Ohio State Odds & Best Bets | CFB Betting Futures & Props
Ohio State is to the Big Ten as Kentucky is to chickens, just as you can’t have KFC without chicken, you can’t have the Big Ten without Ohio State.
Last year the Buckeyes were a disappointment despite going 10-2 during the regular season. With an 11-win total, not only did OSU go under, but they failed to even make the Big Ten Conference game as a -225 pre-season favorite to win the conference.
This season, Ohio State has an easier schedule than last year. In eight out of twelve games, my model has OSU favored by at least two touchdowns. If Buckeyes can survive a home opener against Notre Dame and the final game of the regular season at home against Michigan, then they are likely to be a college football playoff contender.
Below, I discuss the best Ohio State futures.
Ohio State Odds 2022: National Championship & Win Total
All Ohio State NCAAF betting odds are current as of 5/27 at 9 AM ET at Caesars Sportsbook.
- Win National Championship: +450
- Win Total: 11 (Over -140 / Under +110)
- Win Big Ten: -280
Ohio State Schedule:
Ohio State Key Games:
Notre Dame at Ohio State (9/3/2022)
- Notre Dame Model Projected Line: Ohio State -12.5
- Game of the Year Line: Ohio State -14.5 at BetWay
- Ohio State goes Over 11 win total in 36.5% of simulations where they beat Notre Dame
- Ohio State Pushes 11 win total in 41.6% of simulations where they beat Notre Dame
Ohio State at Penn State (10/29/2022):
- Penn State Model Projected Line: -8.5 Ohio State
- Game of the Year Line: -12 Ohio State at BetWay
- Ohio State goes over 11 win total in 40.4% of simulations where they beat Penn State
- Ohio State pushes 11 win total in 40.6% of simulations where they beat Penn State
Michigan at Ohio State (11/26/2022):
- Michigan Model Projected Line: Ohio State -9.5
- Game of the Year Line: Ohio State -13.5 at BetWay
- Ohio State goes Over 11 win total in 39.2% of simulations where they beat Michigan
- Ohio State Pushes 11 win total in 41.2% of simulations where they beat Michigan
Ohio State Win Total Bet
Ohio State Over 10.5 Wins (-195) at FanDuel
Before every College Football season, sportsbooks not only post futures bets, but they give you the option of betting on specific games months in advance. For each of the three key games that I have identified for Ohio State (Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan), my numbers believe that Ohio State is overvalued by two to four points for each game.
Despite this, after simulating Ohio State’s season 25,000 times, they go over their 10.5 win total at FanDuel 70.1% of the time. With OSU at -195 (66.1% implied probability) to go over their total, the juice is worth the squeeze if you are willing to wait months for a small return.
Unfortunately, Caesars’ win total of over 11 wins at -140 is not a good price due to the chance that Ohio State could easily push the win total with losses against either Notre Dame, Penn State, or Michigan.
Ohio State: OVER 10.5 Wins
Bet $20, Payout $30