NBA, NFL, and UFC.
FanDuel is not just daily fantasy anymore, either. They offer an online sportsbook, an online casino, and horse racing as well. While these platforms are limited in terms of what states they’re legal in, their DFS platform is fully operational in 43 states.
From top to bottom, there is something for everyone at FanDuel DFS. Not only do they cater to beginners with their in-depth how-to-play content as well as contests that ban experienced players from clogging up the player pool, but they also feature free-to-play contests with real prizes.
Although FanDuel does run a new-user sign-up promotion, their regular promos for current users are at a minimum. To make up for it, FanDuel’s rewards program (Players Club) is terrific, attainable, and based on how much a user plays. You will also find free-play vouchers sitting in your notifications tab, as well as a slew of free games available.
FanDuel isn’t on the cheap end for promotions, however. You will find more aggressive promos at their sportsbook and online casino.
Lastly, FanDuel offers their own research branch to make any user — novice or expert — a better DFS player. Not only is FanDuel partnered with numberFire, one of the most notable advisory sites in the industry, but they also feature “The Duel,” their own sports news, predictions, and advisory sister site.
How Does FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports Work?
DFS is a daily-formatted concept of fantasy sports. Rather than drafting a team and being linked to it for an entire season, you draft your team once per contest.
In other words, if you draft a team and it is a dud and/or injury-riddled, you can try again the next day or later in the same day/night, depending on the sport you are playing and the schedule on a given day.
Here is a quick run-down on how it works:
- Go to the FanDuel lobby and choose the sport you want to play.
- Then, choose the contest and type of contest (cash or GPP).
- Now, you will draft your team, but make sure you stay at or under the salary cap.
- Remember, everyone can have the same players from the player pool unless otherwise noted (Best Ball). Keep ownership percentage in mind.
- In order to win, you must score more points than your opponents.
- If you place in a position to win a prize, you will be paid a percentage of the total pot.
Is FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports Legit?
Yes! FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports is legit and legal. Established in 2019, FanDuel has grown into one of the most recognizable brands in the fantasy sports and gaming industry.
While FanDuel partnered with multiple professional sports leagues that include the NFL, MLB, and NBA, they are licensed and regulated by the individual states in which the platform is legal.
Can You Win Real Money Playing at FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports?
Yes! You can win real money at FanDuel DFS as long as you are playing within the limits of a state in which the DFS and the FanDuel platform are legal.
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports Signup Bonus
To get the FanDuel signup bonus, all you need to do is click on one of our “Get Bonus" links to activate the offer and then sign up.
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports No-Deposit Bonus
Currently, a no-deposit bonus is not available at FanDuel DFS.
The FanDuel DFS signup offer comes with a free DFS contest entry when you register for FanDuel DFS.
My FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports App Experience
The FanDuel DFS platform is available in-app from both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (Android). To download at either app store, you need to visit your device’s store, search for “FanDuel DFS” and download the app. I am using the Apple version of the app for this review.
Once you download the app, you will be asked to log in and verify your location. From here, you can get into the action.
Contrary to FanDuel’s webpage, their app is not as cluttered. It is much easier to use for a beginner than the desktop platform. At the very top right, you will see a button that looks like a megaphone. That is where you will find notifications.
Directly below, you will find three navigation buttons:
- Discovery: Discovery is similar to the homepage on the website. You will find contests catered to a user’s playing history, contests with the biggest prizes, the latest promotions to other FanDuel platforms, and daily spotlighted contests, rewards, and free plays (if applicable).
- All Contests: if you click on the “All Contests” button, it will take you to every active contest FanDuel is offering on a given day. Obviously, you need to get to where you are going by clicking on buttons and submenus for different sports.
- Sportsbook: If you click on the “Sportsbook” tab, it will bring you to what appears to be a screenshot of the FanDuel online sportsbook homepage. If you click anywhere on it, you will be redirected to your app store to download the FanDuel Sportsbook app. If you already have the app, you will be redirected to the app itself to place wagers.
At the very bottom of the app, you will find another menu. Here are the buttons and what they do from left to right:
- Lobby: The “Lobby” button is essentially your home button. It will take you back to the initial Discovery page. You will also find contests to enter here.
- Upcoming: Here, you will find any upcoming contest you have entered. In the “Upcoming” section, you will also be able to swap players in and out of your lineup before the contest locks.
- Scores: You will find scores to any active contest that has already started in the “Scores” section.
- Friends: You can access Friends Mode with the “Friends” button. Here, you can invite new friends to join, create new private contests and keep track of current ones as well.
- Account: In this section, you will be able to access the following features:
- Account settings
- Account balance
- Banking options
- Active promotions
- Playing history
The FanDuel DFS app is clean, aesthetically pleasing, and fast. I prefer the app to the desktop version of the platform.
Should You Play at FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports?
FanDuel was the first DFS platform I have ever played on. In fact, it is still my numero uno to this day, despite the fact that I prefer Draftkings’ full PPR scoring system in NFL games compared to FanDuel’s 0.5-point PPR format.
Now, let’s keep it real. If you’ve read any of my sportsbook reviews, you’ll know that I play/wager on multiple sites. The same goes for DFS. This is important to know because, despite the variance, FanDuel is still my preferred choice.
