How to Bet Props on bet365 | Complete Guide
bet365 is one of the most popular sportsbooks in the world, renowned for its comprehensive selection of betting markets. You’ll find traditional wager types like spreads, moneylines, and totals, along with newer options like player props.
Props have become one of the top options for bettors because they allow you to wager on different aspects of the game. Rather than selecting a winner, you’re focusing on player or team stats. It aligns well with fantasy sports, which has also helped it become more popular.
In this article, we’re going to provide a complete guide on how to bet props on bet365. You’ll learn about the different types of props available, along with the top choices to help you become profitable.
How to Do Prop Bets on bet365
Follow these steps to wager on props on bet365:
Step 1: Create an Account or Sign In
Click one of the “Get Bonus" links found on our bet365 hands-on review. This will enable you to access the best signup offer on the site. From there, you’ll need to provide personal information, such as name, address, and more. This is just so that the sportsbook can verify your identity. If you already have an account, simply log in.
Step 2: Deposit Funds
You’re able to put money into your account by selecting “Deposit," which you can find at the top-right of your screen. There are several options available for you, including Online Banking, Credit/Debit Cards, and more. Once your deposit is processed, you’ll be able to place your bets.
Step 3: Navigate the Betting Markets
Now it’s time for you to pick your preferred sport. You can find a list of leagues on the left of the page. When you click that, you’ll see the day or week’s slate of games. You’ll have to click the game to open up a list of more wagers. This is where you’ll have a selection of props, including game, player, and more.
Step 4: Add to Your Bet Slip
Select the prop that you want to add to your bet slip. When you adjust your stake, the site will automatically show your potential payout, which depends on the odds. You’ll be notified of any changes in odds or to the actual number and asked if you want to proceed with your wager.
Step 5: Straight or Parlay?
If you want to place a single wager, you can click “Place Bet." Alternatively, you can create a parlay, either through the same or different games. Go back to the screen with different props and add the ones that you want. If you want a Same Game Parlay, select that option.
Types of bet365 Prop Bets
You’ll enjoy a vast selection at bet365, including player, game, novelty, team, and draft props. We’ll explain each type below.
These are player-based outcomes related to various stats within the sport. You can either select Over/Under or pick on the event to occur.
Example: LeBron James Over 24.5 Points -120
- I need LeBron to score 25+ points for my wager to win.
Example: Jonathan Taylor Anytime Touchdown -110
- Taylor needs to find the endzone at any time in the game.
There are also player props that can be settled at the end of the season, known as futures:
Example: Josh Allen to win NFL MVP +1000
- Allen needs to win this award at the end of the season.
These are related to both teams in a portion of a specific game. You can wager on the first inning, period, half, and more.
Example: Blue Jays/Yankees No Run First Inning -130
- The first inning cannot have any runs in this game.
These wagers are appealing because they settle at a faster pace since they’re only part of a game.
Novelty props are outcomes that have nothing to do with the game at hand. These are usually provided for entertainment value during a marquee event, such as the Super Bowl.
Example: Result of Coin Toss is Heads -110
- I need the coin toss at the beginning of the Super Bowl to land on heads.
These are focused on one team within a game or entire season.
NBA Example: Brooklyn Nets to win the NBA Championship +900
- The Nets need to finish the year as NBA champions.
NFL Example: Philadelphia Eagles Over 9.5 Wins -110
- The Eagles have to win 10 or more games.
MLB Example: New York Mets Over 5.5 Runs -130
- The Mets need six or more runs.
These are catered toward the player draft of any of the four major North American sports: NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL.
Example: Paolo Banchero to go first overall in NBA Draft +200
- Duke star Banchero had to be selected first.
Example: Travon Walker Under 2.5 Draft Position -200
- Walker has to go at pick two or earlier for this wager.
Does bet365 Have Player Props?
bet365 has numerous player props available for different sports, such as the following:
- NFL: Passing/Rushing/Receiving Yards, Completions, Attempts, Receptions, Touchdowns
- NBA: Points, Rebounds, Assists, Three-Pointers Made, Steals, Blocks
- MLB: Strikeouts, Total Bases, Hits, Home Runs, Total Outs
- NHL: Shots on Goal, Goalscorers, Points, Assists
- Soccer: Goalscorers, Tackles, Passes Completed, Shots Attempted
Where Are Player Props on bet365?
When you select your preferred sport, you’ll see the traditional markets, such as spreads, moneylines, and totals.
You’ll have to click the game to open up more wagers, which will show player props.
You have the option to put them in a Same Game Parlay or combine them with different games.
bet365 Player Props Rules
bet365 player props can vary by sport. The common rule across each league is that the player must suit up for the prop to stand.
