Here is The Game Day’s Week 24 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Top Free-Agent Pickups. Set these key Week 24 MLB Pickups for your waiver wire list this weekend.
Week 24 Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire
Week 24 Best Fantasy Baseball Pickups
- Elieser Hernandez, SP/RP, Miami Marlins (48% rostered in Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Leagues)
- Tarik Skubal, SP, Detroit Tigers (47%)
- Adam Ottavino, RP, Boston Red Sox (45%)
- Scott Barlow, RP, Kansas City Royals (44%)
- Anthony Santander, OF, Baltimore Orioles (41%)
- Kolten Wong, 2B, Milwaukee Brewers (40%)
- Connor Joe, 1B/OF, Colorado Rockies (25%)
- Brendan Rodgers, 2B/SS, Colorado Rockies (20%)
- Abraham Toro, 2B/3B, Seattle Mariners (18%)
Anthony Santander is the headliner of this week’s top-tier pickups. The Baltimore Orioles are one of two teams scheduled for eight games next week, all of which will be played at the hitter-friendly Camden Yards. He’s also coming off a torrid August in which he hit .309/.350/.617 with eight home runs, 13 RBIs, 15 runs, and one stolen base in 26 games.
Tarik Skubal is the top hurler to snag. He lines up for a two-start week, starting with a tasty matchup against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Facing the Bucs on the road is a bonus, as he won’t have to navigate a designated hitter. The Pirates have also been MLB’s worst offense against southpaws this year with a paltry 80 wRC+.
Adam Ottavino has taken over the closing job for the Boston Red Sox with Matt Barnes landing on the COVID-19 IL. My colleague Kev Mahserejian covered the situation in more detail in his Week 24 Fantasy Baseball Closer New & Bullpen Updates.
I’ll cheat and address Connor Joe and Brendan Rodgers together. Allow your fantasy team’s need to dictate who is the better waiver claim. The Colorado Rockies are home for three games to start the week, followed by four games at hitter-friendly Citizens Bank Park. The park factors at both stadiums coupled with a full complement of seven games enhance the fantasy appeal of rostering either or both.
at Monkey Knife Fight to claim this offer and play user-friendly daily fantasy sports.
Learn more about Monkey Knife Fight with our hands-on review.
Week 24 Best Fantasy Baseball Streamers
- Drew Steckenrider, RP, Seattle Mariners (24% rostered)
- David Bednar, RP, Pittsburgh Pirates (19%)
- Bailey Ober, SP, Minnesota Twins (16%)
- Jake Meyers, OF, Houston Astros (15%)
- Austin Hays, OF, Baltimore Orioles (12%)
- Sam Hilliard, OF, Colorado Rockies (2%)
If you need saves help but are hamstrung by FAAB limitations, Drew Steckenrider and David Bednar have emerged as viable closing options for their teams down the stretch.
Consider Austin Hays and Sam Hilliard as pivots from their more prominent highlighted teammates above. Hays, like Santander, will benefit from eight games next week. Meanwhile, Hilliard plays three games at Coors Field — all projected to be against righties — before culminating the week with four games in Philadelphia.
As a result, Hilliard’s a more appealing option in leagues with daily lineup changes, where he can be tossed back in the free-agent pool for a mid-week streamer after the Rockies hit the road. The left-handed-hitting Hilliard has a career .281/.344/.610 slash line at home and 17 homers in 276 plate appearances against righties in his young career, making him one of the best MLB DFS plays early next week as well.