Here are The Game Day’s Week 21 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers: 2-Start Pitchers, Spot Starters, & Hitter Picks. Use Josh Shepardson’s Week 21 MLB Sleepers to fill out your fantasy baseball lineups with upside plays.
Week 21 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
Week 21 Fantasy Baseball 2-Start Pitchers To Add From Waiver Wire
Touki Toussaint, RHP, Atlanta Braves (28% rostered in Yahoo! fantasy baseball leagues)
- Start 1: at Miami Marlins
- Start 2: at Baltimore Orioles
Touki Toussaint has a tasty two-step this week, drawing the Miami Marlins and Baltimore Orioles in road tilts. According to FanGraphs, the Marlins rank 23rd in wRC+ (90), while the Orioles are tied for 17th (93).
In addition to having appetizing matchups, Toussaint has been solid since making his season debut on July 20. The 25-year-old has compiled a 4.28 ERA and 1.17 WHIP with a 28:9 K/BB ratio in 27 1/3 innings over five starts, making him plenty useful for fantasy purposes.
- Touki Toussaint fantasy baseball tip: Toussaint’s my favorite two-start pitcher this week and an option in leagues as shallow as 12-team mixers.
After reading our Week 21 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers advice, make your MLB DFS picks with these Week 21 MLB streamers over at Monkey Knife Fight. MKF offers new players a 100% Bonus Deposit of up to $100 and a FREE $5 game when you sign up.
- at Monkey Knife Fight to claim this offer and play user-friendly daily fantasy sports.
- Learn more about Monkey Knife Fight with our hands-on review.
Jordan Montgomery, LHP, New York Yankees (44%)
- Start 1: vs. Boston Red Sox
- Start 2: vs. Minnesota Twins
Jordan Montgomery’s a higher-caliber hurler than Toussaint, but a showdown with the Boston Red Sox brings some risk this week. Regardless, the lefty’s talent level warrants consideration.
Montgomery has spun a 3.69 ERA in 21 starts this year that’s largely supported by his ERA estimators, rounding out the rest of his profile with a 1.19 WHIP and a 9.0 K/9 rate. As for the Red Sox, he’s performed well against them this year with a 3.06 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP in three starts, including 5 2/3 scoreless frames the last time he faced them on July 22.
- Jordan Montgomery fantasy baseball tip: Montgomery’s a fringe option in 12-team mixers and a stellar option in all deeper formats.
Drew Rasmussen, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays (0%)
- Start 1: vs. Baltimore Orioles
- Start 2: vs. Chicago White Sox
I’m digging deep for a third option this week, as the pickings are slim this time of year. However, Drew Rasmussen is an intriguing option in large leagues and AL-only formats. The 26-year-old righty has primarily been used as a multi-inning reliever, appearing 25 times from the bullpen and starting only three games.
He started his last appearance, however, tossing four innings of one-run ball at Fenway Park. He was removed after 50 pitches, so he’ll definitely be on a pitch restriction. Nevertheless, adding another 10-20 pitches opens the door for him to get through at least five innings and qualify for a win, especially against Baltimore.
- Drew Rasmussen fantasy baseball tip: Rasmussen is an AL-only option or a streamer in leagues larger than 14-team mixers. Helping in strikeouts without damaging ERA and WHIP is within his attainable range of outcomes this week.
Week 21 Fantasy Baseball Spot Starters To Add From Waiver Wire
Huascar Ynoa, RHP, Atlanta Braves at Miami Marlins (48%)
The Atlanta Braves are ready to activate Huascar Ynoa from the injured list this week, and a favorable foe will greet him in a pitcher-friendly park. The young righty was magnificent earlier in the year, recording a 3.02 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, and 27.9 K% in 44 2/3 innings.
While his Triple-A rehab performance wasn’t exactly dominant (4.32 ERA), he built up his pitch count and flashed his pre-injury strikeout form with 11 punchouts in 8 1/3 frames. I’m not worried about his layoff hindering his performance since the Braves took their time with him, allowing him to shake the rust off over a pair of rehab starts.
- Huascar Ynoa fantasy baseball tip: Ynoa should be rostered universally, and he’s a starting option in leagues as shallow as 12-team mixers for his first appearance off the injured list.
Week 21 MLB Sleeper Hitters To Add From Waiver Wire
Brendan Rodgers, 2B/SS, Colorado Rockies (21%)
Elias Diaz, C, Colorado Rockies (17%)
Sam Hilliard, OF, Colorado Rockies (8%)
- 3 Games vs. San Diego Padres
- 3 Games vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Huge shocker, but the Colorado Rockies lead MLB with a .355 wOBA at home this season. Their offensive exploits at Coors Field enhance the fantasy value of all of their hitters, including widely available options such as Brendan Rodgers, Elias Diaz, and Sam Hilliard. Rodgers is having a breakout season, and Diaz and Hilliard are markedly better offensively at home this year, making them all viable streaming options this week.
Want more fantasy baseball advice? Check out our full 2021 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups list for Week 21.