Here is The Game Day’s pregame analysis and prediction of Game 2 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Finals between the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning, which will start at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday from Tampa Bay’s Amalie Arena.
Game 1 was a blowout between these two teams with Tampa Bay scoring early and often, notching a 5-1 victory. The Lightning scored one goal in each of the first two periods and scored three more to seal the deal in the third period. The Lightning were favored to win this series before it began and it looks like the prophecy will be fulfilled — at least from the outset of the series.
Canadiens vs Lightning Game 2 Analysis
Game 2 could be similar to Game 1, with the Lightning simply playing like the better team as of late. Nikita Kucherov came up huge for the Lightning in Game 1, scoring two of the team’s five goals and assisting on another. Brayden Point also had three assists of his own in the game. Look for the dynamic duo of Kucherov and Point to continue their heater on the ice with Andrei Vasilevskiy continuing his stalwart effort in the net.
Canadiens goalie Carey Price will need to have a better effort on Tuesday night if the Canadiens want any chance of making this a series.
As of Wednesday, June 29, at 6 p.m. ET, BetMGM provides the best Lightning vs Canadiens odds available, making the Lightning a (-550) favorite to win the series against the Canadiens, who carry (+400) odds to sneak out four wins.
BetMGM offers a Risk-Free Bet for up to $600 for new players.
- and place 2021 Stanley Cup Playoff bets today.
- Learn more about BetMGM Sportsbook with our hands-on review.
Montreal Canadiens Keys To Win
- Getting better goalie play from Carey Price
- Commit to better defense to limit clear looks
- Limit Kucherov, Point, and Steven Stamkos
- Focus on offensive-zone puck possession
Tampa Bay Lightning Keys To Win
- Get to the interior defense, get to Price
- Maintain offensive pressure
- Keep puck in the offensive zone
- Limit power-play opportunities for Montreal
Canadiens vs Lightning Game 2 Prediction
I believe this will be a similar game to Game 1. The Tampa Bay Lightning are the superior team in this series and should handily win it all. While the Canadiens’ effort against the Golden Knights was beyond admirable, they have the defense or offensive firepower to compete with the high-octane offense of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Canadiens vs Lightning Game 2 Prediction: Lightning defeat Canadiens 4-2
Canadiens vs Lightning Game 2 Bet Pick: Lightning to win in regulation (-130) at