For example, if you take Ja Morant Under 6.5 Assists, but he’s a last-minute scratch, that won’t count as a win — your bet will be refunded.
All that we need is for the player to step on the field/court/ice. It can be for an entire game or only one minute. This keeps the prop live. What it also means is that if a player has to leave early due to injury, the wager will stand.
One note here is that bet365 may void your soccer player props if your player does not start the game.
The same goes for MLB pitcher props — if they unexpectedly come in later in the game, your wager will be voided.
bet365 Prop Bets for NFL
There are several props to choose from in the NFL. Check out the different options, categorized by the various types:
- Passing/Rushing/Receiving Yards
- Anytime Touchdown
- Pass/Rush Attempts
- 1st/2nd/3rd/4th quarter totals/moneylines/spread
- 1st/2nd half totals/moneylines/spread
- Longest Completion/Reception/Field Goal
- Team totals
- Team total wins
- To Win Division/Conference/Super Bowl
- Total Passing/Rushing/Receiving Yards
- Total Receptions/Touchdowns
- NFL MVP
- Offensive Player of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Offensive Rookie of the Year
- Defensive Rookie of the Year
- Most Passing/Rushing/Receiving Yards in Week/Season
The Super Bowl includes each of the props listed in the section above, along with a robust selection of novelty props. These are provided as a fun addition to the big game. These are some of the examples:
- Length of National Anthem/Halftime Show
- Number of Beer/Car Commercials
- Surprise Guest at Halftime Show
The best advice would be to stick to player props at the Super Bowl.
Best bet365 Prop Bets
You want to focus on player props because they’re the easiest to project. Avoid touchdown or goalscorer props since those can be random. Instead, turn your attention to volume stats, such as the following:
- NFL: Passing/Rushing/Receiving Yards, Receptions
- MLB: Strikeout/Total Bases
- NBA: Points/Rebounds/Assists/Three-Pointers
- NHL: Shots on Goal/Total Points
How to Find the Best Prop Bets
When focusing on player props, you can consider the following factors:
- Usage: You want players who play prominent roles.
- Change in Role: Perhaps a player will get more usage, but the market hasn’t adjusted yet.
- Pace of Play: Faster-paced games mean more scoring opportunities, which is good for the Over.
- Matchup: Consider the strengths and weaknesses of each team to try to find mismatches.
- Recent Performance: Check to see how a player has performed in recent games.
Prop Bet Strategies
Here are some strategies to consider when betting on props:
- Only wager on player props because you can project their stats based on usage.
- Try to focus on mostly Unders since you win if the player gets injured.
- Look at the point spread and game total for the projected game script.
- Target teams with higher implied totals for Overs, vice versa for Unders.
- Try to get ahead of the market by focusing on undervalued players with lower props.
Prop Betting for Beginners
If you’re new to prop betting, be sure to incorporate these tips into your process:
- Keep track of your wins and losses to see where you stand in terms of stake and profit.
- Focus on straight bets because parlays can be difficult to win.
- You can mix in parlays but risk fewer units on them.
- Shop around different betting sites to find the best line.
- Sprinkle in some Same Game Parlays with correlated props (i.e. quarterback plus his favorite wide receiver).
- Practice money management — never risk too much on one play.
How to Calculate Prop Odds
bet365 displays its odds in American format, which has positive and negative numbers. Here’s how to calculate:
Risk $100 on -140 odds
- Divide 140 / 100 = 1.4
- Divide 100 / 1.4 = 71.43
- Risk $100 to win $71.43
Win $100 on -130 odds
- Divide 130 / 100 = 1.3
- Multiply 100 x 1.3 = 130
- Risk $130 to win $100
Risk $100 on +120 odds
- Divide 120 / 100 = 1.2
- Multiply 1.2 x 100 = 120
- Risk $100 to win $120
Why Are Props a Good Bet?
Props can be a good bet for several reasons, including the following:
- They add another dimension to sports betting.
- You can hit a higher payout on weekly props (i.e. most rushing yards in a week).
- They’re easier to project because you can look at player usage.
- It’s simple to understand — bet Over/Under or take the event to happen.
- You can find an edge in this market, as there’s often softer lines
Can Props Be a Bad Bet?
There are some drawbacks to props as well, such as:
- Some props are heavily juiced with expensive odds.
- If you make too many parlays, they can drain your bankroll.
- Game props can be difficult to project.
- Novelty props are just for fun — avoid them because they’re totally random.
What Sports Are Available for Props?
You can find the following sports available for props at bet365:
Is There Bet Insurance on Props?
Bet Insurance is one of the most popular welcome bonuses provided by sportsbooks to new users. This is where they reimburse your first bet if it loses, up to a maximum of approximately $1,000 to $1,500.
The minimum odds requirement is usually -200, so you can use props for this offer.