Week 13 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers: 2-Start Pitchers, Spot Starters & Hitter Streamers
Here are The Game Day’s Week 13 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers: 2-Start Pitchers, Spot Starters, & Hitter Picks. Use Josh Shepardson’s Week 13 MLB Sleepers to fill out your fantasy baseball lineups with upside plays.
Play daily fantasy baseball with any of these Week 13 fantasy baseball sleepers on Monkey Knife Fight. New players get an Instant Deposit Bonus Match of up to $100 with the code TGD or by clicking this link. Avoid the sharks: Enjoy unique, user-friendly DFS games for MLB — using The Game Day’s Week 13 MLB Sleepers — and many other sports on Monkey Knife Fight.
Week 13 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
Week 13 Fantasy Baseball 2-Start Pitchers To Add From Waiver Wire
Adbert Alzolay, Chicago Cubs (47% rostered on Yahoo!)
- Start 1: vs. Cleveland Indians
- Start 2: at Los Angeles Dodgers
Adbert Alzolay returns from the injured list on Monday for a cushy matchup with the Cleveland Indians. According to FanGraphs, the Tribe ranks 18th in wRC+ (91) against right-handed pitchers in 2021.
Alzolay’s injured-list stint is the only reason he’s on less than 50% of rosters again, as he’s pitched sensationally this year. In 11 starts totaling 57.2 innings, he owns a 4.06 ERA, 3.64 SIERA, 1.04 WHIP, 6.9 BB%, 26.7 K%, and 30.2 CSW%.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are a more challenging matchup in his second start this week. Still, he’s pitched well enough to trust even in tricky starts.
- Adbert Alzolay fantasy baseball tip: Alzolay should be rostered and started in 12-team mixers or larger leagues.
Tarik Skubal, Detroit Tigers (46%)
- Start 1: vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- Start 2: vs. Houston Astros
Using Tarik Skubal this week isn’t for the faint of heart. He has a pair of tough draws, squaring off with a couple of top-10 offenses against lefties. Gamers will have to weigh the risk versus the reward for starting him.
Skubal’s earned consideration — even against the game’s top offenses — as a result of his stellar play of late. In his last eight starts spanning 44.0 innings, he’s pitched to a 3.48 ERA, 3.23 SIERA, 1.34 WHIP, 9.1 BB%, 33.7 K%, and 29.4 CSW%.
- Tarik Skubal fantasy baseball tip: Skubal’s an easy start in 14-team mixers or larger, despite the less-than-ideal matchups. He’s a fringe starting option in 12-team mixers. Still, he should be rostered in leagues of that size, even if gamers opt to bench him and avoid the risk this week.
Ross Stripling, Toronto Blue Jays (11%)
- Start 1: at Miami Marlins
- Start 2: vs. Baltimore Orioles
Ross Stripling‘s 2021 campaign got off to a dreadful beginning, threatening his spot in the rotation. Oddly enough, he turned his season around with a bulk-reliever appearance on May 24. In his last 29.1 innings, he’s recorded a 2.45 ERA, 3.75 SIERA, 0.92 WHIP, 7.0 BB%, 25.4 K%, and 28.2 CSW%.
His two matchups this week are favorable for continuing his momentum. The Miami Marlins rank 16th in wRC+ (94) against righties, and the Baltimore Orioles rank tied for 25th in wRC+ (84) against them this year.
- Ross Stripling fantasy baseball tip: Stripling’s a viable two-start-pitcher streamer in leagues as shallow as 12-team mixers.
Week 13 Fantasy Baseball Spot Starters To Add From Waiver Wire
James Kaprielian, Oakland Athletics at Texas Rangers (42%)
The Oakland Athletics are receiving rock-solid contributions from rookie righty James Kaprielian. The righty’s 2.84 ERA has been a pinch lucky when compared to his 4.25 SIERA. Still, his 1.11 WHIP and 26.8 K% are useful marks for fantasy baseball, too.
He’s unlikely to continue to pitch to a sub-3.00 ERA. However, the regression process won’t necessarily start with a matchup against the Texas Rangers. They rank tied for 21st in wRC+ (89) against righties this season. Further, they’re 29th in wRC+ (76) over the last 30 days.
- James Kaprielian fantasy baseball tip: Gamers in leagues as small as 12-team mixers should give Kaprielian a look for his matchup against the Rangers.
Week 13 MLB Sleeper Hitters To Add From Waiver Wire
Abraham Almonte, OF, Atlanta Braves (2%)
- 4 Games at New York Mets
- 4 Games at Cincinnati Reds
Two teams are scheduled to play eight games this week. The Atlanta Braves are one of them. Switch-hitting Abraham Almonte has hit his way into the cleanup spot against righties, and he’s a fixture in the lineup — albeit not in the cleanup spot — against lefties as well. His hot bat, lineup spot, and volume of games make him a top-flight streaming option.
Myles Straw, SS/OF, Houston Astros (16%)
- 3 Games at Baltimore Orioles
- 4 Games at Detroit Tigers
The Houston Astros are scheduled for seven games this week, and their pitching matchups are largely non-threatening. Myles Straw has settled into a groove, slashing .279/.344/.350 with one homer, 18 runs, 13 RBIs, and four stolen bases in 158 plate appearances since May 1. Straw’s speed and matchups make him a candidate to steal some bases this week. Gamers in need of speed should give him a look.
- Read about more of the best fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups for Week 13.