Week 25 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Top MLB Pickups
Here is The Game Day’s Week 25 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Top Free-Agent Pickups. Set these key Week 25 MLB Pickups for your waiver wire list this weekend.
Week 25 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire
Week 25 Best Fantasy Baseball Pickups
- Scott Barlow, RP, Kansas City Royals (47% rostered in Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Leagues)
- Nicky Lopez, 2B/SS, Kansas City Royals (46%)
- Kyle Finnegan, RP, Washington Nationals (42%)
- Vladimir Gutierrez, SP, Cincinnati Reds (42%)
- Brandon Belt, 1B/OF, San Francisco Giants (30%)
- Touki Toussaint, SP/RP, Atlanta Braves (27%)
- Tanner Houck, SP, Boston Red Sox (26%)
- Dylan Floro, RP, Miami Marlins (23%)
- David Bednar, RP, Pittsburgh Pirates (20%)
- Joe Barlow, RP, Texas Rangers (12%)
- Leody Taveras, OF, Texas Rangers (12%)
- LaMonte Wade Jr., 1B/OF, San Francisco Giants (11%)
- Josh Lowe, 3B, Tampa Bay Rays (6%)
Many closing options are available in more than half of Yahoo! leagues, including Scott Barlow, Kyle Finnegan, Dylan Floro, David Bednar, and Joe Barlow. They’re all on roughly even footing, but I’d rank them in order of preference as Joe Barlow, Floro, Bednar, Finnegan, and Scott Barlow based on skills, matchups, and games scheduled next week. If you don’t have the FAAB to scoop up one of them, there are a few more forthcoming options as well.
The San Francisco Giants have seven games on the docket next week, six of which are projected against right-handed starters. So insert Brandon Belt and LaMonte Wade Jr. as volume-driven options with the platoon advantage. Belt’s slugged 17 homers with a .247 batting average against righties in 2021, while Wade’s been even better with 17 homers and a .274 batting average.
Touki Toussaint lines up for a two-start week, opposing the Colorado Rockies at home on Tuesday and squaring off with the Giants on the road on Sunday. He’s a risky option in leagues with weekly lineup changes because of the matchup in San Francisco, but getting the Rockies on his turf is a drool-inducing matchup. Colorado has had the worst road offense this year (69 wRC+) while striking out in a whopping 25.3% of their plate appearances away from Coors Field, so Toussaint should carve them up.
Josh Lowe batted eighth in his MLB debut for the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday, which isn’t ideal for his run and RBI potential. Coming off a huge Triple-A campaign in which he swatted 21 homers and stole 24 bases while slashing .282/.369/.540, he’s an appealing addition because of his power and speed combination.
Looking to play DFS fantasy baseball? Monkey Knife Fight has you covered. MKF offers new players a FREE $5 DFS game plus a 100% Bonus Deposit of up to $100. Click here or enter the code “TGD” at Monkey Knife Fight to claim this offer and play user-friendly daily fantasy sports.
Learn more about Monkey Knife Fight with our hands-on review.
Week 25 Best Fantasy Baseball Streamers
- Drew Steckenrider, RP, Seattle Mariners (23% rostered)
- Rowan Wick, RP, Chicago Cubs (20%)
- Tylor Megill, SP, New York Mets (19%)
- Abraham Toro, 2B/3B, Seattle Mariners (18%)
- Jake Meyers, OF, Houston Astros (12%)
- Colin Moran, 1B/2B/3B, Pittsburgh Pirates (11%)
- Brad Miller, 1B/2B/3B/OF, Philadelphia Phillies (10%)
- Yoshi Tsutsugo, 1B/3B/OF, Pittsburgh Pirates (4%)
- Tyler Wells, SP/RP, Baltimore Orioles (1%)
As promised, Drew Steckenrider, Rowan Wick, and Tyler Wells are a few more options for fantasy gamers in need of saves. They’re a tier below the others listed above for various reasons, hence the difference in their placement in this piece as well as our Fantasy Baseball Closer Rankings.
The Pittsburgh Pirates will face five right-handed pitchers next week, and Colin Moran and Yoshi Tsutsugo have the platoon advantage in those games. Moran’s an excellent source of batting average, hitting .307 against righties in 2021. Tsutsugo’s been a different player with Pittsburgh after scuffling with the Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers, ripping seven homers with a .286 batting average, 9.5 BB%, and 20.6 K% in 63 plate appearances for the Bucs.