Here’s The Game Day’s 2021 Preakness Stakes Preview Guide for horses, post time, odds, bet picks & predictions will help you get on the track to making your favorite horse racing bets. The 146th Preakness Stakes are set for Saturday, May 15, with a post time to start at 6:52 p.m. ET at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. Will Medina Spirit win Preakness to capture the second leg of the 2021 Triple Crown? Read our 2021 Preakness Stakes schedule and Preakness Stakes bet picks to help you get ready for the big race.
2021 Preakness Stakes Bet Preview & Guide
2021 Preakness Stakes Schedule: How To Watch
- 2021 Preakness Stakes Race Date: Saturday, May 15, 2021
- 2021 Preakness Stakes Post Time: 6:52 p.m.
- 2021 Preakness Stakes Channel: NBC
2020 Preakness Stakes Win/Place/Show
- WIN: Swiss Skydiver (1st/Pole Position, Robby Albarado, final odds 11.7/1)
- PLACE: Authentic
- SHOW: Jesus’ Team
2021 Triple Crown Update: Kentucky Derby Results
The first leg of the 2021 Triple Crown ended with Medina Spirit, the 3 horse in the upcoming 2021 Preakness Stakes, pulling away from a tight pack in the top of the stretch run to nudge ahead of a close four-horse pack.
Mandaloun and Hot Rod Charlie finished in second (place) and third (show), respectively. Pre-Derby favorite Essential Quality finished at the back of that quartet that challenged for the win.
Of course, the bigger story came after the race was over. Medina Spirit tested positive for betamethasone, a corticosteroid used to treat inflammation. It’s deemed illegal in any amount on race day by Kentucky rules.
Trainer Bob Baffert admitted Tuesday that his team administered an anti-fungal ointment that contained the banned substance to Medina Spirit. Whether the colt will keep the 2021 Kentucky Derby victory is still being determined. (If upheld, Baffert would remain alone atop the Kentucky Derby trainer leaderboard with seven wins.)
However, Medina Spirit has been deemed eligible to participate in the 2021 Preakness Stakes and possibly capture a second leg of the 2021 Triple Crown.
2021 Preakness Stakes Horse Draw
1. Ram (Jockey: Ricardo Santana Jr. • Trainer: D. Wayne Lukas)
2. Keepmeinmind (Jockey: David Cohen • Trainer: Robertino Diodoro)
3. Medina Spirit (Jockey: John R. Velasquez • Trainer: Bob Baffert)
4. Crowded Trade (Jockey: Javier Castellano • Trainer: Chad C. Brown)
5. Midnight Bourbon (Jockey: Irad Ortiz Jr. • Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen)
6. Rombauer (Jockey: Flavien Prat • Trainer: Michael W. McCarthy)
7. France Go de Ina (Jockey: Joel Rosario • Trainer: Hideyuki Mori)
8. Unbridled Honor (Jockey: Luis Saez • Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher)
9. Risk Taking (Jockey: Jose L. Ortiz • Trainer: Chad C. Brown)
10. Concert Tour (Jockey: Mike E. Smith • Trainer: Bob Baffert)
2021 Preakness Stakes Horse Bet Odds
Odds courtesy of TwinSpires.com and current as of Thursday, May 13, at 4 p.m. ET.
- (3) Medina Spirit: 9/5
- (10) Concert Tour: 5/2
- (5) Midnight Bourbon: 5/1
- (4) Crowded Trade: 10/1
- (6) Rombauer: 12/1
- (2) Keepmeinmind: 15/1
- (8) Unbridled Honor: 15/1
- (9) Risk Taking: 15/1
- (7) France Go de Ina: 20/1
- (1) Ram: 30/1
2021 Preakness Stakes Derby Bet Pick
No. 10 Concert Tour (Morning Line odds 5/2)
Done reading “2021 Preakness Stakes Preview Guide: Horses, Post Time, Odds, Bet Picks & Predictions?" Place a bet using one of our preferred sportsbooks. 👇