- Click to read why Pauly Parlays believes the Kansas City Chiefs will win Super Bowl 55.
- Read our full NFL betting and fantasy football coverage of Super Bowl 55, which includes Super Bowl LV Bet Tips, Chiefs Player Prop Bets, Buccaneers Player Prop Bets, and Super Bowl 55 Exotic Props.
- See our favorite Super Bowl 55 Betting Offers from our preferred sportsbooks.
Why Buccaneers Will Win Super Bowl 55
Super Bowl LV Final Score PredictionBuccaneers 31, Chiefs 28
Buccaneers Super Bowl LV Moneyline Bet
BEST BET: Buccaneers (+150)While these two teams match-up well in points scored and points surrendered as well as in total yards and passing yards, the Buccaneers have the edge defensively, at least in yardage production yielded. When it comes to rushing, however, I will give a huge nod to Tampa Bay. Not only do they employ the best-run defense in the NFL, but the Chiefs aren’t exactly known for running the football. They can get the job done, but they may not be too effective against the Buccaneers. Meanwhile, while the Buccaneers were one of the worst rushing teams in the NFL this season, they have the players who can get the job done if need be in the form of Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones. In the preseason, I had picked the Buccaneers and Chiefs to face-off in the Super Bowl. While I didn’t go out on a limb choosing Kansas City, the Super Bowl LV TB Bet was a stretch. However, the reason why I picked Tampa was Tom Brady.
Buccaneers Super Bowl LV Bet ATS (Against the Spread)
CONSIDER: Buccaneers +3 (+110)If you want to protect yourself in case the Chiefs ultimately win by fewer than three points, you can take Tampa Bay getting the three points at terrific (+110) odds.
- The Chiefs are 2-8 against the spread in their past 10 games, covering in the AFC Championship.
- Outside of that 14-point victory over the Bills in the AFC title game, the Chiefs’ largest margin of victory in their past nine wins was six points. They won four of those games by fewer than three points.
- The Buccaneers are 7-3 ATS in their past 10 games, 4-1 in their past five while covering in each of their past two contests.
- The Buccaneers are 3-1 ATS in their past four meetings with the Chiefs, covering in three straight.
- The Chiefs are 1-8 ATS in their past nine games on grass.
- The Buccaneers are 4-0 ATS in their past four games as an underdog.
- The underdog is 4-1 ATS in the past five meetings between these two clubs.
- Tom Brady is 4-5 ATS in nine Super Bowl outings.
- The Favorite is 27-25-2 in Super Bowl history, covering in two straight.
- The AFC is 5-1 ATS in the1 past five Super Bowls.
Buccaneers Super Bowl LV Bet On Over/Under
CONSIDER: Over 56 (-115)During the regular season when the Buccaneers and Chiefs played back in Week 12, the total was also set at 56 points but the final score was 27-24, which means the game went Under and totaled 51. Despite the fact that the past two Super Bowls went Under, I do believe this game will meet the Over when it is all said and done. Both of these offenses can score at will. In the AFC and NFC Championship games, the games totaled 62 and 57 points respectively. Those matchups featured Buffalo and Kansas City and Green Bay and Tampa Bay. All high-scoring offenses like we will get on Super Bowl Sunday. With both teams expected to be at full strength on offense — Sammy Watkins and Clyde Edwards-Helaire are expected to play for the Chiefs while Antonio Brown is expected to play for the Buccaneers — these clubs are not short on playmakers. While Tampa Bay does employ the better defense, we have seen their secondary get lit up a lot this season. On the Kansas City end, their defense is bend but not break. They will give up ample yards but are stingy in the points category. Tom Brady will not leave points on the table, however.
- The Over is 4-0 in Buccaneers’ past four games played on grass
- The Over is 6-4 in the Chiefs’ past 10 games, 2-1 in their past three, hitting in the AFC title game.
- The Over is 6-4 in the Buccaneers’ past 10 games, 3-1 in their past four, hitting in the NFC title game.
- The Over is 2-2 in the past four games between these two teams, going Under in each of their past two, including back in Week 12.
- The Over is 26-26-1 in Super Bowl history
- There was no Total in Super Bowl 1
- The Over is 10-10 in the past 20 Super Bowls, going Under in each of the past two.
