For the 2021 MLB preseason, The Game Day has compiled 2021 Red Sox Prop Bets, including Boston Futures Odds & Picks. Here are a few 2021 Boston Player Prop and Team Prop wagers that MLB bettors can consider.
- Odds provided by PointsBet current as of Monday, Mar. 3.
- Read our full 2021 MLB Preseason Betting Guide for tips, predictions and picks.
Boston Red Sox Futures Bets: 2021 Team & Player Props
Player Props & Futures
2021 AL MVP
- Rafael Devers (+3000)
- Xander Bogaerts (+4000)
- JD Martinez (+5000)
Even though he has the highest odds, it might be best to avoid Martinez if you want to take a chance on a Red Sox player winning the MVP. Bogaerts put forth impressive numbers in the shortened 2020 campaign, finishing with 11 home runs, 28 RBI and 36 runs scored to go along with a .300 batting average. That came on the heels of him recording 33 home runs, 117 RBI and 110 runs scored, while hitting .309, in 2019. Bogaerts would at least be in the discussion if he can provide similar production this season.
2021 AL Cy Young
- Chris Sale (+2000)
- Eduardo Rodriguez (+3500)
- Nathan Eovaldi (+4000)
I’m all for considering long shots, but it’s difficult to justify any of these three options. Sale will miss the start of the season while he recovers from Tommy John surgery. Rodriguez has never had an ERA under 3.81 and he’s coming back from a scary bout with COVID-19 that kept him out for all of 2020. Finally, there is Eovaldi, who hasn’t thrown at least 150 innings since 2015.
2021 Most Regular Season Hits
- Rafael Devers (+2000)
- Xander Bogaerts (+3000)
Of all of the Red Sox props to consider, this category might have the most appealing options. In 2019, Devers finished second in baseball with 201 hits, while Bogaerts finished fourth with 190. The leader was Whit Merrifield with 206, so neither Red Sox was too far behind him. Of the two, taking a chance on Bogaerts at the higher odds might make the most sense.
2021 AL Rookie of The Year
- Bobby Dalbec (+2200)
This could be a tough field with Dalbec up against the likes of Randy Arozarena, Jarred Kelenic and Nate Pearson. However, Dalbec has a clear path to playing time at first base and has a ton of power upside. He hasn’t recorded an ISO below .220 since reaching Double-A and he posted a whopping .600 slugging percentage across 92 plate appearances with the Red Sox in 2020. If a couple of the top candidates suffer injuries, and Dalbec can approach 30 home runs, he could come away with this award.
After you read The Game Day’s “2021 Boston Red Sox Prop Bets: Boston Futures Odds & Picks" and deciding on your favorite Red Sox Player and Team Prop Bets:
- Dig into our complete 2021 MLB Preseason Futures Bet Guide, which is constantly updated with new 2021 MLB futures analysis, tips and picks.
- Use these 2021 MLB Futures betting tips to place a wager at one of our partner sportsbooks. PointsBet is offering a welcome promotion of 2 Risk-Free Bets for up to $2,000. Claim this offer now by signing up.
- Stare down your opponents in your fantasy baseball drafts and leagues with our 2021 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, which will also be continuously updated this preseason.