Wyoming Sports Betting Online | Best WY Sportsbooks
Your Guide to WY Betting Sites
Wyoming has legalized sports betting and is now operational as of September 1, 2021. The state has introduced a fully online platform, as there aren’t any retail casinos or professional sports venues for physical sportsbooks.
Sports betting has been highly successful for the Colorado sports betting market, which borders Wyoming to the south, making it likely that this influenced this decision.
Wyoming has the smallest population in the country without much of a history with gambling, so it’s exciting for residents to finally have an opportunity to place a wager in their home state!
Can I Bet on Sports in Wyoming?
Sports betting went live in Wyoming on September 1, 2021, so you are now able to bet on sports in the state.
Do I Have to be a Resident of WY to Bet Online?
You do not need to be a resident of Wyoming to bet online, you just need to be within the state while placing a wager.
Similar to other online gambling providers, Wyoming uses geolocation and IP monitoring to check that each user is within state borders while engaging in sports betting.
What Is the Legal Betting Age in Wyoming?
The legal betting age is 18-years-old in Wyoming.
Why Should I Join a WY Betting Site?
Wyoming is a fun and safe experience. Here are some reasons why you should feel secure when placing a wager in the state:
- Each legal sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Wyoming Gaming Control Board in compliance with federal law.
- With sports betting being fully online, it allows you to place a bet within the comfort of your own home or while on your device while running errands.
- Sportsbooks offer great welcome bonuses and other promotions for users.
- Betting sites within the state will provide fair and consistent betting markets.
- Payment is safe and secure with a variety of deposit and withdrawal options.
- Customer service is timely and helpful, making it painless and easy to solve any potential issues.
Why Avoid Offshore Sportsbooks
- Offshore sportsbooks are unregulated and are held to lower standards of operation.
- It is illegal for offshore sportsbooks to process financial transactions so there are fewer deposit and withdrawal methods.
- With it being illegal, mainstream credit card companies will often deny payments to and from offshore sites.
- Since offshore sportsbooks cannot operate in the United States, users are often asked to convert their money to cryptocurrency to help overcome this.
- With the illegal nature of offshore sportsbooks, there’s no guarantee you will be paid out.
- Customer support is very limited which will make it difficult to resolve any issues that come up.
- There are fewer betting options, welcome bonuses, and other promotions.
Wyoming Sports Betting Sites
Let’s take a look at some of the best sports betting sites available in Wyoming as well as a few that will become operational in the future.
DraftKings started off as a daily fantasy sports platform before evolving into one of the most popular betting sites in the country. It’s often one of the first operators to enter new markets. DraftKings was among the first sportsbooks to open up in Wyoming.
Bettors are able to play daily fantasy and engage in sports betting while on the site. There is a comprehensive selection of bet types and betting markets, including several player props. The mobile app is user-friendly with a sleek interface.
You’ll also find multiple payment options, so you can feel secure depositing funds into your account. Keep an eye out for any useful promotions and enjoy the welcome bonus once you sign up for an account.
BetMGM was created after MGM Resorts partnered with Entain Holdings. It’s a popular sportsbook that was among the first to become operational in Wyoming. The company has established itself as one of the most trusted brands in the industry.
The sportsbook features everything you need as a sports bettor, including an organized layout that makes each betting market easily accessible. There is also an “Easy Parlay" option that helps make it easier for inexperienced bettors, as it guides you while building your parlay.
BetMGM includes several pre-built same game parlays in case you’re short on time and want to put in a quick bet. There are even odds boosts on selected events, providing you with more value on your wagers.
FanDuel is considered one of the pioneers in the daily fantasy sports industry. We can also call it one of the most popular sportsbooks in the country after the company dove into sports betting in 2018.
The betting site created Same Game Parlays, which have become among the most popular bet types in the industry. This is great because you can combine various bet types, such as moneylines, point spreads, and player props for a chance at larger payouts.
The site was approved to set up shop in Wyoming in November 2021. It should go live in the near future.
PointsBet was created in Australia, but it has spread across the country due to the popularity of its innovative bet type known as Points Betting.
This allows bettors to win more money on their wagers if their pick has a larger winning margin. While you can also lose more depending on the losing margin, this high-risk, high-reward approach is appealing due to the upside.
The sportsbook was approved for operation in Wyoming in February 2022, so we can expect it to be available shortly.