Buccaneers Super Bowl LV Prop Bets
Tom Brady & Patrick Mahomes to combine for 650+ passing yards (+110)Okay, okay. So seeing this combo Name a Bet prop over at PointsBet … at first glance, I thought, “Hey, that is a ton of yards." However, once I broke it down, I’m comfortable with this Super Bowl LV TB Bet. First off, Super Bowl 55 features two of the best passing units in the NFL. How good are they? Well, the Chiefs finished the regular season as the No. 1 team in passing yards (303.4) while the Buccaneers finished No. 2 (289.1). Meanwhile, defensively, the Chiefs yielded the 14th fewest passing yards per game (236.2) while the Buccaneers surrendered the 12th most (246.6).
Mike Evans to get 60+ receiving yards and 1+ touchdowns (+150)The Buccaneers are loaded at pass-catcher with depth all over the place. However, the one constant has been Mike Evans. While Evans didn’t have the greatest year reception or yardage-wise, ending 2020 with a career-low in targets (109), his third-fewest receptions (70), and his second-fewest yards (1006), he made up for it in the scoring department. Evans set a new career best in touchdowns with 13. If we include the postseason, Evans finished with 15 scores up to this point. Of those 15 scores, he found the end zone in 12 different games out of 19 appearances. Evans scored a touchdown in 63.2% of games played. In only seven games, however, Evans managed 60+ receiving yards. This is the more difficult leg of the wager to hit. Of the games in which Evans went for 60+ yards, he only scored in four of them.
Leonard Fournette to get 50+ rushing yards and 1+ touchdowns (+170)In my props article last week, I included this Leonard Fournette combo prop with him going for 50+ yards on the ground with a score at similar odds — by the way, my props went 3-0 on Championship Sunday, but who’s keeping track anyway? For Super Bowl 55, I believe Fournette will once again come through. In three postseason outings, Fournette has totaled 74+ yards with a touchdown, popping for 100+ total and a score in two of those games. We aren’t focusing on total yards here. However. I just wanted to pump up my guy “Playoff Lenny."
Tom Brady Over 2.5 passing touchdowns (+125)If you like the Over on Super Bowl 55’s 56.5 point total, then you are anticipating a high-scoring affair. In that scenario, you’d have to expect Tom Brady to air out the football early and often to his talented slew of pass-catchers. At (+125) odds, I, love the Over on Brady to throw for more than 2.5 touchdowns. Back in Week 12’s meeting with the Chiefs, Brady threw for three scores. In the regular and postseason combined, Brady threw 3+ scores in eight of his 19 games. In fact, in five games since Week 16, Brady threw for 3+ scores three times. The Chiefs have played in 18 games this season, including the postseason. In five of those games, they allowed a quarterback to throw for 3+ scores. While they have not surrendered 3+ scores to a signal-caller in two playoff games this season, they have given up 3+ passing touchdowns in five of their past 15 games since Week 5.
Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones II to combine for over 99.5 rushing yards and 1+ touchdown (SugarHouseNJ and other BetRivers outlets)
- Yes (+200)
- In three postseason matchups, Fournette has totaled 74+ yards with a touchdown, finishing with 100+ total yards and a score in two of those games. However, in playoff games rushing wise, Fournette finished with (93,63,55) while seeing carry totals of (19, 17, 12).
- In Week 12 against the Chiefs, Ronald Jones carried the ball nine times for 66 yards while hauling in one target for 37 yards and a touchdown.
- The Chiefs allowed the 12th most rushing yards per game (122.1) in the regular season while yielding 120.5 rushing yards per game in two postseason contests.
