MLB All-Star Game Prediction 2021 – AL vs NL All-Stars Betting Pick
The 2021 MLB All-Star Game is here, so it’s time to take a deeper look at the two teams and determine where you should place a wager. Whether you’d like to bet on the actual All-Star game or focus on player props, we’ve got you covered here at The Game Day for the 2021 MLB ASG at Denver, Colorado’s Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies.
MLB All-Star Game 2021: Odds To Win
- National League To Win 2021 MLB All-Star Game (-113)
- American League To Win 2021 MLB All-Star Game (-104)
2021 MLB All-Star Game odds are current as of Saturday, July 10, and provided by BetRivers, who have a welcome offer of a 1st Deposit Match up to $250.
MLB All-Star Game Prediction 2021
This year’s “Midsummer Classic” is at Coors Field in Colorado, which is interesting because it’ll be at the most hitter-friendly environment in baseball. We could see a high-scoring affair in this contest. It’s possible that playing at Coors will favor the NL because their hitters and pitchers have had more exposure to the altitude in Colorado than their AL counterparts.
This is especially true for players in the NL West, like Fernando Tatis Jr. or former Rockies, like Nolan Arenado. The NL also has Rockies starter German Marquez, who is obviously familiar with Coors. Usually the venue would not have much of an influence on the game, but there’s a decent chance that it will in this case due to the altitude.
2021 AL All-Stars: Keys to Victory
- Pitch around Fernando Tatis Jr.
- Bring in Carlos Rodon early to capture him at top form.
- Start Shane Bieber, especially after Gerrit Cole threw 129 pitches Saturday.
2021 NL All-Stars: Keys to Victory
- Pitch around Shohei Ohtani.
- Start German Marquez due to familiarity at Coors Field.
- Bring in Jacob deGrom early to help save the rest of the bullpen.
How Coors Field Will Affect The 2021 MLB All-Star Game
- Higher probability of a slugfest in arguably the league’s best hitter’s park.
- Coors Field helps with batting average as more hits fall.
- Contact hitters like Michael Brantley get the biggest boost in power potential.
MLB All-Star Game 2021 Betting Pick
National League To Win 2021 MLB All-Star Game (-113) at BetRivers
NL To Defeat AL In 2021 MLB All-Star Game
Bet $20, Payout $38
The National League are slight favorites over the American League in this one. I give the NL the edge here due to their superior roster with stud hitters like Fernando Tatis Jr. and pitchers like Jacob deGrom, who is in a tier of his own these days.
On the other hand, the AL has a few surprise breakouts on the roster like Texas Rangers OF Adolis Garcia and Baltimore Orioles OF Cedric Mullins.
Simply put, the NL has the superior roster on paper. I’ll also give the NL an advantage with their familiarity to Coors Field, especially with players like Marquez and Arenado.