How Do I Join Wyoming Sports Betting Sites?
Every sportsbook sets out to make the registration process as easy and efficient for players as it possibly can. As a general guide, you will usually need to complete the following steps:
- Choose your preferred sportsbook and click on one of our “Get Bonus” or “Claim Now” buttons to activate the welcome bonus.
- If you found the site on your own, plug in one of our promo codes to make sure you receive your bonus.
- Fill out the registration (such as name, address, email, upload photo ID, etc.).
- Agree to all terms of service and hit submit, which completes the process and triggers your bonus.
- You will receive an email confirmation for your records.
- Click ‘Deposit’ and choose a banking method.
- Deposit money into your new account. If receiving a deposit match bonus, both your money and the bonus will appear in your account.
- Begin placing wagers.
How To Fund My Account
It’s an easy process to fund your account. You can find the process written below.
Whether it’s your first deposit or you’re a long-time customer, depositing is an easy process:
- Click Deposit or Add Funds
- Choose your preferred banking method
- Enter the amount you want to deposit
- If using an eWallet such as PayPal, enter your password
- The site will verify the process is complete and it will be reflected in your deposit
- Check for a confirmation email from the sportsbook
The withdrawal process is quick and easy. You can find the steps below:
- Click ‘Withdraw’ on the sportsbook desktop or mobile app.
- Choose a method of withdrawal.
- Enter the amount you want to take out.
- If using an eWallet such as PayPal, you will need to type in your password to complete the transaction.
- Your balance will reflect the withdrawal and you will receive an email confirmation.
Whether you’re looking to deposit or withdraw funds, each sportsbook will have plenty of options to choose from.
When it comes to depositing money into your account, the transaction is instant, allowing you to place your wager right away. For withdrawals, the process takes 24-48 hours.
Some of the deposit options include:
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Discover)
- Prepaid Cards
- Play+ Cards
While there are fewer withdrawal options than with deposits, there are still enough options to make the process timely and efficient:
- Play+ Prepaid Cards
- Check By Mail
- Cash At Casino Cage
How to Download a Wyoming Betting App
Sportsbook apps are the main way to bet on sports in the state of Wyoming. Downloading sportsbook apps to your phone/mobile device are quick and easy. Below is the step-by-step process for both iOS and Android:
- Go to the Apple app store
- Select the sportsbook mobile app
- Click on the app and click “Get”
- Confirm the installation with verification
- Wait for the app to download
- Deposit, withdraw, or place a wager on your selected sportsbook
- Open Google Play and use the Play Store app
- Select the sportsbook mobile app
- Click ‘Download’
- Deposit, withdraw, or place a wager on your selected sportsbook
- If the sportsbook mobile app is not available on the app store, you can download it from the desktop site.
What Sports Can I Bet on in WY?
Sports bettors in Wyoming are able to place a wager on any of the sports provided by the eligible sportsbooks that are operational in the state. You don’t need to worry about missing on a potential bet that is only available in another state. The list of options includes:
- Football (NFL, NCAA)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Motorsports (NASCAR, Formula 1)
- Winter Sports
Each sportsbook has its own rules and regulations, so not every sportsbook follows the same guidelines. There are, however, certain restrictions that all sports bettors must follow in the state of WY. Below are the following restrictions:
- The only restriction is that you cannot bet on high school sports teams.
Local Sports Teams to Bet on
Since Wyoming has the smallest population in the United States, there aren’t any professional sports teams within the state. However, you can bet Wyoming in college sports.
The state borders Colorado, which includes several professional teams, so we’ll include them in this list.
The following teams are local to the state of Wyoming and Colorado:
- Wyoming Cowboys (NCAA)
- Denver Broncos
- Colorado Rockies
- Denver Nuggets
- Colorado Avalanche
- Colorado Rapids
Bet Types Available
- Moneyline: Each team in a game has a moneyline, which determines your risk and reward on any given wager. For example, if the Blue Jays are favored to defeat the Orioles with a moneyline of -125, you would risk $12.50 to win $10.00. On the other hand, if you bet on the Orioles in that same game at +105, you would risk $10.00 to win $10.50. Moneyline bets only require your chosen team to win the game, it does not matter by how many runs, goals, or points.