Buccaneers Super Bowl MVP Best Bets
Tom Brady, QB, Buccaneers (+200)Spoiler alert. I like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to win Super Bowl 55. Three of the four players mentioned in my Super Bowl LV MVP Bet Tips are Buccaneers. You can read my Super Bowl 55 Bet Tips here. Since I am picking the Buccaneers, naturally, my favorite to win Super Bowl MVP is Tom Brady. If I liked Kansas City to win, Patrick Mahomes would be here. While Mahomes is the odds-on favorite to in at his (-110) odds, Brady is second at his (+200) mark. Since I consider Brady and Mahomes to be interchangeable, you should be placing your wager according to the team you think will win. A quarterback has won the Super Bowl MVP honor 54.5% of the time. Thus, a terrific bet would be on one of the quarterbacks. With the Total to the game set 56.5 points, ample points are expected to be scored. Both Brady and Mahomes will play a big role in that, especially if you like the Over, wager one of the signal-callers. They are both poised for monster games. Back in Week 12’s meeting between these two clubs, Brady (345) and Mahomes (462) combined for 807 passing yards and five touchdowns. They each passed for three scores apiece. Meanwhile, Brady threw two picks while Mahomes lost a fumble. Brady leads all players with four Super Bowl MVP awards. Mahomes has one.
Leonard Fournette, RB, Buccaneers (+2500)Leonard Fournette could be in line for a big game. Fournette has played a big role in why the Buccaneers are in the Super Bowl, compiling three consecutive productive games in the playoffs. In each of Tampa Bay’s three postseason matchups, Fournette has totaled 74+ scrimmage yards with a touchdown. He went for 100+ total yards with a score in two of those games. While the presence of Ronald Jones, who did play well in Week 12 against the Chiefs, can not be ignored, Fournette is the hot hand in the backfield. Although the Chiefs do not give up a ton of points, teams can run on them. The Chiefs surrendered the 12th-most rushing yards per game (122.1) in 2020. They are allowing 120.5 in the playoffs. The stars are aligning for Fournette to have a big game. While quarterbacks have won a massive 30 MVP awards, running backs and wide receivers are tied at second-most with seven each.
Sleeper: Sean Murphy-Bunting, CB, Buccaneers (+15000)Since I wrote up the quarterbacks and logical RB choice above, now I can really put on my thinking cap and find players I believe have a shot at MVP. To have a chance, you need to have an impactful game. If the game is close, what can potentially happen to either:
- Blow it open the game open for the leading team?
- Put a trailing team back in the game?
- Break a tie?
- Shift the momentum?
Buccaneers Super Bowl Exotic
Any Player to Throw a Football Into the Cannon Porthole During a Celebration (+5000) (PointsBet)When I saw this Super Bowl 2021 novelty prop at PointsBet, I knew I had to mention it. It is so far-fetched yet so possible. Plus, (+5000) odds are terrific. You can literally wager $5 and get a $255 return. While reports suggest that that the pirate ship at Raymond James Stadium will not be out of commission despite the fact that Super Bowl 55 is supposed to be played at a neutral site, we don’t know if they will actually fire the cannon. What’s more, do they even need to fire the cannon for a ball to be thrown in it? No. To go even further, can a player throw a ball into the cannon? The answer is yes. Per this tweet, former Buccaneers QB Chris Simms threw a football at the pirate ship and it got stuck in a cannon. Coincidentally, it happened in a playoff game. While he did get fined $2500 for doing it, I am sure it was worth it. Other props players have used:
- Sharpie markers (Terrell Owens)
- Cell phones (Joe Horn)
- Salvation Army Bucket (Ezekiel Elliott)
- Lambeau Leap (everyone)
- Faux Hall of Fame Jacket (Chad Ochocinco Johnson)
- Pom Poms (Terrell Owens)
- Marriage Proposal to Cheerleader(Chad Ochocinco Johnson)
- Marriage Proposal to Kicking Net (Odell Beckham Jr.)
Read our full NFL betting and fantasy football coverage of Super Bowl 55, which includes Super Bowl LV Bet Tips, Chiefs Player Prop Bets, Buccaneers Player Prop Bets, and Super Bowl 55 Exotic Props.
Why Buccaneers Will Win Super Bowl 55: Best Super Bowl 55 Buccaneers BetsAfter studying our Super Bowl LV TB Bet Tips:
- Read our latest NFL news, analysis, tips, predictions and betting tips to find the best wagers and Chiefs-Buccaneers picks and our full Super Bowl LV TB Bet Tips.
- Learn how to bet on sports, including strategies, key terms, and betting process in order to try cashing in on Super Bowl 55 Predictions with Super Bowl LV TB Bet strategies.