Atlanta Hawks vs Milwaukee Bucks Prediction: 2021 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Bet Tips
Here are The Game Day’s Hawks vs Bucks prediction and bet pick for the 2021 NBA Eastern Conference Finals. After our Hawks vs Bucks series preview, check out our 2021 NBA Playoffs Power Rankings & our full 2021 NBA Playoffs Guide.
Atlanta Hawks vs Milwaukee Bucks Playoffs Prediction: 2021 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Bet Tips & Pick
This is not exactly what folks expected from the Eastern Conference. The Brooklyn Nets were favorites to go all the way, so it was surprising to see them lose to the Milwaukee Bucks in the second round. Granted, injuries to Kyrie Irving and James Harden were a major factor in the series, but the Bucks prevailed in seven games to return to the Eastern Conference Finals for the second time in three years.
The Atlanta Hawks were also underdogs in their series against the Philadelphia 76ers, but survived in seven games. The series was hard-fought, with five of the seven games being decided by seven points or less, but Philadelphia didn’t have an answer for Trae Young and his young, talented supporting cast.
BetMGM offers a Risk-Free Bet for up to $600 for new players. Sign up to claim this welcome promotion and place 2021 NBA Playoffs bets today. Learn more about BetMGM Sportsbook with our hands-on review.
Atlanta Hawks vs Milwaukee Bucks Playoffs Prediction
Milwaukee Bucks To Win Series In 5 Games
This series heavily favors the Bucks, who have the superior playoff experience and regular-season record as well as home-court advantage and the presence of Giannis Antetokounmpo. Milwaukee also has the size and length to bully Atlanta across the floor and limit their primary pieces such as Trae Young, Clint Capela, John Collins, and Kevin Huerter.
There is no positional mismatch for the Hawks to exploit here, as they did against Philadelphia. The Bucks have a defensive presence at every point in their rotation outside of Bryn Forbes along with shooters as well, unlike the 76ers. Accordingly, this is the Bucks’ series to lose.
Atlanta Hawks: Keys To Victory
- 3-point shooting: Must be consistently hitting from the perimeter and at a higher clip than usual to keep up.
- Interior defense a.k.a. stopping Giannis: If they can’t contain Giannis, they won’t win. Period.
- Limiting turnovers: The Hawks have to make the Bucks earn their possessions along with maximizing their own.
Milwaukee Bucks: Keys To Victory
- Health: Losing Donte DiVincenzo prior to Round 2 was brutal, but they still have their big three in Giannis, Khris Middleton, and Jrue Holiday. If those core players stay healthy, this series is effectively over.
- Keeping the games out of reach: The Bucks will have leads, but they must avoid late-game meltdowns. They aren’t built to shoot themselves out of holes.
- Getting more from Jrue Holiday: Holiday struggled with his shot against Philly, shooting just 36.1 percent from the floor.
NBA Eastern Conference Finals Pick
Milwaukee Bucks To Win Series (-500)
Milwaukee Bucks To Win 2021 NBA Eastern Conference Finals
Bet $20, Payout $24
As mentioned, the Bucks have numerous advantages in this series which are going to be too much for the Hawks to overcome. Milwaukee held the edge in the season series as well, going 2-1 against Atlanta with both wins coming by double digits. The Hawks should be able to at least steal a game at home, but the Bucks should make quick work of them and advance to the NBA Finals.
Atlanta Hawks vs Milwaukee Bucks Schedule
- Game 1: Wednesday, June 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- Game 2: Friday, June 25, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- Game 3: Sunday, June 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- Game 4: Tuesday, June 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- *Game 5: Thursday, July 1, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- *Game 6: Saturday, July 3, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
- *Game 7: Monday, June 5, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
* if necessary