Although the FanDuel homepage/lobby will appear cluttered to a newbie, that is something you will get used to. And aesthetically, FanDuel is second to none. The blue and white color scheme is easy on the eye and their interface’s ease-of-use provides an outstanding overall experience for all users.
Obviously, the lobby has all the active games and sports markets you can play on a given day, but that’s not all. You can easily access your account, baking options, and rewards at the top-right menu bar. At the top left, you will find buttons that will take you to the lobby, live games, your contest history, and one that really sticks out — a “Research” button.
If you tap this button, it will redirect you to all the information you need to make you a better DFS player while giving you an edge in the current contest you’re setting a lineup for.
As you scroll the FanDuel homepage, you will find that it is self-explanatory and easy to navigate. Notably, it features contests catered to a user’s playing history in the first section while letting you know the active contests with the greatest prize polls directly below.
While scrolling down past the aforementioned sections, keep your eyes peeled for tremendous offers to FanDuel’s online sportsbook, casino, and racing platforms. In another section closer to the bottom of the page, FanDuel will show you their spotlight promotions and contests for the day.
From top to bottom, FanDuel’s website is one of the best in the industry, which is to be expected. If you have never played there, I implore you to give them a shot.
How to Join FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports
Joining FanDuel DFS is easy. Here is how:
- You can easily register with your Facebook account by hitting the “Continue with Facebook” button. Otherwise, you will need the below information to sign up.
- Form 1: Email, Username, Password.
- If you were referred to FanDuel by a friend or other outlet, you will enter their username in this section as well.
- Next, FanDuel will ask you to claim your bonus and pick your favorite sport. After doing so, you will get to the verification form to verify your identity.
- Form 2: Legal First Name, Last Name, Country, Zip Code, DOB.
- All set! Enjoy playing DFS.
Payment Methods Available
There is a $5 minimum deposit requirement for all methods.
- Credit Debit Card
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
- Check: 7-10 days to process plus the time it takes for the mail to get to your home.
- PayPal: Could take up to 48 hours to process.
- Online Banking: 3-5 days to process.
Leagues You Can Wager On
- Esports (League of Legends, ENASCAR, CSGO, Rocket League, COD, Valorant, etc.)
- KBO (Baseball)
- Soccer (EPL, Olympics, UCL, Euros, BUN)
Games You Can Play
- Beginners Only: Players with experience are not allowed in this contest.
- Beat the Score: Tournaments in which the prize pools are shared between the winners. To win, FanDuel presets a score to beat.
- Friends Mode: A private league to create and play with your friends.
- Tournaments (GPPs): A large tournament with a massive prize pool that is guaranteed.
- Multipliers: Depending on the type of multiplier you join, the winners can double, triple or quadruple their money.
- Head-to-Head: Play against one person.
- 3-100 Players Mode: Play in a tournament format but in a smaller capacity compared to GPPs.
- 50/50s: You must finish in the top half of the player pool to win.
- Satellites and Qualifiers: Play in this game type to win tickets to a larger contest.
- Single Game: This is a salary cap-style contest for one game off the slate.
- Daily Snake: This is a live draft that is performed with your opponents. No one can have the same player on their team.
- Best Ball: Live draft with your opponents. No one can have the same players. Once your draft is complete, the computer will set your weekly lineup with the highest-scoring players. This is season long with no trades or other roster management.
FanDuel DFS offers rewards, which can be tracked at your rewards center. Within the rewards center, you will find the latest perks you can access. You will also find out how many points you need to reach the next level tier in the Players Club as well as any free-play vouchers available to you.
The Players Club is FanDuel’s loyalty program. All users are automatically enrolled for free. According to how much you play and how many FanDuel Points you earn, Players Club members will get special perks and rewards. For example, how many FanDuel Points you earn in April will determine your Players Club status for May.
Here are the Customer Support options FanDuel DFS offers to its users:
- Support Button: At the bottom right-hand side of the website, you will find a “Support” button. Here, you will find pre-determined questions and answers, but if that doesn’t fulfill your needs, you can also leave a message with their support team. If after hours, the support team will get back to you.
- Live Chat: You can find the live chat feature within the “Support” button. However, the FanDuel live chat is no longer a 24-hour service. When using the service during off-hours, you will be limited to a support bot.
- Live Chat Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. ET.
- Email: email@example.com
- Submit a Ticket: You can submit a ticket to FanDuel and they will get back to you in a timely manner. On the ticket, you will include your email address, your reason for contact, and a description of your dilemma.
- FanDuel Support (Twitter): @FanDuel_Support
- Phone Number: (646-930-0860)
States Where You Can Bet At FanDuel DFS
FanDuel DFS is currently available in every state except for the following:
Does FanDuel Have An Online Sportsbook?
Yes! FanDuel has an online sportsbook and casino. To access them, you must download a separate app.
FanDuel Sportsbook is among the gaming industry’s elite when it comes to all-around user experience. From a vast amount of legal states to wager into an array of bet types and markets to wager on to their impressive promotions and rewards program that can change by the day, FanDuel Sportsbook has something for every user both novice and expert.