Here’s The Game Day’s Phoenix Suns vs Milwaukee Bucks Game 6 Prediction with 2021 NBA Finals Picks.
Game 5 of the 2021 NBA Finals was a rollercoaster, producing the first win by a road team in this series. The Phoenix Suns took a commanding 16-point lead at home after the first quarter, only for the Milwaukee Bucks to roar back and win, 123-119, getting 20+ points out of Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jrue Holiday, and Khris Middleton in the same game for the first time in this series.
The biggest key for Milwaukee was Holiday, who had his best game of the NBA Finals thus far. In addition to racking up 27 points and 13 assists on offense — both series highs for him — he was a menace on the defensive end with three steals and a block. His third and most important robbery of the game came with 17 seconds remaining when he ripped the ball from Devin Booker and found Giannis for a game-sealing alley-oop.
The series now heads back to Milwaukee with the Bucks in the driver’s seat after stealing Game 5 in the Valley. Game 6 of the 2021 NBA Finals will start at 9:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, July 20, and will air on ABC, with Milwaukee favored to win by five points at home, per BetMGM.
All Bucks-Suns Game 6 odds, lines, and bets are courtesy of BetMGM. BetMGM offers a Risk-Free Bet for up to $600 for new players.
- Sign up to claim this welcome promotion and place your 2021 NBA Finals bets today.
- Learn more about BetMGM Sportsbook with our hands-on review.
Phoenix Suns vs Milwaukee Bucks Game 6 Analysis
After a tough loss on their home court in Game 5, it’s win-or-go-home for the Suns as they head to Milwaukee for Game 6. They’ll have their work cut out for them, however, as the Bucks are 9-1 at home thus far in the playoffs. With Milwaukee aiming for their first NBA title in 50 years, the Fiserv Forum will be rocking.
In order for Phoenix to stave off elimination, they have to be better at getting open looks from beyond the arc. After attempting an average of 37 three-point shots in their two wins, they’ve averaged just 24.3 shots from downtown in their three losses. The Suns need to get out and run early and often, control the tempo, and take the Milwaukee crowd out of the game from the jump.
For the Bucks, Antetokounmpo has been incredible this series. He’s averaging 32.2 points, 13 rebounds, and 5.6 assists on 61.2% shooting from the field. He hasn’t had to do it alone, however, as Middleton is averaging 25.4 points per game and Holiday has come around after a slow start.
The Suns are coming off a pair of tough losses, as they easily could have won Games 4 and 5 had a couple of breaks gone the other way. They’ll be fighting for their lives in Game 6, which should result in another close game if not an outright win for them. I’ll take Phoenix and the five points in Game 6.
Milwaukee Bucks: Keys To Victory
- Holiday and Middleton continue to support Giannis.
- Start fast and use the home court to your advantage.
- Control the pace of the game and limit fast-break opportunities for Phoenix.
- Defend the passing lanes and make it difficult for the Suns to get open looks from deep.
Phoenix Suns: Keys To Victory
- Find a secondary scoring option to take the load off of Booker.
- Start fast and take Milwaukee’s crowd out of the game early.
- Get out and run and use the fast-break to your advantage.
- Move the basketball and find open shooters from beyond the arc.
2021 NBA Finals Game 6 Betting Predictions
2021 NBA Finals Game 6 Player Prop Bets
Booker has scored 40+ points in each of the last two games, but the Suns lost both of them. If Phoenix is going to win Game 6, they’re going to have to implement the game plan that helped them win Games 1 and 2. In those two games, the Suns had more balanced scoring and Booker had six assists in each contest. Look for Booker to share the scoring load a bit more in Game 6 and dish out at least four assists.
Antetokounmpo’s Points+Assists+Rebounds (PRA) line remains high (51.5) despite the fact that he’s gone over this number in just two of his last eight games. I still expect him to put up a big line, but Giannis doesn’t have to do it all now that Middleton and Holiday are pulling their weight. I’ll play the odds and say he stays under 52 PRA again in Game 6.
Holiday’s points prop sits at just 19.5 even after his big 27-point performance in Game 5. He’s taken 20 or more shots in three of his last four games and has eclipsed 20 points in two of those contests. Holiday has also played much better at home throughout the postseason, topping 20 points in five of his last six home games. I think Holiday stays aggressive and that trend continues in Game 6.
2021 NBA Finals Game 6 Single-Game Parlay
- Devin Booker (Suns): Over 3.5 assists (-165)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks): Under 51.5 PRA (-115)
- Jrue Holiday (Bucks): Over 19.5 Points (-125)
Make a Single-Game Parlay with these bets (+440)
Bucks vs Suns 2021 NBA Finals Schedule
- Game 1: Bucks 105, Suns 118
- Game 2: Bucks 108, Suns 118
- Game 3: Suns 100, Bucks 120
- Game 4: Suns 103, Bucks 109
- Game 5: Bucks 123, Suns 119
- Game 6: Tuesday, July 20, at Milwaukee, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)
- Game 7: Thursday, July 22, at Phoenix, 9 p.m. ET (ABC)*