- Point Spread: Each game has a point spread in football and basketball. For example, if the Chiefs are favored by -10.5 against the Raiders, that means the Chiefs need to win by 11 or more points for you to win your bet. If you chose the Raiders at +10.5, you would win if the Raiders lost by 10 or less or if they won outright. In baseball and hockey, they also have point spreads, but they’re known as run lines (MLB) and puck lines (NHL). In this case, if you bet on the Yankees -1.5 over the Orioles, that means you need them to win by two or more runs. If you bet on the Orioles at +0.5, you win if the Orioles win outright or lose by one run. You can find point spreads in soccer as well.
- Totals: Each game is assigned a total of runs, goals, or points. You need to bet on the over or under. For example, if I bet the over on 51.5 points in a game between the Cowboys and Eagles, I need the two teams to combine for 52 or more points in order to win my bet. There are also team totals, where you bet over or under on how much a team will score individually.
- Props: Prop bets allow you to bet on a specific player’s or team’s stats. For example, if I bet on over 250.5 yards thrown by Patrick Mahomes, I need him to throw for 251 yards or more. Prop bets have increased in popularity due to fantasy sports. Most sportsbooks offer a diverse selection of prop bets on players from various sports.
- Live Betting: Live betting is when you place a wager after the game has already started. Live betting markets are updated in real-time based on the latest development in the game. For example, let’s say you bet on the Packers at -200 to beat the Lions, but the Lions are winning after the first quarter. You can now bet on the Lions to win at a reduced price.
- Futures: A futures bet is when you place a wager on a result that won’t be decided until the season or playoffs are completed. You can bet on team futures like division winners, conference winners, champions, season win totals, and much more. You can also bet on player futures like season awards, total stats, and many others.
- Parlays: A parlay is when you combine two or more bets for a higher payout. You need to win each of your bets in order to win money from your parlay. Even if one bet loses, the entire parlay loses. For example, if I parlay Chiefs -8.5, Jets +6.5, and Dolphins -4.5, I need to hit on each one of the bets in order to win.
Wyoming Sportsbook List
While online sports betting is legal in Wyoming, the state does not have any land-based sportsbooks available.
While most states have their online sportsbooks partnered with a casino, Wyoming is the opposite. Sports betting in the state will strictly become mobile-focused and exclusively online.
Can I Play at Online Casinos in WY?
No, you cannot play at online casinos in Wyoming. While the state recently legalized online sports betting, neither online nor in-person casino gambling is permitted there.
When Did Wyoming Sports Betting Become Legal?
Sports betting became legal in Wyoming on April 5, 2021. The state is following a fully online model, which means that in-person betting will be unavailable.
Wyoming is the second state to adopt this policy, joining Tennessee. They have implemented this online model because there are no commercial casinos in the state.
WY Sports Betting Timeline
- May 14, 2018 - After a long and uphill battle, the Supreme Court rules in favor of New Jersey and declares the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 (PASPA) unlawful. This allowed all states to legalize sports betting.
- February 28, 2020 - Bill HB225, which would legalize sports betting in Wyoming, is rejected in a 32-27 vote in the Wyoming House of Representatives. The bill would have prevented bettors to wager on Wyoming sports teams as well as any other college sports. It also had an online-only policy with no limit on eligible sportsbooks. It proposed a 16% tax rate.
- October 22, 2020 - The Northern Arapaho Native American tribe announces that they plan to open a retail sportsbook in Wyoming, even though sports betting is not yet legalized in the state.
- March 10, 2021 - The Wyoming House of Representatives surprisingly changes their tune after rejecting the bill a day earlier. It passes to the Senate after a vote of 32-28 in favor of the bill. The hesitation towards the bill was due to concerns that it had negative effects on the Native American tribes of Wyoming.
- March 29, 2021 - HB133, the bill for online sports betting in Wyoming, is passed in the Wyoming Senate. It awaits the signature of Governor Mark Gordon.
- April 6, 2021 - Sports betting becomes legal in Wyoming after HB133 is passed after Gov. Gordon signs the bill.
- June 9, 2021 - The Wyoming Gaming Commission decides on rules, which go through a 45-day public comment period. The target date for gambling to commence in Wyoming is September 2021.
- September 1, 2021 - Sports betting is legalized in the state of Wyoming. DraftKings and BetMGM are the first to go live.
- November 19, 2021 - FanDuel is approved to set up shop in Wyoming.
- February 2, 2022 - PointsBet is approved to join the Wyoming betting market.